general hydro question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower13

Reaction score
I've been playing around with dwc while i'm finishing up the for a long summer vacation from growing. I have my very first hydro plant at 7 weeks and 2 days....... very close to being done. My question is....... do hydro plants finish bloom faster than soil grown plants? I checked the trics....... they say the plant is__________. Tell me what you believe then I'll tell you what I have found. I'm asking this after reading info from a breeder where a flower time is given for soil and a flower time is given for hydro.

I have found no difference in flower time length between my dwc and soil grows.

But there again, the breeder must believe there is otherwise he would not give 2 different flowering times lengths.

No, I do not believe there is anything that makes a plant flower faster. I have done hydro for many many years and never had plants finish faster because they were growing hydro.

What breeder had different flowering times for soil and hydro? Are you growing their stuff?

:yeahthat:

i would also have to agree on the flowering time isnt sped up.. but i have noticed veg to be cut in half...
LH

I guess the breeder is just trying to be different. I wasn't sure. I bet he sells a few with the 6 week finish. I've got 5 days til mine finishes....... just like dirt.

Seed sells are a competitive business these days......... I guess you need to stand out in the crowd........ but it must be hurting the over all quality of the results.

I wouldn't trust any ads saying 6week finish unless it was from an independant study. Even then I would be inclined to think that would be happening under nearly perfect conditions or giving less than great yields. So far I have found that everything I've grown to take a week longer at least to get where I want it at harvest. :)

I'm not growing his genetics........ I was just looking at the gear on line and it got me to wondering.

Latest posts

Back