Hey need a lil help. greatly appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe19406

the weed man
Reaction score
i started growing and i got the stems coming out the seed. it barely covers over the dirt. and ihave a few questions.

1. will ANY kind of light do? i got a desk lamp that bends over and shines on the soon to be plant. its like 3 inches away
2. how often should i water it.

DISCLAIMER: I'm still a NOOB. I'll try to help as much as I can, but if I get something wrong I know someone will correct me. So take what I saw for a grain of salt. :D

1) I don't think just ANY type of light will do. If you have a regular household bulb and try to use that...it will most likely burn your little seedling.
If you want to use that lamp, use a CFL (Compact Flouresent Light). There are some FANTASTIC resources in the "LIGHT" section of this forum. You'll learn what types of lights are best for the Veg stage and the Flowering stage, the different types of lighting you can use, and (IMO) most importantly you'll learn the different terms like LUMENS, Wattages, and the color spectrum (Kelvin ratings, IE: what 2700k and 6500k means)

2) At this stage, you want to water your plant when the soil has completely dried out.

-Hope that helped

wait. i been growing it so far with my regular household light and it seems to be growing. will it grow right with a regular fleorescent light?

wait. i been growing it so far with my regular household light and it seems to be growing. will it grow right with a regular fleorescent light?
Hey joe, sounds like you need to familiarise yourself with the basics first. We have a whole section dedicated to lights ... get stuck in.

You want to use a separate cup for each seed. It is a bad idea to have multiple plants in a single container.

how long does it take a plant to start to bud?
ps. i will go read the light section.

household light wont work. I germinate seeds in total darkness, then put under lights after they pop. Your light is most likely doing nothing. i cant say when to flower, im sure the times change with strain. I think i read somewhere you can just use 12/12 light from start to finish. I dunno, look it up i may be wrong.

You can put your plants into 12/12 anytime you want. They will not flower, however, until they are sexually mature, usually 4-6 weeks, if from seed. Clones are already sexually mature, so will start flowering from the time they are put into 12/12 if well rooted. The smaller the plant is when it is put into 12/12, the less bud you will harvest.

DO SOME READING MY FRIEND.OOPS CAPS AGAIN.there is too much info. that you need to know for anybody to explain to you in this thread.so start clickin the mouse and come back in several hrs. and then ask if you do not find what you need to know.its there for the reading.good luck

ive been reading. theres just so much to read you cant read it all.
and when people tell you about stuff the cut out all the bull **** so you get straight to the point. i'm not going to make the best tree ever i'm just trying grow a lil bit so i can smoke get a couple dollars and have a good time. so i dont need to know everything about the seed just a few of the basics

joe19406 said:
ive been reading. theres just so much to read you cant read it all.
and when people tell you about stuff the cut out all the bull **** so you get straight to the point. i'm not going to make the best tree ever i'm just trying grow a lil bit so i can smoke get a couple dollars and have a good time. so i dont need to know everything about the seed just a few of the basics

You will need the basic knowledge of what a plant requires to grow. Noone here can "grow it for you"...
The "Resource" page in the toolbar above will get you started. (The Site Rules might also be suggested reading ;))
We like to help those that are willing to help themselves.

i hear that. but you basically said what i said in different words

You can put your plants into 12/12 anytime you want. They will not flower, however, until they are sexually mature, usually 4-6 weeks, if from seed.

I have to disagree on that Hemp Goddess. After about half a dozen successful12/12 grows I can tell you that they start flowering regardless of sexual maturity. It has never taken any longer than 21 days from seed, for me. And that's been tested with about 20 different strains, sativas included.

Runbyhemp said:
I have to disagree on that Hemp Goddess. After about half a dozen successful12/12 grows I can tell you that they start flowering regardless of sexual maturity. It has never taken any longer than 21 days from seed, for me. And that's been tested with about 20 different strains, sativas included.

LOL, okay three weeks...and I think that you have done this enough that you pretty much have optimum growing conditions, something that new growers probably won't have. The point was that if you have an 8 weeks flowering plant, it is going to take longer than 8 weeks. They don't start flowering immediately like clones do.

well let me know if you think this will grow...
i have dirt in a cup and i put my seed there after i germinated it. now all i can do is water then and put them outside in the sun.
you think i can make this work?

everyone's right. i made same call when i first started and threw some seeds in peat pellets for germ. and then went online an reserched and read on it. i lerned hard way well nothin catastrophic happened but it was kinda alot of indecisiveness and unsure thinking and worryin and relyin on timely responses from the fellow MP members. it is much more easier to read read and keep reading and dont ever stop reading thinkin u got it all down cuz there is always somethin new to learn from growing MJ. at least i came to conclude that. every day is somethin neew to us newbies. i'm a newb as well this year but acquired an abundance of knowledge from just this site alone.
happy reading my friend and best of luck to you on ya grow.
if ya like my link to my grow in my signature to my grow for ya veiwing

i finally got a cfl and i put it in my closet and put my plants there

i got 6 plants 5 are in soil. one is in sand i brought home from the beach.
all seem to be growing well now. except the one plant i had died so i took it out and placed another germinated seed in.

Latest posts

Back