does heat produce more resin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually your close K3nnyg, very close yet not right, these plants much like humans and other living organisms has 2 hormones, Mj has 2 hormones that when balanced allow the plant to flower, lets call them floragin and anti-floragin, basicaly the plant as its in veg state has very high amounts of floragin the veg hormone and low amounts of anti-floragin, when you swap to 12/12 light cycle the plants hormones start to balance out and the anti-floragin starts to gain in levels, once the anti-floragin is equal to or greater than the floragin the plant begins to vigoriously flower, hence the ~2week stretch, as the flower hormone attempts to out weigh the veg hormone it causes the plant to use stretch, once the hormones level off with flowering hormone at the highest and the veg hormone basically dwarfed by the flower hormone the plant stops stretching and begins its flowering. so you were close with the idea of increased hormone levels but wrong in reguards to only one hormone, and as for the topic of this thread, there are so many variables that dictate resin production, and extreams of any kind, heat or cold can cause the plant to do stupid things in a vain attempt to stay alive, the most common is the production of nanners in an attempt to fulfill the plants destany so to speak. usualy its nanners due to extreams not resin production, infact the best way to insure highest resin production is to get your grow perfectly dialed in, nutes, light, temps, rh, Co2, for example need to be maintained almost to the OCD level lol, the more fine tuned your grow is the better chances of the plant reaching its max potential, simply stressing with heat or cold isnt going to up resin production. if anything will its a perfectly tuned and detailed grow along with stronger lights (well more lumens) will allow the plant to do more, more energy recieved = more output plain and simple. excessive heat and cold can and will only harm the plant and could cause deeply burried genetics such as the hermie trait to rise up and show its self.

Thank you for the correction. Its been a while since I went over this stuff. You are of course correct and your description was at a high level correct. I only say high level because we both were attempting to paraphrase a very complex process. Good read though thanks. As far as the contributing factors of resin production goes though we are on the same page there. A plant always does what its programmed to and is only limited by environmental factors that, once you get them all correct(or dialed in), allow the plant to reach its potential. Its all the factors to include nutrients(macro and micro), O2, CO2, PH, Temperature, humidity, light(and then light has several factors under their own category), circulation, elevation, barometric pressure, and the list could go on even further. Its almost impossible to say that any subgrouping of these factors can be pointed to as a catalyst for resin production. Really we can only make some basic assumptions based upon what we know about the metabolic process of the plant and what elements are found in the resin itself. I don't know that that comparison has ever been done. It would certainly take waaaay more equipment then I have available to me and I have a pretty big tool box;) it would be awesome research though! I could get lost in that for a decade or two for sure!

IMO i have found keeping temps 82 - 86 with little higher Humidity was key to faster overall growth i tell people all the time look at your strain study its genetics ( where it came from ) for instance i grew Afghanistan kush well from reading info on the area Kush mountains i dialed my room accordingly for instance late flower i chilled my room to almost freezing temps and cranked the fans being its very windy and so on lol might sound stupid

not at all... reproducing natural conditions the plant has grown to thrive in, sounds smart to me DrFever, did it help with yields?

I would totally agree. A strains genetics very well should adapt to its environment over time. That's sound technique.

Latest posts

Back