Bag Seed Babies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AlkaloidContent

Hello Everyone!

Let me be the first to welcome you to my grow log. This will be my first log posted online. I have a quick introduction in the proper board for that purpose, but basically this isnt my first grow. I have had a few successful grows both indoors and out. However I would like to get a little more in depth with my grows and dwell into more important topics such as PH, nutrient ratios, etc. As opposed to germinate, sow (in pre nuted soil) and grow. With that said this isn't going to be me just posting pics of dying plants asking why I shouldnt water them every 10 mins. I understand many of the concepts behind this and dont wish to disregard the pro advice whilst offering what I can to the community.

* So you will see that my setup will not include all I need to grow through harvest YET. Understand in this economy there is no reason to purchase things like $20 carbon filters for your exhaust until the ladies begin to stink, for example.

GROW ROOM:
I have decided to go with a grow room inside of a closet to allow for extra security, light blockage, and merely to contain the "environment" from the rest of the space.

DIMENSIONS: 2'D x 3'W x 5'H.
So basically Im looking at about 12 sq ft of growing space. 2 feet back times 3 feet across times 2 foot high plants(end of flowering) Considering if allow you them to grow up to around 7-8 inches and then flower. They should shoot to around 2 ft by the time they are done. So out of the 5 ft in height I have I only need to utilize 2 feet of vertical grow space with lighting. Which seems it would allow for plenty of space for wires, materials etc. On that note....

LIGHTING:
I have decided to go with CFL lighting, being that the grow room (per se) will not only be enclosed once but twice being that it is in a closet. Heat will be the biggest issue. With CFLs heat is kept to the minimum in ratio to light output. CFLs only put out high intensity light at close distances so its imperative to keep them within inches to the plants.

ENVIRONMENT:
I will get a large sheet of one-side mylar 1/2" thick foam board. Velcro that up against the closet walls to create the room. In this large closet there is a shelving unit in the middle so basically you open up the double doors, shelves right in the middle, then two areas to the sides with the dimensions listed above. However on the left hand side the shelf is down low with the hanger rail. The right side I use for clothing as the shelf and rail is alot higher. So the areas are basically boxed in with only the one corner facing out of the closet being opened. So Ill put the cut-to-size board pieces, mylar side out up against the walls and bring them to a point where that corner is opened up, BAM you have your self four walls.

Now the roof will be the same material, however it will have a circular cut out about 10" wide feeding into a DIY carbon scrubber eventually. For now I will most likely just set a mylar piece on top of the room and let just feed hot air out through a dryer tube, to keep trace light out, but still fedd out the hot air, until I set up the carbon scrubber. Which will simply be the outpiece feeding thru aluminum screening with a carbon filter wrapped over that and a duct cap on the other end. As far as intake that will be at the bottom where the corners meet behind the closet doors. It will simply be a PVC elbow, sprayed black on the inside, wrapping from the side of the room into one of the shelves where no light can bounce through just in case. I will have a rather strong exhaust fan but no intake so that the room will have a negative pressure to it and exhaust exactly how much it intakes from the bottom.

I will have a fan inside blowing through the plants to give even more air circulation. I plan to build a CO2 generator and allow it to leak slowly into the room. I open the closet doors during the light cycle just to freshen the closet so I wont worry about CO2 build up as it should never reach high concentrations and the closet is practically sealed off with winterproof strip as it is.

The fans will be controlled by thermostat plug outlet. It simply kicks on and off based on environmental temps. The one I am getting will kick the fan on when the temp reaches 78 degrees. It also is made to kick something on if temps reach below 72. Unless I am mistaking. However it will be setup so that the final point of control will be that switch for the fan so when temps get too high most likely humidity is too and the exhaust will kick on bringing in fresh air.

In the end I plan to have a mix of warm 2700K CFLs and cool 6500K CFLs.I would like to post the whole wattage, lumen per sq ft math I figured up. However I did it on paper and do not have it to reference. It works out to about 3,000 to 5,000 total lumens per sq foot needed.

I will have three hoods with outlet extensions, going to a Y adapter feeding two Y adapters. So 4 bulbs per hood most likely 2 cools and 2 warms, and the rest of the bulbs will be placed lower in the canopy to allow much needed light the whole way up the plants, also mixed cools and warms throughout.

* I would like to go ahead an note that I will not have all these lights up all at once and only add lights as they are needed to spread over a larger area during growth. I also will only be using cools during veg and will not begin to add the warms until later in the grow as we make our way towards flowering. Once into flowering I then want a 50/50 maybe even 60/40 or 70/30 ratio cools being more dominant in veg. warms dominant in flowering. I never thought just using one spectrum or the other cut it. Naturally it isnt like that so why allow it to be enough.

NUTRIENTS: As of right now I am using blood meal sprinkled lightly (less than 1/4 tsp in a 10" pot, holding 5 babies. So far I have only watered once with tap water and that will change since the system has a water softener and I do not want sodium buildup. So eventually distilled, but anyways I sprayed them and used the rest of the water to pour into the pot, therefore beginning the release of the nitrogen from the bloodmeal. They are only about a week old and dont NEED Nitrogen since the two rounded leaves supply the plants with it in the first couple weeks, but they are in re used soil until this weekend that was flushed with hot water so Im sure they were glad to get something. However, I do not like to simply put anything in my veg soil, and I use organic soil, with less then 1/10 of a percent nute value of any nute, mixed with perlite and things for air and water balance. Once they grow up a little bigger I will feed with concentrations of blood meal brewed into a tea. For other nutrients I will likely go with a fish emulsion or the like just so they do get all they want. Even though I will focus on the main nutrients needed with foods high in said nutrients. I want to go as organic as possible not because it makes any large difference or that one shouldn't use chemicals (all nutrients are sourced from the same elements) so really there is no difference between chemicals and organics. Its just chemicals are meant to be easily absorbed where as organics must interact with micororganisms in the soil. Simply put I would rather my babies eat naturally instead of being fed through an IV. Really its simply to make a smoother cleaner better tasting/looking smoke. I mean if were going for medicine here might as well treat it as a medicine and make it as pure as possible.

Now for flowering I will be using the same type of soil but will go ahead and add bone meal to the soil so the plant has its needed Phosphorous food throughout the flowering cycle. Since bonemeal is not readily dissolved in water and other organic sources are not readily available in stores its the best option. Also will be feeding with organic plant food for other needed nutrients throughout the grow. Flushing with nothing but distilled water in the last couple weeks.

Now that we got through future-ness of the setup let me tell you where we stand as of now.

As I stated above for those who are still awake. I currently have 5 babies in a 10" pot in the closet. It is simply sitting on a shelf unit with one light hood holding 2 23W 6500K Daylight CFL. I have a meter that reads lumens, moisture, and PH. All analog. So I use that and some common sense in my waterings. This early in the grow there isnt much to say. They are coming along okay. They do show some early signs of slight nute issues but nothing too drastic. So far they are only about 1 week old. They arent booming along yet. I have to give them all more room so I will be buying 6 - 10" or so size pots and put two babies in each one. My mother-in-law is also growing but on her 2nd floor outside deck. Great idea for outdoor growth but she doesnt quite have the green thumb and her babies while bigger than mine since they are older they are showing signs of...well...unhappiness is all I can say. She has about 6 of her own so I am going to adopt them and get em inside. With 6 pots holding a grand total of 2 plants each I can get em back where thet need to be with some fresh soil, PH balanced feeding on a set schedule, and proper light timing. Nurse em back and then hopefully out of 12 total plants getting a few ladies, ripping and hashing the males, and finishing off the girls. Hopefully it will work out that all the females end up in their own pots. No matter what, I plan to sex and turn to flowering by the time they are about 7-8 inches. So no matter what I do not have to worry about space issues.

I apologize for not having picutres yet. I plan to go get the rest of the rooms materials this weekend and once everything is set up, Ill get some shots of the babies in their newest of homes.

Thanks for stopping by! Talk to ya soon! :cool:

I will be honest I skimmed through a lot of that because it is late and I am baked....:) but is see a cpl potential problems.

You want one plant per container.
Your actual square footage of your grow space is 6 feet. We don't count height unless we are trying to figure out what size inline fan we need for ventilation. This means you will need 18,000 lumens for the vegatative part of the grow and 30,000 lumens for flower. Those are the minimum.

Other thing was your plan to keep them to two feet by the end of the grow. 24 inches is tough with most strains...maybe a super short Indica or autos.
It will take a bit of LST. Are you familiar with it? Some topping will most likely be needed as well as some bondage.

What about exchanging the air? You need more then just fans blowing. An inline fan is usually used to pull the air from the grow space and passive intakes down low provide the fresh cooler air.

Oh and this might pissoff a few cfl growers but the truth is cfl's run hotter then an HPS and cost more in electric to run if you do the math. Not knocking them if that is what you want or have tomgrow with just spreading the truth.

You are also going to need a real ph meter. You can go with the strips but I recommend a ph meter. The strips are a PITA to read sometimes and are not very accurate for what we do. The dual prong meter you are talking about having with the three readings is a piece of crap for reading ph...we don't check the ph of the soil. We check the water and feed before they go into the soil. Maybe occasionally you will need to check the runoff of the soil but even that I steer clear of. Everything that goes into my soil is ph'd to 6.5.

Oh and CO2 needs to be used in a sealed grow space, at a ppm of 1200 I believe....it needs to be regulated. Homemade CO2 generators don't clear those hurdles as far as I know.

Welcome to MP....all of that is just my opinion. You may choose to do with it what you like.

Hamster Lewis said:
I will be honest I skimmed through a lot of that because it is late and I am baked....:) but is see a cpl potential problems.

You want one plant per container.
Your actual square footage of your grow space is 6 feet. We don't count height unless we are trying to figure out what size inline fan we need for ventilation. This means you will need 18,000 lumens for the vegatative part of the grow and 30,000 lumens for flower. Those are the minimum.

Other thing was your plan to keep them to two feet by the end of the grow. 24 inches is tough with most strains...maybe a super short Indica or autos.
It will take a bit of LST. Are you familiar with it? Some topping will most likely be needed as well as some bondage.

What about exchanging the air? You need more then just fans blowing. An inline fan is usually used to pull the air from the grow space and passive intakes down low provide the fresh cooler air.

Oh and this might pissoff a few cfl growers but the truth is cfl's run hotter then an HPS and cost more in electric to run if you do the math. Not knocking them if that is what you want or have tomgrow with just spreading the truth.

You are also going to need a real ph meter. You can go with the strips but I recommend a ph meter. The strips are a PITA to read sometimes and are not very accurate for what we do. The dual prong meter you are talking about having with the three readings is a piece of crap for reading ph...we don't check the ph of the soil. We check the water and feed before they go into the soil. Maybe occasionally you will need to check the runoff of the soil but even that I steer clear of. Everything that goes into my soil is ph'd to 6.5.

Oh and CO2 needs to be used in a sealed grow space, at a ppm of 1200 I believe....it needs to be regulated. Homemade CO2 generators don't clear those hurdles as far as I know.

Welcome to MP....all of that is just my opinion. You may choose to do with it what you like.

Well as far as the spacing concern I just figured they will grow into 2 sq ft up so might as well light that area too, but not completely like the canopy which needs covered.

And what you state about the height is understandable, but yes topping or perhaps some training can be used if needed, bet yet I think you mean short Sativas. Indicas are natures giant of cannbis. TREES were talkin! TREES. However taken as constructive criticism one in the same. I would like 2 ft height, which is being done all over in indoor grows, but remember I have a total of 5 ft up to use, so 2 feet tops is no where near the limit.

As far as air exchange I think you may have skimmed over that part. I do mention an air intake, a fan powered exhaust eventually feeding to a carbon scrubber at the top, all setup on a thermostat to kick them on when temps hit a no no spot, intake at the very bottom filtered with hepa filter to keep out unwanteds. Plus the fan inside for air movement simulating wind, making stalks stronger.

About the CFLs I hear you the power, output, heat and all other factors involved, HID lighting is God in a bulb, however my setup is a box within a closet, that most of the time will be shut. So the air inside the closet must be able to hold for at least the time Im at work that overlaps with its light cycle, until I get home and open up the closet doors. The dark cycle the air temp should be absolutely wonderful. With CFLs it simply makes sense to keep the lighting to an indoor disaster that can happen as opposed to an outdoor light gone wild inside. Plus I like to purchase all my materials locally with cash. I refuse to order grow supplies online, you never know where your information goes. The only HID fixtures I can get ar 75W and they cant interchange HPS/MH. So although I actually agree with you. We have to consider all factors. This leads me to CFL.

About the meter I hear you but I like to form my own opinions. I will however focus more on my feed and watering and being able to measure these, even though the meter I have can measure PH of liquids. I will just have to test it with something a little more professional.

And really with the CO2 system I just want to give it some good tokes of CO2 throughout the day. Honestly I am pretty sure this maybe one of those dreams I dont live out. Cuz I hear you about the completely sealed room (which I wont quite have) and from what I understand simply breathing on your plants provides them with happy amounts of CO2. We'll see what I end up doing I guess.

I appreciate you being the first to comment buddy, just know that I dont intend to respond argumentatively. Thank you for your input I actually am re-thinking a few things. :cool:

im a mind reader & if THG sees this, she will say; you dont need co2, just feed it fresh air, good exhaust in & out. i like the way she thinks:D

Ruffy said:
im a mind reader & if THG sees this, she will say; you dont need co2, just feed it fresh air, good exhaust in & out. i like the way she thinks:D

HAHA! Yeah Im already getting alot of feedback and you guys havent even seen the babies yet!

But hey were all fighting the same war on human right here true?

But yea the CO2 IDK I would like to give em something they will get plenty of fresh air, plenty plenty plenty. But hey I mean we all get plenty of oxygen but I could swear by it when I take in a nice breath of you know what, it really makes my day :cool: lol. So I mean why not even just shoot em with a paintball gun or something (no paintballs of course) when the fans are off a couple times a day when I check on em.

Kinda funny "Hey babies!" BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Most of what I would say, Hamster already said and I said a few things in the other thread. I think you have the spunk to grow some great herb. But really, its critical you understand the full cycle of MJ to maximize its potential. Alot of time and effort goes into your girls. So here are a few of my tips. For right now, I will leave the CFL thing alone.

1: Fans on your plants need to run 24/7

2: Your exhaust fan should run 24/7, even in the dark cycle

3: Dont bother with DIY CO2

4: Start with great genetics

5: Wheres your pest regime?

6: Blood meal is horrible choice. I used to use it.

7: Best advice is buy some bottled nutrients that cover all the bases

8: Or if you want, you can try organic cultivation, if you can get the items needed

9: Too stoned to think of anything else.

Will check back in on ya.

nouvellechef said:
Most of what I would say, Hamster already said and I said a few things in the other thread. I think you have the spunk to grow some great herb. But really, its critical you understand the full cycle of MJ to maximize its potential. Alot of time and effort goes into your girls. So here are a few of my tips. For right now, I will leave the CFL thing alone.

1: Fans on your plants need to run 24/7

2: Your exhaust fan should run 24/7, even in the dark cycle

3: Dont bother with DIY CO2

4: Start with great genetics

5: Wheres your pest regime?

6: Blood meal is horrible choice. I used to use it.

7: Best advice is buy some bottled nutrients that cover all the bases

8: Or if you want, you can try organic cultivation, if you can get the items needed

9: Too stoned to think of anything else.

Will check back in on ya.

Okay duly noted. I dont see why leaving fan on 24/7 is a bad idea. Deff keeps the air fresh.

CO2 I dont think I will worry about doesnt seem the extra work really makes a huge diff. It really doesnt have anything to do with flowering just veg (which leads to flower, but still)

The bag I got these seeds from was some real good, wanna say a comfy mix of Indica/Sativa. Really icy, nice light whitish green bud. Good ish Deff not your usuall outdoor tree branches.

I hear ya about bloodmeal I think what people dont get is it is not an instant feed, it does need a good microenvironment to get the nitrogen plant ready, so I think people mis use its potentail alot. Trust me I will deff get some liquid feed that covers bases, but for the main two N and P I want some extra oomph. SO maybe a bloodmeal tea, that sat for a few days splashed with some H2O2 to unflatten it, and feed. For the bone meal just get it in the soil the you flower in down in the pot so the plants really get it when they are comfortable into flowering and will use it. IDK still checking out my options.

sittin here thinkin the same thing :ccc:

AlkaloidContent said:
Okay duly noted. I dont see why leaving fan on 24/7 is a bad idea. Deff keeps the air fresh.

CO2 I dont think I will worry about doesnt seem the extra work really makes a huge diff. It really doesnt have anything to do with flowering just veg (which leads to flower, but still)

The bag I got these seeds from was some real good, wanna say a comfy mix of Indica/Sativa. Really icy, nice light whitish green bud. Good ish Deff not your usuall outdoor tree branches.

I hear ya about bloodmeal I think what people dont get is it is not an instant feed, it does need a good microenvironment to get the nitrogen plant ready, so I think people mis use its potentail alot. Trust me I will deff get some liquid feed that covers bases, but for the main two N and P I want some extra oomph. SO maybe a bloodmeal tea, that sat for a few days splashed with some H2O2 to unflatten it, and feed. For the bone meal just get it in the soil the you flower in down in the pot so the plants really get it when they are comfortable into flowering and will use it. IDK still checking out my options.

sittin here thinkin the same thing :ccc:

I like you :)

1: CO2 has huge advantages in flower. I could show you pics of 3lb indoor trees I have grown in 27gal tubs.

2: Soybean meal is leaps and bounds better than bloodmeal. I have been running full organic for about 2 years now. Seen side by side. But the thing you must know that many new growers get wrong. Is its sooooo much more than just N and P. Once you get to the point of growing a plant for 17 weeks without a defiency, you will fully understand what this MJ girl can suck outta nature.

3: Summer is here. You really should be thinking, mite preventative.

nouvellechef said:
I like you :)

1: CO2 has huge advantages in flower. I could show you pics of 3lb indoor trees I have grown in 27gal tubs.

2: Soybean meal is leaps and bounds better than bloodmeal. I have been running full organic for about 2 years now. Seen side by side. But the thing you must know that many new growers get wrong. Is its sooooo much more than just N and P. Once you get to the point of growing a plant for 17 weeks without a defiency, you will fully understand what this MJ girl can suck outta nature.

3: Summer is here. You really should be thinking, mite preventative.

You know what your right I completely left out pest n disease. Recomendations?

Yea I mean I really want to find a good feed that supplies Nitro all the way down to Zinc Copper Boron, Im sure my local tap water has amounts of these minerals Ill have to get a water analysis sheet from my local city water dept.
Really its more or less like this for feed. Always give it the main feed I have. Which just may be Soybean Meal now. So they get the whole list of elements. But still give em a kick in certain stages of growth with what seems to be the most important. The N for veg and the P for flower. Cuz I know that you cant just give em those oh so usual NPK and just NPK. Some nutrients help the plant get other nutrients, and some can lock out other nutrients if concentrations are too high.

How do you feel about water source? Distilled, Tap?

TREES! lol reminds me of a post I made earlier about Indicas. Yeah I mean Im sure if you have the CO2 system fine tuned (seems to work, eh?) it will havea benefit, in my grow most likely not.

I use tap water with a PH of 8.3. Goes straight in after sitting for 48 hours. I use a mix of organic amendments. I have a recipe on here somewhere. Very very powerful.

As far as pests. If you don't trade clones and you leave all fans on 24/7. Really all you need is one dose of Floramite or forbid in the last week of veg. Follow that regime and don't deviate. GL

nouvellechef said:
I use tap water with a PH of 8.3. Goes straight in after sitting for 48 hours. I use a mix of organic amendments. I have a recipe on here somewhere. Very very powerful.

As far as pests. If you don't trade clones and you leave all fans on 24/7. Really all you need is one dose of Floramite or forbid in the last week of veg. Follow that regime and don't deviate. GL

Ill check it out thanks buddy!

Gettin ready for another! :joint4: Gonna be a long summer....

yet I think you mean short Sativas. Indicas are natures giant of cannbis. TREES were talkin! TREES.
:confused2:.. I think you're turned 180 ;).. "Sat's" are predominately longer vegging, longer flowering, taller TREES than indicas. :)

You gotta be kidding I couldnt tell you how many times the whole Indica Sativa has led me to Sativa=Short Bush, Indica=Tree, Ruderalis=wild cannabis still grows in certain areas of west US, practically no THC, grows due to the hemp industry from the 20s and 30s leaving seed behind.

LMAO I used to to call my baby I grew outdoors a true sativa bush.

Now Im an idiot. Oh well live learn grow I guess.

"idiot" ?? not sure I would go THAT far!.. :p we're all stoners. and believe it or not, I myself was wrong once.. :confused2:

AlkaloidContent said:
As far as air exchange I think you may have skimmed over that part. I do mention an air intake, a fan powered exhaust eventually feeding to a carbon scrubber at the top, all setup on a thermostat to kick them on when temps hit a no no spot, intake at the very bottom filtered with hepa filter to keep out unwanteds. Plus the fan inside for air movement simulating wind, making stalks stronger.

About the CFLs I hear you the power, output, heat and all other factors involved, HID lighting is God in a bulb, however my setup is a box within a closet, that most of the time will be shut. So the air inside the closet must be able to hold for at least the time Im at work that overlaps with its light cycle, until I get home and open up the closet doors. The dark cycle the air temp should be absolutely wonderful. With CFLs it simply makes sense to keep the lighting to an indoor disaster that can happen as opposed to an outdoor light gone wild inside. Plus I like to purchase all my materials locally with cash. I refuse to order grow supplies online, you never know where your information goes. The only HID fixtures I can get ar 75W and they cant interchange HPS/MH. So although I actually agree with you. We have to consider all factors. This leads me to CFL.

About the meter I hear you but I like to form my own opinions. I will however focus more on my feed and watering and being able to measure these, even though the meter I have can measure PH of liquids. I will just have to test it with something a little more professional.

And really with the CO2 system I just want to give it some good tokes of CO2 throughout the day. Honestly I am pretty sure this maybe one of those dreams I dont live out. Cuz I hear you about the completely sealed room (which I wont quite have) and from what I understand simply breathing on your plants provides them with happy amounts of CO2. We'll see what I end up doing I guess.

:cool:

Okay as expected, here I am....Ruffy, you are not a mind reader, you guys are just getting to know me and my ummm, straightforward way of posting. But hey, I am an old lady and you get a certain age, you never know how much longer you have. No reason to pussyfoot around.

Alkloid, I may sound harsh at times, but believe that I have your best interests at heart and only want you to have bountiful harvests. I love helping people to become self sufficient. I have not had to purchase bud in over 15 years and sporatically over the 15 years before that.

Your space has 6 sq ft of growing space and 30 cubic feet of space. We use sq ft to figure lighting needs and cubic feet to figure ventilation needs.

Ventilation--you do not need an intake fan. You need a good quality fan for exhaust. This needs to run at least all the time the light are on (which should be 24/7 in veg). Ventilation is for more than keeping your space cool. Your plants need a continual supply of fresh air and this is only accomplished by exchanging the air in the space. Most of us have passive intakes and use an oscillating fan to move air around.

I don't understand your reasoning for the CFLs at all--"... however my setup is a box within a closet, that most of the time will be shut. So the air inside the closet must be able to hold for at least the time Im at work that overlaps with its light cycle, until I get home and open up the closet doors." This statement doesn't make sense to me--I do not understand what you are trying to say? I do not know what you mean by the air must be able to hold? You mentioned in your opening post "With CFLs heat is kept to the minimum in ratio to light output." This is not true. CFLs put out more heat per watt and less lumens per watt than any other type of lighting we use for growing--they are the least efficient. If you are using 23W bulbs, you are going to need 12 23W (276W 18,000 lumens) bulbs for vegging and about 20 bulbs (460W 30,000 lumens) for flowering (to achieve the 3000 lumens and the 5000 lumens needed).

Having a grow space inside a closet shouldn't really make any difference. I did a scrog grow in a box that I built in a closet. It was 22" x 26" x 48" and lit with 2 150W HPS lights in a cool tube. Just because HPS and MH lights are used for outside lighting does not make them outside lights--CFLs are no safer just because we use them inside, especially since they do run hotter.

What is your light schedule? For vegging, I recommend a 124/7 light schedule. Marijuana does not need a dark period and will grow all the time the lights are on. IMO, a 18/6 light schedule encourages stretch and results in fewer internodes.

Regarding buying with cash locally and not online--you are paranoid for no reason. Buying supplies online is NO security risk. Either is paying with check or CC. I would recommend purchasing some decent nutes for mj--GH Flora series or Fox Farm are what many here use.

Keep a close eye out for hermies as you are growing bagseed. It is likely that those few seeds you find in a bag od dank is a result of selfing and the seeds will carry the hermie gene.

Males do not have enough THC to make it worth while to make hash with them. Simply toss them.

Sativas grow tall and willowy with long slender leaves. Indicas stay short and stocky with broad leaves.

Hick said:
:p we're all stoners. and believe it or not, I myself was wrong once.. :confused2:

yeah rite hick, YOU, wrong, nah i just cant see it happening

ChewbacaKz said:
yeah rite hick, YOU, wrong, nah i just cant see it happening

chewy.. don't patronize me! :mad:... it's beneath you...:rofl:...

j/k my friend ;)

The Hemp Goddess said:
Your space has 6 sq ft of growing space and 30 cubic feet of space. We use sq ft to figure lighting needs and cubic feet to figure ventilation needs.

I knew the difference between square and cubic feet, what I didnt know is what is used to measure the two. Thank You :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
Ventilation--you do not need an intake fan. You need a good quality fan for exhaust. This needs to run at least all the time the light are on (which should be 24/7 in veg). Ventilation is for more than keeping your space cool. Your plants need a continual supply of fresh air and this is only accomplished by exchanging the air in the space. Most of us have passive intakes and use an oscillating fan to move air around.
:cool: Awesome so I have just the right idea as long as my exhaust can exchange 30 cubic feet of air, within a certain timeframe.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't understand your reasoning for the CFLs at all--"... however my setup is a box within a closet, that most of the time will be shut. So the air inside the closet must be able to hold for at least the time Im at work that overlaps with its light cycle, until I get home and open up the closet doors." This statement doesn't make sense to me--I do not understand what you are trying to say? I do not know what you mean by the air must be able to hold? You mentioned in your opening post "With CFLs heat is kept to the minimum in ratio to light output." This is not true. CFLs put out more heat per watt and less lumens per watt than any other type of lighting we use for growing--they are the least efficient. If you are using 23W bulbs, you are going to need 12 23W (276W 18,000 lumens) bulbs for vegging and about 20 bulbs (460W 30,000 lumens) for flowering (to achieve the 3000 lumens and the 5000 lumens needed).

;) Call me a rebel. It just all in all is easier to use. If you really are curious as to my reasoning I will gladly paste in one of the posts I have on the site explaining why.

The Hemp Goddess said:
What is your light schedule? For vegging, I recommend a 24/7 light schedule. Marijuana does not need a dark period and will grow all the time the lights are on. IMO, a 18/6 light schedule encourages stretch and results in fewer internodes.

Goddess Im sorry but alot of things contribute to stretch. Genetics being the biggest. Intensity of light absorbed being the next. IMO. I have have 5 babies on a 18/6 right now simply because I do believe in letting them rest for a few. Even to lower temps and make em feel at home. I fully understand they can and will grow 24/0. However my babies are stout little bushes, BUT there is one baby that is looks to want to reach out more, its the same height just wants to hug her sisters I guess. And to be honest in my setup lollipop plants are most likely what Im looking at, so they can and will with some pruning. Or maybe Ill train and get alot of small branches.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Regarding buying with cash locally and not online--you are paranoid for no reason. Buying supplies online is NO security risk. Either is paying with check or CC. I would recommend purchasing some decent nutes for mj--GH Flora series or Fox Farm are what many here use.

...yea I do need to look further into this and pest/disease control.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Keep a close eye out for hermies as you are growing bagseed. It is likely that those few seeds you find in a bag od dank is a result of selfing and the seeds will carry the hermie gene.
OMG I know this hangs over me every moment. But I mean this isnt for profit or even prideful impressions. Just to have. Just to do. Just to be a part of. Thats it, if I hermie let em seed at least they will flower too. And the males. Cannabutter baby. A whole bagelful of it lmao

The Hemp Goddess said:
Males do not have enough THC to make it worth while to make hash with them. Simply toss them.

See previous joke lol.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Sativas grow tall and willowy with long slender leaves. Indicas stay short and stocky with broad leaves.

Im glad at the end of the day you punish me for being wrong about the damn plant Im so in tune with instead of this and that. True Hippie...

Also might I just say about your picture if that is indeed you...rawr ;)

AlkaloidContent said:
Also might I just say about your picture if that is indeed you...rawr ;)

Yeah...35-40 years ago :giggle:. I'm a grandma now with a grandson who is almost 18. I don't know how I got so old.

Latest posts

Back