lights bright/dim/bright/dim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulling to many amps for the circuit breaker/wire caused by your lights or something else on the same electric lines that draws large amounts.ie refrigerator

my sorry. i had a computer problem and all it posted was "because".
my question is this. how will a plant react to variable light intensity? specificaly i put my plants out side during the day in direct sunlight. at night i put them under a four foot ho t5. two bulbs, 10000 lums the plants are clones, rooted about 8-10 inches tall. i'm afraid they will get some kind of shock from iregular light exposiure. then again maybe they think its cloudy a lot.

The changing of light amounts can cause issues with stretch for some plants IF the light gets too low. But I doubt doing what you are doing will have any bad affects. With my vegging plants, (during the hotter days) I will turn off one fixture for 15 minutes every 2 hours during the hottest part of the day to allow the fixture to cool down. I keep a second fixture on during that time so that they aren't in total darkness. more like cloudy conditions. I wouldn't do that during flower though since they are only getting 12hrs of light during that time.

You risk bringing pests into your inside garden when you take plants in and out also.

Latest posts

Back