Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MARY-JANE said:
hemp goddess your scrog is looking real good. so can you only do this for hydro or can you also do this in soil?

Although I have never been a soil grower, I am pretty sure that scrog would work just as well with a soil grow. You just want to start with clones so you know you have girls. This has bee a fun grow.

Hydro is a generic type term to describe a growing method. There are numerous ways to grow hydro--aeroponics, DWC, ebb and flow, drip, etc, etc...

Do some searches online to learn the differences between the different methods. There are DIY plans out there somewhere for most setups. You need to decide which growing method would be best for your circumstances.

I just harvested--I got about 5 ozs. I think that I could improve on this if I did another scrog. I learned a lot. It is in jars now curing. There were a fair amount of popcorn buds that I just threw in with the "hash makings".

The taste is hard to describe, but definitely good.

JBonez said:
Thats gonna be a 5 ounce plant easy.

I knew it! I've got the weed eye!

now that i have that outa the way, im gonna guess on my harvest weight, 28 ounces.

THG, remember i said that cuz my harvest is about a month away.

i missed this diy grow too. just caught up. very good job hg. a friend gave me some satori not long ago, and it's some pretty descent smoke. i built a tub similar to yours for a future grow. thanks for the pvc stand/screen idea. if you did it differently, would it be a bigger hole size screen? did you just zip strip the screen to the frame? thanks aain for the idea hg. sweet grow...bb...

banjobuzz said:
i missed this diy grow too. just caught up. very good job hg. a friend gave me some satori not long ago, and it's some pretty descent smoke. i built a tub similar to yours for a future grow. thanks for the pvc stand/screen idea. if you did it differently, would it be a bigger hole size screen? did you just zip strip the screen to the frame? thanks aain for the idea hg. sweet grow...bb...

Thanks. Yes, I think that a better thing to use than chicken wire would be that plastic fencing that they sell at home improvement stores. I live in a teeny tiny town and used what I had at hand. Yes, the screen is zip tied to the PVC. After a complete grow, I can say that other than changing the chicken wire out to that plastic fencing stuff, I am happy with the unit and would make no other changes.

so i gotta sk Hemp. did you notice any differene in your yeild from your previous grows? Are you going to do it again? and was there any major maintanaence issues?

city said:
so i gotta sk Hemp. did you notice any differene in your yeild from your previous grows? Are you going to do it again? and was there any major maintainence issues?

Hard to try and compare yields--I generally run a 1000W light in 20 sq ft.

I have to say that I was really quite happy with this grow. I think that I could improve on the yield. The beauty of this kind of set-up is that it can be done in a relatively small space with big results. The heat from the lights was really easy to control.

I generally change my reservoirs out every 7-10 days or so. I never moved this res (although I built the scrog so I could, the confines of the closet made it difficult). So I ended up just adding fresh nutes rather than doing a complete change out. That gave me some problems--I was getting some rising ppms and lower ph in the res. I got it stabilized, but it probably cost me some yield.

The Hemp Goddess said:
DWC--it is about the easiest cheapest hydro there is. It takes a reservoir, an air pump, some 1/8" tubing and a couple of air stones.

very good point THG... your ladies are looking very nice i might add 8 oz's for that setup is not bad at all just IMO... just to add that if anyone is weary about filling 6-10 gallon rez with that much nute solution you could just have a drip setup until the roots start to dangle down into the DWC setup... not a true DWC setup but ive had more luck with the drip system considering yeilds and all buuuut that is just my two cents... thats what i am doing right now and it seems to be working perfect though... im new to this though so it could just be beginners luck... very good looks on this thread as well as your DIY cool tubes thread that was great it was very helpful and informative for sure!!! Thanks!!! :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back