End of flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Bud

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I have several Plants in flowering and was wondering if these Plants stop producing hairs to indicate they are done flowering? And if not, just how much Amber Trichomes are we aiming for?
thanks
happybud

its up to you, i like 30-50%, you need to takes test buds to find what your after, then once you know the plant you can go buy days, jmo

dman1234 said:
its up to you, i like 30-50%, you need to takes test buds to find what your after, then once you know the plant you can go buy days, jmo
ok, thanks Dman. So how do you see the percentage in this Picture?
DSCF2084r.jpg
DSCF2084rc.jpg
Thanks HB

I don't see any amber. What variety? Are you going for on the couch or something more up?

its hard to say if not in person but the first pic is around 60 coudy 40 clear.

wait dman...did u just say 70 cloudy and 40 clear....wowzers 110% :rofl:

Hey if you are as good as Dman then you too can get 110% out of your yields. :hubba:

It's THC Bomb. what would you pick as its flowering time? 8 weeks 4 days or 6 Weeks 3 days? I'm only asking because I screwed up and had to reflower 9 days later after flowering for 5 days first. I have other plants that are not as mature as this one is so I'm thinking She's the only one that took to that first flowering. Amazing because this one was the runt. 19 sizable colas. Ten 6" to 10" others 4" to 6". well honestly I don't know how good or bad this is becase this is my first grow, of anything pot or otherwise. Please leave me your opinion. I'd appreciate it.
HB
DSCF2061r.jpg
DSCF2061r2.jpg

I looked at a couple of sites for THC Bomb and one says 8-10 weeks and the other says 7-9. You probably need to wait another week or so. I agree with dman, you've still got some clear trichomes. I don't know if that strain ambers much (I've grown a strain or 2 that didn't get too amber) but I'd let more trichs get cloudy.

Like I have just been advised on my own grow from the nice peeps here, "the waiting is the hardest part"! Thank you Tom Petty! :D

AG

those look like pretty sick colas from a pure cfl grow. no HID's at all?? and whats your plan for the taller girls when they start reaching up?

Happy Bud said:
well honestly I don't know how good or bad this is becase this is my first grow, of anything pot or otherwise. Please leave me your opinion. I'd appreciate it.
HB
View attachment 189881
View attachment 189882

:ciao: Ummmmm... ok. Here's my opinion :holysheep: !

That whole set up is crazy cool lookin'! If anyone ever had a doubt about what CFL's can and cannot do, well... there it is. They're beautiful! Excellent job esp for a first timer! :icon_smile:

Happy Bud said:
It's THC Bomb. what would you pick as its flowering time? 8 weeks 4 days or 6 Weeks 3 days? I'm only asking because I screwed up and had to reflower 9 days later after flowering for 5 days first. I have other plants that are not as mature as this one is so I'm thinking She's the only one that took to that first flowering. Amazing because this one was the runt. 19 sizable colas. Ten 6" to 10" others 4" to 6". well honestly I don't know how good or bad this is becase this is my first grow, of anything pot or otherwise. Please leave me your opinion. I'd appreciate it.
HB
View attachment 189881
View attachment 189882

Wow you got those nice Buds using CFL's

Mamba3164 said:
those look like pretty sick colas from a pure cfl grow. no HID's at all?? and whats your plan for the taller girls when they start reaching up?

They're not sick, they only appear that way. She necrosis-ed bud leaves due to overcrowding of the branches when I scroged. Had no choice, no room.
But they're doing fine, lots of calyxes popping up with lots of trichomes.
DSCF2186r.jpg
As for your concern about my Sativa stretching, no worries, she's been restrained but more importantly she's started necrosis-ing which means she's pretty much done with stem growth.
So what did you think of the amber count?
I find it hard as hell to distinguish them, especially when there's any old hairs about. But that will be taken care of in few days. Ordered 500x, 5mp usb microscope from amazon.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with cfl growing. Overall it’s the most economical and controlled way of growing pot.

Keep on tokin

By the way, there is nothing wrong with cfl growing. Overall it’s the most economical and controlled way of growing pot.

This post is wrong and misleading in soooo many ways, I hope new growers don't take this to stock!!

When mamba posted they were "sick" they was meaning that in a good way (or so am assuming) Some nice looking buds!

Happy Bud said:
They're not sick, they only appear that way. She necrosis-ed bud leaves due to overcrowding of the branches when I scroged. Had no choice, no room.
But they're doing fine, lots of calyxes popping up with lots of trichomes.
View attachment 190112
As for your concern about my Sativa stretching, no worries, she's been restrained but more importantly she's started necrosis-ing which means she's pretty much done with stem growth.
So what did you think of the amber count?
I find it hard as hell to distinguish them, especially when there's any old hairs about. But that will be taken care of in few days. Ordered 500x, 5mp usb microscope from amazon.

Keep on tokin

but with a great sacrifice to yield and light footprint...darnit, Roddy, yah beat me to it...lol...

ziggyross said:
Wow you got those nice Buds using CFL's
Yah, those cfls are great.
Trick to cfl lighting is keeping your back drop as close as possible to the bulbs and enclosing the area to trap light in the grow area.
With 8 23 watters on each side as it is con figured now, I'm achieving ~30k lux at 3 inch distance anywhere near the center of each side.
And that's not directly under bulbs either which would be more, like 35k lux.
There's nowhere on that plant canopy receiving less than 18k lux.
Also if the bulbs are mount on stiff wires, you can pretty much place the cfls anywhere you want. pic: DSCF1358r.jpg
DSCF1118r.jpg
And cfls are very economical to setup by making your own bulb sockets and light fixture. I spent less than $50 on whole setup, inclung the bulbs which was the most expense. Plus since cfls are unlikely to burn out at once, you don't have to worry about hid bulb or ballast going bad like in a hid setup.
But to be totally be factual, cfls can’t compare to hids in light penetration. My 400 watt hps bulb will produce ~5k lux at 4ft. . But that’s only because no one is producing a single point source cfl in that power range—400 watts. That would be awesome.
Here’s a picture of my white widow which started as an 8in clone , flowering “ UNDER “ the scrog canopy in my HID closet. That’s first 5 colas on left , with a 10in main cola. directly in back are it's mother in 5 gl bucket, about 20 good sized colas. On the right is a fast flowering unknown sativa in front trained to keep height in an s shape. Back of that is another 5gl ww. about same sized 20 colas. All doing very well so far.DSCF2237r.jpg
So if I were to grow in a larger room, say at least 8x8 room, I’d use HID.
But for small enclosed spaces CFLs are perfect.
Keep on Tokin

Attachments

• DSCF1050r.jpg
    DSCF1050r.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 80
Where's THC with her numbers?

Not knocking your grow, my friend because hey, great job! But cfl lighting is not the cheapest nor most economical and by far not the best to use for growing. I post this for the new growers who are trying to decide...don't fall into the cfl trap!

Latest posts

Back