plant training 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres a closer look at the plants main branches. when i flower i will stop cutting off all the small branches. thank you. peace.

the grow 2.jpg

my plants doin a little dance for us. reach for the light my people! peace.

molly.jpg

molly 1.jpg

had to get my plants closer to the light. didnt like the way they were stretchin. trimmed up molly. missed a couple, ill get them after this post. can you see the stems i missed. probably not. haha. its always gonna be sour grapes with you boy, til you get right with jesus. peace!

molly 6.jpg

molly and 40.jpg

this is the most current trim, it wont grow out for about five days. then i can determine what to do next. i have them growing outwards of eachother. i keep all fan leaves possible and tryto get them all growing away from eachother. check out the purple comin through on the stems.

purple.jpg

molly 7.jpg

Hey JJ your plant is looking good man:D
Hopefully we see some buds forming soon:aok:
Dro:cool2:

Looking good but at this stage they should be a lot taller and thicker. IMHO please stop chopping on them so much. Especially during the 4th week of veg pruning can cause a lot of stress and you are losing valuable bud sites and every time you cut you are slowing down the plant because it has to recover from the stress and might either give you hermies or males. Some plants take anywhere from 2-10 days on average to recover. This is the best advice to give you. Good luck! :farm:

newgreenthumb said:
Looking good but at this stage they should be a lot taller and thicker. IMHO please stop chopping on them so much. Especially during the 4th week of veg pruning can cause a lot of stress and you are losing valuable bud sites and every time you cut you are slowing down the plant because it has to recover from the stress and might either give you hermies or males. Some plants take anywhere from 2-10 days on average to recover. This is the best advice to give you. Good luck! :farm:

im not chopping them up man...im pruning them. big dif. as far as stressing the plant..ive noticed that as soon as i cut its back two days later. training for three dense buds. the plant is over five months old by the way. peace.

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. If you are just experimenting, that's one thing.

Do you know why stress causes a plant to turn hermie? If so, stop reading. If not, well, I'll tell ya...Cannabis has an almost unparalleled "instinct" to continue its species. If it senses that conditions are such that it may die, it releases a hormone that causes part of the plant to become male (and vice versa) so that it can pollinate itself in order to reproduce.

There are many types of stress that can induce the change and different strains are more and/or less resistant to different types of stress.

Don't be surprised if your girls grow balls.

That said, I love experimentation!!! I hope it turns out OK.

i made a little report about how im pruning. you can read along in the pictures. thanks.

first cut.jpg

second cut.jpg

final three.jpg

Puff- The Magic Dragon said:
I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. If you are just experimenting, that's one thing.

Do you know why stress causes a plant to turn hermie? If so, stop reading. If not, well, I'll tell ya...Cannabis has an almost unparalleled "instinct" to continue its species. If it senses that conditions are such that it may die, it releases a hormone that causes part of the plant to become male (and vice versa) so that it can pollinate itself in order to reproduce.

There are many types of stress that can induce the change and different strains are more and/or less resistant to different types of stress.

Don't be surprised if your girls grow balls.

That said, I love experimentation!!! I hope it turns out OK.

that is a lovely piece of advice. thank you much. this is new to me but most def makes sense. aphrodite right. peace.

well man..i think you hit the nail on the head with this one. i saw pollens sacks developing tonight. on ******* day 1 of 2008 i see male traits! this is 6 months work! oh well..wont start another grow til i move to NC. im gonna give the bush away.

i even named this plant after someone. dang. well this is what he looks like now. peace out!

damn..jpg

6 months of work?! and it turns out to be male? I'm pretty sure your plant would have shown sex a lot earlier, are you sure you dont mean 6 weeks?

Blunted said:
6 months of work?! and it turns out to be male? I'm pretty sure your plant would have shown sex a lot earlier, are you sure you dont mean 6 weeks?

no man..this plant is six months old...ive posted threads about why it didnt show sex sooner..som say because of how much i was training it.

well I admire your persistance, I prolly would have quit growing if I grew a male for 6 months. GL in future projects, look into lst perhaps

But you chewed my head off for offering that same advice, chopping & pruning may sound different but its the same thing. "Some people don't believe fat meats greasy" and all I was trying to do is help. Hope things go well for you and happy new year! :48:

wow thats a kick in the pollen sack!!! Buddy next time leave it alone right up until its big enough to take a viable cutting, take it, root it, put it on 12 on 12 off. Apparantly u dont even need to root the cutting first, but I`ve not tried it so I wont recommend it.

i cant believe i waisted my time watching you destroy this beautiful plant....and all the advice given still you continued on cutting and cutting and prunning....man i dont know waht to say....but dont do that again for gods sake..or if u do and want to experiment....save pics and post it if it works....good luck

Latest posts

Back