how to cure your meds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so cut the braches and hang them and then cut leafs off then throw in a paper bag to finish off then go ahead and throw it in the jar, did i get that right????

The jar part is important. That is how you get the moisture out of the center of the bud. Hanging can make the outside dry but that is deceptive.

I put mine in rubbermaid containers with airtight lids, kinda opauqe. When the moisture builds up on the walls and the lid, I open it to air out, about twice a day for two weeks, than once a day for two weeks. Much better smoke.:D

You can even taste a difference if you pick buds out during the process.

Heard a rumor about a great grower that freeze dried his but nothing to back it up. earch here and couldn't find anything.

so wat do u do, hang it for 3 - 5 days and then throw it in your rubbermaid containers??

So overall from what I've read.... It should go like this:

Trim off large fan leaves
Hang upside down in dark until outside is nice and dry (3-7 days?)
Cut off nugs and put into paper bag for 3 days to 2 weeks (fluff everyday)
Place dried nugs into mason jars venting 2x/day for 1st week, 1x/day 2nd week.
Should be A-Ok for long term storage now?

Tips I've read:
When fluffing/venting check for mold I ( smells like piss).
Mason jars tightly sealed in dark spot are good long-term storage containers.
A nug thats ready should snap the middle stem when bent.

I skip the paper bag step ;)
goes right into jars and i open em up every day for the first week give em a shake...let air out a bit. 2nd week do less...3rd week even less...until 1 month then maybe 1x a week tops. long term lil bag of silicate and never open until ready to start toking it.
Take a bud and stash it for a year.. ;) you'll be pleasantly suprised the difference. :D
I prefer a long long cure if my patience will allow.

what about hawaii, its hella humide here usesally you have to use a dehumidifire to cure buds, I need help what sound I do here?,,

if I put the cut buds in a mason jar for more than an hour they will get moldy,,,,,chris

If you just take a damp piece,wad of paper towel or tissue in the dry product,it will moisten it. That way you can control the moisture. If it's too damp,squeeze some moisture out. With peals,chunk's of apples, you may have to do more drying. I personally don't know if repeated drying is good but it don't sound good.

Instead of using a paper bag approach in the second step, I like using an old cigar box that adds some charater to mine. I leave a couple of my favorite cigars within, and place my marijuana inside for a rich vintage smell. The remaining aroma from cigars gives the marijuana a heavenly taste. Wooden barrels are used to mature wine and marijuana is best when maturing in a cigar box, made from wood. If done properly, you can smoke it secretly in public because it doesn’t give out that disguising marijuana smell. Try this approach, and it will rock your world!

but that marijuana smell is what i like to inhale!!!!!

Reactions: Del
blondeboy said:
Instead of using a paper bag approach in the second step, I like using an old cigar box that adds some charater to mine. I leave a couple of my favorite cigars within, and place my marijuana inside for a rich vintage smell. The remaining aroma from cigars gives the marijuana a heavenly taste. Wooden barrels are used to mature wine and marijuana is best when maturing in a cigar box, made from wood. If done properly, you can smoke it secretly in public because it doesn’t give out that disguising marijuana smell. Try this approach, and it will rock your world!

As opposed to that Cigar smell and taste.

I for one will pass, I enjoy the taste of the Fruit of my Labor.

Best wishes
"P"

"Disguising marijuana smell". What's up with that remark blondeboy???My MJ smell is haft the job in curring. I look forward to the smell and stinking up the whole house.

I thought my meds were supposed to cure ME! :confused:

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

i rehydrate dry weed by putting it into a airtight container with a small bowl of water inside with the buds and sealing it up for 3-5 hours and the buds are moist again without altering the taste :)

Is a green light safe to use while checking your bud. I left a green light (40watts) on for a while.

could you speed the drying process by useing a dehydrator? or would that harm the product or over dry?

i have heard if you want to quick dry a nug put it in the oven on 150 degrees for about 10 minutes.. this doesn't destroy the thc as if you were to microwave it or something.. if you need a quick dry... i prefer to wait and do it right myself

When I sat down and talked to DJ short about this method, he told me that people noticed the brown bad may start to draw out some of the smell from the buds so he recommended only a day or so with the bag folded several times and small holes cut in the top. This will shorten the cure time without rushing it. I hope my expirences will help/

tokinherper said:
could you speed the drying process by useing a dehydrator? or would that harm the product or over dry?

no using a dehumidifier is recommended. Only to keep your relative humidity at the appropriate levels 40-55%. Remember it takes 12 days for the chlorophyll to break down in the dark so do not rush your buds. and do not exposes them to light in the first 12 days

peacock said:
Is a green light safe to use while checking your bud. I left a green light (40watts) on for a while.

no. a 40w is not really safe because it is not a pure green spectrum, unless you are working for NASA and have a 40w green LED. otherwise, get a low watt LED from your local grow store

Latest posts

Back