Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month, Box of Chocolates - Photo by Umbra!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > DIY Forum / Technical Articles
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #21
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

Air is more a fluid than a gas. it erodes, has resistance, flow, pressure....
I love this cabinet. I am on the look out for a dead freezer, very nice setup
yarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:43 AM   #22
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver

Nice project. A humidistat mounted in cabinet could control the low speed exhaust fan instead of a timer.
screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #23
sopappy

sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy

I thought blowing air across drying weed was a bad idea, it blew off trichromes or something.
I thought at first it was for clones :-), I was half way through the thread before I realized it was for drying racks, holy ****, talk about a 'beer' fridge in the basement, I want one. Nice job too!
I can hardly wait to see pictures of that baby stocked!
sopappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:49 AM   #24
Hushpuppy
Dr MadBud

Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy

Pappy; the key here is not to blow air across the buds. You want to allow the air to sit static in the dryer for a certain period of time (which will change with the amount of bud in the dryer and its level of dryness) to allow the air to saturate with moisture and then stop evaporation for a period of time to allow moisture deep within the buds to wick to the outside. Then after a time (a humidistat would be ideal for this size dryer) the fan turns on and slowly draws out the saturated air and pulls in fresh air. You only want the fan on long enough to replace the air.

Then the fan turns off and the evaporation process happens again until the air is saturated again. This slower and more deliberate drying allows better drying from within the buds to prevent over-drying or bud rot from under-drying. I think this controlled evaporation is very key to flavorful bud.
Don't fear the Drift TGC#2112

Blueberry punch
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=57271
Stealth cabinet grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...389#post745389

Pup's new stealth closet
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=70037
Hushpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote