Pineapple Express

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
I think I may try this one in a few months.
------------------------------------------------
Screen-Shot-2016-03-09-at-11.01.19-AM-700x336.png

Pineapple Express Marijuana Strain Review

By Monterey Bud on May 18, 2016

The Scoop: When Seth Rogen and James Franco fired up Sony’s 2008 cult classic – Pineapple Express – it cultivated a fictitious star-crossed strain that first blazed its way into theaters … then dispensaries. Over the past 8 years, cultivators and breeders alike have sought to procreate the Holy Grail of Hollyweed. Crossing Trainwreck & Hawaiian, the most pervasive cut of the Sativa-heavy Pineapple Express, for their own amusement.

The Result: As Saul Said, “It’s almost a shame to smoke it. It’s like killing a unicorn … with, like, a bomb.”

Type: Sativa-Dominant Hybrid

Also Known As: Seth Token

Genetics: Trainwreck & Hawaiian (phenotype: Sour Diesel rumored in some cuts)

Origin: Hawaii, the Big Screen, Hollywood Hollyweed!

Stoned Meter: 9

Average THC: 19.6%

Awards: 2nd Place Non-Solvent Hash – Pineapple Express Bubble Hash in 2012 NW Leaf Concentrates Cup. (Side note: While James Franco did win stoner of the year in `08, he admittedly refrains from firing up.)

Strain Profile: Equal parts Trainwreck and Hawaiian, with the occasional Sour Diesel cut thrown in for good measure, most versions of Pineapple Express will likely retain their own unique characteristics.

Appearance: Similar in appearance to one of her fast-track parents, Pineapple Express bears a striking resemblance to Trainwreck. Laced in trichomes with prominent hues of lime-like yellow, these flowers radiate a bright green, near fluorescent shine. Provided it’s your lucky day, you might even get a nug that looks like a pineapple in your sack.

Consistency: Like butter, Pineapple Express breaks apart easily by hand and her shredded flower makes for a tasty blunt. For those in search of a more symmetrically burning joint, I would suggest trying a grinder.

Scent: Boasting a terpene-rich profile of tropical fruit, the Pineapple Express aroma has its own therapeutic value. Relaxing, inviting, and ready to please, just a whiff of this strain makes the mind spin with ecstasy.

Taste: Pineapple Express smacks of Lemon Meringue Pie with a hint of pineapple frosting. Strong yet sweet, with a flavorful citrus exhale.

Effect: A perfect early morning surf strain, the Pineapple Express’ high inspires most. Similar to a cup of high-octane coffee, this genetic mashup makes a great wake and bake cheerleader.

Strain Background: We’ve covered its lore and namesake, and with great renown comes great risk. If a grower has an uppity, Hawaiian strain, he’ll market and sell it as Pineapple Express for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately, this means no cut of Pineapple Express will be the same as the other. On the bright side, odds are, if the grower knows what’s good for him, he won’t name this baby after Hollywood’s most legendary stoners if he knows what’s good for him.

Growth and Seed Info:

Pros: From the dispensary standpoint,Pineapple Express sells.

Cons: From the consumer standpoint, it’s often imitated. (Suggestion: Ask to see test results, look at terpenes)

Known Phenotypes: Short. Stout. Sticky.

Original Breeder: G13 Labs

Current Breeder: G13 Labs

Seed Bank of Choice: Seedmine/Herbie’s Head Shop

Flowering Time: 52-62 Days

Flowering Type: Fast flowering. Autoflowering.

Growth Height: 100-200 cm (?)

Expected Yield: High

Breeder Quote/Advice: For the above-noted reasons, be extremely wary of seed banks selling Pineapple Express and make sure you read reviews and double check your references. But if you can get your hands on it, it’s a keeper!

Related Strains: Hawaiian, G13 … Sour Diesel, Pineapple Kush

Family: Fruity

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/2016/05/pineapple-express-marijuana-strain-review/

G-13 Labs PEx seeds are a pineapple pheno of C99 reversed to make fem seeds... Ive grown at least 6 from seed and there is 100% no way Sour D is in there anywhere... all short and stocky and done 9 weeks max...

Gee.. the Pineapple Express,

I know of is named after a meteorological event like a north wind

rather than named after a movie

which precedes the movie by 5 years ...lol

good luck

I don't know what its genetics are, but I know I like it. Yes, vostik, weather too. Hawaii? ;~)

Hi Jaam.:48:

G-13 Labs PEx seeds are a pineapple pheno of C99 reversed to make fem seeds... Ive grown at least 6 from seed and there is 100% no way Sour D is in there anywhere... all short and stocky and done 9 weeks max...

Like JAAM said, this has also been my experience with G13's PEX. But like Rose said I still like it.

Hi Rose and Jaam.

Dman!, i think of you often. nice to see you. tell us what your doing lately.

Latest posts

Back