First Cycle, First Grow - Northern Lights - Hydroponic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrog

x-Growa
Reaction score
We this is my first grow after reading enough garden logs and starting a basic garden on growkind.com but unhappy with the website.

I have been looking for a site to post my log and keep myself adn the internet updated with pics and latest news so I can keep better track of my babies.

So far we're in at day 131 from seed, tomorrow will mark 10 weeks of flowering and in 3 days we start flush. Unfortunatly, this grow only had the 150W HPS on them for the first 50 days or so of flowering.

At that point the 400W HPS was moved in.

We had some issues at the very beginning during the vegitative cycle, but once we reached flowering, things smoothed out. We only had one male of our plants and move him outside and reccently cut off and saved his pollen sacks.

So currently I've got my closet at 40" x 28" and plenty tall once I remove the shelf and bar for the next cycle of plants. My closet is called "Vet". It currently has bl/white poly paper on all the walls but is not completely light sealed, however it is one peice. This will be saved for the mother cabnet to be built soon, and then adjusting the current closet and light sealing it completely with panda paper. and a staple gun over "so-called" duct tape.

The heat in the closet makes the glue on the duct tape very weak. There was little capital and time to invest in proper ventalation for the "Vet".

Its only got 3 plants that were fimmed and spread really well into a screen of green made of wire chicken fence and coper rods to initially support it.

The tub's capacity is 50L tupperware keeping about 35L+ of water. There are 3 plants in there with one air pump to 2 - 12" airstones.

I will update this post in the future with the results of this first cycle and will begin a new post from scratch when I get to empty my closet and redo the paper and lighingo.

Sept 9: Day 129 - Final Water change, Fert Top up. Next change 1 week, start flush
Sept 12: Day 132 - 10 Weeks of Flowering.

Day132_scrog.jpg

Sept 13: Day 133 -
Vet:
We had little changes in Vet today.
Just checking on bug progress.
Water will be ready for some toping up tomorrow and a water change on Sunday morning as my babies wake up at midnight and fall asleep at noon.

Lazy:
In Lazy we had to change the water. Last wednesday the water was changed, (technically the 12th). The plants there are still looking good, and we're waiting on Taco to start his journal.

Depo:
We made a lot of advances in here today as noted in the many posts by my partner in the journal in my signature. New clones that were showing roots were brought into the 24h cabnet with the 150W HPS. The older veggers were transplanted into the larger tubs and will veg for a few weeks while Vet blooms and can be emptied.

The "Unit" is still under construction and will be a fresh journal once it starts moving. The Unit will house our veggers, mothers and clones. Depo needs to be cleared out in 2 weeks so it can be used with 2x 400W HPSs or the 1x 1000W HPS.

Pictures:
Updated pic of the full SCROG.
Random Bud Pic
Random Bud Pic
400W HPS Ballast remains outside the grow closet
400W HPS Bulb attached to the Batwing reflector and height adjusted by picture hanging wire.

Day133.[] 002.jpg

Day133.[] 003.jpg

Day133.[] 004.jpg

Day133.[] 005.jpg

Day133.[] 007.jpg

Sept 16: Day 136 -
Vet:
Flushed out all the ferts. Planning to flush for a week to 10 days.

Included are some close up bud shots from day 137.

Day137b.[] 001.jpg

Day137b.[] 002.jpg

Day137b.[] 003.jpg

Damn Scrog you got it going on and those are some killer close up shots. ;) Be sure to keep them updates and pics coming. :aok:

Latest posts

Back