15 days.. ok to start nutes??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blunt

I kill them all
Reaction score
i have about 30 seedlings in an ebb an flow at 75F watering with 5.8-6.0 PH distilled water 3x a day 20 minutes each cycle under 2- 250W MH . they are 2-3 inches or maybe a little more. constant fan blowing on them. im a little gunshy about adding nutes (GH 3part) as i burned my first ones and these actually got slightly burned from leftover salts in the hydroton at first. my ppm is now 130 and all looks good finally. should i wait another week or should i ease into it? and if so, do i just add micro and grow 1/8th dose? thanks for the help as i dont want to screw these up. i finally have some healthy plants after a horrific start

You should be alright as long as you go real light with them. Try the 1/8 for a few days, if they like it you could step it up a little more...just my $0.02 though. I started mine at 7 days, didn't have a ppm meter then, but went with half the reco for seedings and cuttings...

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
How old are they?

roflmao,

sorry, but you needed laughing at for that question bro.:eek::holysheep:

don;'t take offense at me laughing at you, if i did the same i would expect some serious mockery.

15 days , who knows, its all strain dependant, i found blueberry from dutch passion to hate nutrients and the plant went pretty much without them for a good while and when they did get nutes it would only be in small amounts.

Theres other strains though that will get deficiencies at the first set of leaves, what you gotta do is let the plant tell you what it needs and learn to read deficiency and burn, the reason no one ever gives feeding advice is because there is no right or wrong way, theres so many variables that can become a determining factor that you have to let the plants tell you.

if you can put up some high res pics then we can take a look

the widowmaker said:
15 days , who knows, its all strain dependant, i found blueberry from dutch passion to hate nutrients and the plant went pretty much without them for a good while and when they did get nutes it would only be in small amounts.

Theres other strains though that will get deficiencies at the first set of leaves, what you gotta do is let the plant tell you what it needs and learn to read deficiency and burn, the reason no one ever gives feeding advice is because there is no right or wrong way, theres so many variables that can become a determining factor that you have to let the plants tell you.

if you can put up some high res pics then we can take a look

thank you for some sound advice. i dont mean to sound like a whiny ***** but it seems like unless you have some serious grows under your belt or unless youre growing 100 dollar seeds its tough to get an answer. but your post explains it. one day i will be the guy who knows what hes talking about and i will pay back the community at that time. again , thanks
ill post pics as soon as my wife brings the camera home from work

the widowmaker said:
roflmao,

sorry, but you needed laughing at for that question bro.:eek::holysheep:

don;'t take offense at me laughing at you, if i did the same i would expect some serious mockery.

i was refraining. i chocked it up to maybe being a little high. i smiled though

Bleh...didn't notice the topic header.lol

Latest posts

Back