Is 1 gram per watt really such a much???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using cfl's is the 1g per watt the actual cfl wattage or the equivalent?
I have 3 45Watt cfls and 100watt hps. 3 ladies looking lovely at 3Ft tall. Any ideas what i'll yield? Thanks guys!

Puffin Afatty said:
Go to the link in my signature below, the whole grow journal is there.:hubba:
Puffin,
I'm curious as H3LL to see this puppy. How's come I get no hyperlink?

Bohica

miketheman said:
I'm using cfl's is the 1g per watt the actual cfl wattage or the equivalent?
I have 3 45Watt cfls and 100watt hps. 3 ladies looking lovely at 3Ft tall. Any ideas what i'll yield? Thanks guys!
It's the actual wattage the bulb puts out that matters, so if you have a 46 watt 150w equivalent you should aim to get a little over an ounce per one of those bulbs.

In my first grow I got 680 dried grams + 2 plants that was "eaten before weighting"

I was running
50 seeds = 23 females
11 liter buckets, soil, perlite, leca
only GHE Total Grow and Bloom (none pk or other - pretty noob)
45 days of vegging under 1x400 hps agrolite gro n flo
10 days of blooming under 1x400 hps agrolite gro n flo
62 days of blooming under 2x400 hps SON-T

Thats somewhere nearby 600 watts overall. And got the 680 g dried + 18 g of bubble ice on the trim.

Dunno if its cheating in the g/w calculation when using more power in the flower time.

day_60_-_23_ladies.jpg

Cheers

Smeden, beautiful grow. Hats off to ya. But ya man, it's g/w cheating. I would say you grew that under 800w imho. I also do the same as you. I veg under less light at first, then as they get bigger, up the watts.

The best I can say I have done is 1.03/w. That was under 4000w. I do believe that smaller grows can hit the 1 g/w eaiser then bigger grows, as it is easier to manipulate the grow (fimmin', bending, ensuring no bugs/mold).

DWC is probably the easiest way to acheive that in a smaller grow also.

And Puffin, great job.

:farm: I've already predicted I can do better than 1.25gpw with my SnowWhite and even though the now Imfamous Nute Disaster of April Fools Day is well behind Her, I'm going for it again this regeneration. Also, I think if days in flower is factored in, SnowWhite loses Her edge significantly :hubba:

I commented on a similar thread about the possibility of 1g per w, I said it cant be made, I was proven wrong by many people, do not think it is un attainable, it is!

90 oz wet is less than 3 kilos...18 dry is only half a kilo...
by GH nutes do you mean generalhydroponics ???

i know this is an old thread,BUT,i am new here and i just looked at the entire thread puffin and it awed me.i wish to hell you was my neighbor.i would worry you to death,getting you to teach me all you know.it amazes me to no end.you are the marijuana king,no doubt.i wish i could grow 1 plant and not screwit up.you grow 1 plant and keep on a growing it.that simply stunned me.great grow my friend.be well and keep at it.

correction..:

1g per watt DRY WEIGHT is the holy grail..

heck, wet weight, anybody can do that.

andy52 said:
i know this is an old thread,BUT,i am new here and i just looked at the entire thread puffin and it awed me.i wish to hell you was my neighbor.i would worry you to death,getting you to teach me all you know.it amazes me to no end.you are the marijuana king,no doubt.i wish i could grow 1 plant and not screwit up.you grow 1 plant and keep on a growing it.that simply stunned me.great grow my friend.be well and keep at it.

Thanks Andy ;) I screw stuff up all the time, ie. the Imfamous April 1st Nute Disaster and just the other day whilst I was trimming my SnowWhite for the flip to 12/12 [4 weeks late so far] I cut a viable branch by mistake :eek: I just stuck the knobby branch under the hygroton try to see if it would root on it's own :farm:

I do pretty well despite my lack of horticultural skills :rofl: and I started this thread to examine the notion that 1 gram per watt, considered the holy grail of artificial light growers, is actually within the reach of everyone and quite easily.

My method are not secrets, I suggest LST, or as I call it tiein-Her-down, to increase yield exponentually :hubba: Also, I think DWC is the way to go as far as feeding and always keep the tds below an ec of 1.7 with a ph of 5.5-5.8. :watchplant:

Yes GH means general hydroponics, I've been using their nutes sine the early 1980's and havent felt the need to change in almost 30 yrs :)

Also, I am talking about dry weight of 1.25 grams per watts of light used. I got 20++ ounces from my 1 SnowWhite plant, using a 400w phillips HPS :cool:

so let me get this right,... 1 gram per watt, per plant grown in optimal conditions......DRY..... with my 6 gnarly girls i'll never run out of pot if i flower with my 1000w hortilux........heck...even at 1/2 gram per watt...how realistic is this ?????

Latest posts

Back