Pup's new grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
late to the show and hijacking again...
I get the odd plant that is super easy trim like that but I have no idea how it happened... you guys can do it on purpose?
is it in this thread, GH? or can you point me to the technique or is it a strain thing?

"blackberry dream" from gorilla seeds. i have grown out about 9 of them. all very similar in structure. beautiful and by far the easiest trimming ever, for me. lightning fast with rubber gloves. fat, hard buds. no stringy leaf plucking. VERY IMPRESSED with stuff i ordered from gorilla seeds.

lsd is also great. 25%thc and cbd kicker. everyone loves.. sorry for hi-jack!!

i hate blue dream. 2 BAD experiences.. NEVER GROW AGAIN!!!

Thanks guys, no worries on the hijacking :) Pappy The leaf to bud ratio is very much tied to genetics. There may be a little in structure control but probably not much. That fan does look like a hamster wheel :eek:

Here are some latest pics. I took one of the 3 LSD plants and cut it back down small as I am going to use it for my clone donor and I still have a while before I have to take cuttings. You can see how I did the "mainline" structure control through multiple toppings. Each of these branches will be spread out under the scrog screen. here in about a week. Depending on how fast they grow, I will keep them under 24hrs of light until they fill the screens just a little then flip.

The first pic is a week ago. You can see the little plant over to the side. That plant is the same age as the others but because the roots were damaged in transplanting (I think) it was significantly delayed. Its not part of the group as it belongs to a friend.

View attachment LSD BBD 4-17.jpg

View attachment IMG_20170404_142430661_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20170406_190604331_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20170406_190710297_HDR.jpg

very healthy!! really looking forward to harvest pics and your opinion on smoke..nice job!

The girls have been transplanted to final pots (12" diameter, 2gal) and moved to flower room. I will set the screens on them today so that I can scrog the LSD. The BBD looks to Indica structured to be scrogged but I will set the screen over it so that the buds will have support. I am allowing them a week to get settled and then we flip the lights :)

View attachment IMG_20170410_191431623_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20170410_123017605_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20170410_192253784.jpg

View attachment IMG_20170410_193740391.jpg

All the girls are coming along nicely and are ending first week in flower. The BBD is a much more stocky "Indica" while the LSD is very "sativa" in structure. The LSD is taking quite well to the scrog and already surpassed it. I suspect I will have to use a second screen a foot above the first one on the LSD for support when the buds get heavy.

View attachment IMG_20170418_222328887_HDR.jpg

Looks great hp. Thats one busy scrog

Just got a pic of the girls last night. They are in their 8th week of flower and happy :) The buds are doing nice and smelling very rich and sweet. Not very fruity smelling, more sweet musk. They are getting organic tea for the last couple weeks. seems to really punch up the flavor and smell. The resin glands are already looking like they are getting about 50% cloudy.

The Blackberry Dream has the puff balls that are the size of ping pong balls, and the top buds are the size of baseballs.
The LSD is getting plump and frosty. Not as big of buds but they should still be very nice :)

View attachment IMG_20170604_214504128_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20170604_214456245_HDR.jpg

looking very professional pup!! looking forward to some close-ups at harvest.:aok:

The lsd i grew look exactly like that. Lots of foxtails.

thanks guys. Yeah these were not bad for trimming. I should still have enough trim though to make some good hash :) Still waiting for the second cut to dry so that I can weigh to see what the final tally is :)

Latest posts

Back