Brewing guano tea-help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta9

Psychonaut
Reaction score
So I'm brewing up my first batch of guano tea-and it's not actually foaming up as I thought it would and have seen it done on all the youtube tutorials I have watched..so does that mean no microbial action happening?

Basically I've dissolved 100 grams of guano powder into two litres of hot water-then taken taken about 240 mls of that mix and added that to 10 litres of cold water with 2 TBSP of mollasses. I've got two air pumps in there for oxygenation and its been bubbling away for 24 hours.

Is it possible I killed my microbes by adding hot water to the guano?
It was'nt quite boiling temperature -but close maybe 80 degrees C.

I was going to add some worm castings in but am wondering if maybe I've screwed it up and am better off starting again?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rose-I've given that a good read and based on that info I think I will start over..

What I was trying to do was follow Soma's method-detailed here..
http://somaseeds.nl/growing-with-guano/

..except using aerated water, which I am not sure he does.. at least his recipe does not specifically say so anyway.

That was a cool read as well. I love it when people truly love their plants and want to provide the best for them. He expressed that well.

I liked what he said you can recognize a happy plant. When the cola leaves are sticking straight up...it is like they are laughing.

Enjoy your tea making Delta9.

Latest posts

Back