Tips for sore throats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollygreengiant

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I had some sort of bug for the past couple days and my throat is killing me. I have been smoking my usual amount throughout the sickness which is 5-6 dutch master cigarillos of bagseed hydro because normally I can get through these little colds without destroying my throat but apparently there was something wrong this time and now my throat is starting to get really uncomfortable so I thought I would seek out some tips from more seasoned smokers than myself. :D

Please share any tips or tricks you have found over the years that helps with sore throats.

try gargling with salt water, 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of warm water, and eat lots of popsicles. ;) should help out in a couple days. Im not a doctor but it helps me.

barring that, the vodka as well as infothe from the aforementioned posting(s) ;) Take care...p.s. stop smoking those horrible cigarillo bluntz (talk bout lung butter)...blech!!!

Eat your usual amount (see cooking section).. give your throat and lungs a break, while your body focuses on getting healthy again.

Also a good excuse to break out the chocolate.

My throat always gets sore this type of year...allergies.
I'd switch to a pipe or better yet a bong/vap and lay off the blunts.
gargle with the salt water and get some throat spray all should be ok...drink lots of water too. ;)

You could try cleaning out your sinuses with a neti pot, all kinds of nasty stuff live up there. Tea with honey is another good throat soother.

fresh apple cider with some honey and lemon,a shot of booze.i use good bourbon.warm it up and stir with a cinnamon stick.works for me

You could gargle mouthwash first thing when you get up and before you go to bed. Does about the same thing as the saltwater, helps clean the infected area so it heals faster-also cut down smoking some-don't like that part but thats what I do.
Get Well:)

Gb

GeezerBudd said:
You could gargle mouthwash first thing when you get up and before you go to bed. Does about the same thing as the saltwater, helps clean the infected area so it heals faster-also cut down smoking some-don't like that part but thats what I do.
Get Well:)

Gb

NICE SUGGESTION!!!!

You could brew some tea with honey and that should soothe your throat when it is warm. Eat a lot of frozen desserts. :hubba:

it's a lil' late now but, when i feel a cold a brewin', tickle in the throat, cigarettes start tasting different, noggin feels a lil' balloonish, if it's possible with my work schedule i get HAMMERED DRUNK. if it gets to a point too far along it dosent work for me but if i catch it in the beginning..........

anyro, try some papers instead o them blunts, and a smooth icy bong hit works too, followed by a large micky dees vanilla milkshake. sip two, clear one, repeat as needed.

Hot tea with honey and lemon. Vape your hits if possible instead of burning one down, or make a good batch of green brownies. Niacin pills, plenty of cranberry juice and orange juice work for me. That, and either a good stock of red wine or a hot toddy like Andy suggested will do the trick. There's a reason that "remedies" in the 19th century were 95% alcohol or better... it knocks you out and helps you sleep. Keep up your vitamin C, get plenty of sleep and avoid smoking anything. I know it sucks (being a semi-heavy tobacco smoker myself), but lay off the smoke and you'll get better faster.

Latest posts

Back