Is 1 gram per watt really such a much???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PUFF MONKEY said:
so let me get this right,... 1 gram per watt, per plant grown in optimal conditions......DRY..... with my 6 gnarly girls i'll never run out of pot if i flower with my 1000w hortilux........heck...even at 1/2 gram per watt...how realistic is this ?????

Pretty realistic to get .5g/w if you are not training your plants at all.

When you start to get into plant training, your yields will go up if you give it the right amount of vegetative time, IMHO.

Puffin Afatty said:
:farm: Also, I think if days in flower is factored in, SnowWhite loses Her edge significantly :hubba:

I think that we do need to factor in flowering time somehow--17 weeks is really quite a long flowering period--longer than 2 8-week crops :D. Maybe we can come up with some kind of grams per kilowatt hour or something like that. Although grams per watt seems like a good way to figure potential yield, time needs to be somehow calculated for this to be a valid indicator.

PUFF MONKEY said:
so let me get this right,... 1 gram per watt, per plant grown in optimal conditions......DRY..... with my 6 gnarly girls i'll never run out of pot if i flower with my 1000w hortilux........heck...even at 1/2 gram per watt...how realistic is this ?????

:farm: I'd venture to say with 6 plants/1000w you could do even better. I also think if I put my horizontal bulb vertical, and surround it with a scrog, might increase it even more, a circular scrog if you will :hubba:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think that we do need to factor in flowering time somehow--17 weeks is really quite a long flowering period--longer than 2 8-week crops :D. Maybe we can come up with some kind of grams per kilowatt hour or something like that. Although grams per watt seems like a good way to figure potential yield, time needs to be somehow calculated for this to be a valid indicator.

:farm: As previously suggested by many, I agree :aok: perhaps grams per watt per hour, where grams produced is divided by watts times hours under the lamps even factoring in veg times as well :hubba:

Legendary Genetics said:
The Holy Grail embodies quality, not quantity.

:watchplant: again I agree, She's got to be worth smokin :bong1: or She aint worth growin. In this particular case, my SnowWhite had shown Herself to be worthy of regeneration and then again I wanted to try to grow 1# for stash. :farm:

if you mean general hydroponics by GH , then i'm prolly using the same bloom nutes..i'm about 6 wwks into veg and will flower as soon as my 1000w HPS gets here.how long would you recommend flowering ????

I think its really strain dependant.. I've had grows that I'm very proud of that I didn't get a gram/watt, and I've grown tables with an NL5 pheno that yielded almost 1.5 grams/watt in a mismanaged jungle..

In a scrog grow I have heard of results like 2-4oz \sqft....:eek: definately if scrog is used with HID 1g\watt goes out the window....

I think you are correct, 1gm/watt is only a measure, an idea, a benchmark, so to speak ;) LST, SCROG, even SOG can easily produce more than 1gm/w, I think it possible to produce 2 gm per watt, easily, with a light mover and LST alone with a sativa like SnowWhite :hubba:

Legendary Genetics said:
The Holy Grail embodies quality, not quantity.

Yeah, who really cares about yield? I'd rather have an ounce of some soul-searching nuclear smoke than a pound of some garbage.

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
Yeah, who really cares about yield? I'd rather have an ounce of some soul-searching nuclear smoke than a pound of some garbage.

Silly, I want a lb of nuclear smoke. It can be done.

Latest posts

Back