4u2sm0ke's "LST"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Hello fellow growers of the Hemp plant...heres what I have 4u today..i thaught I would share my way of doing LST. First I want to start by saying..that after side by side expareiments ...IMO...LST does not increase yield in any way..That this technique is to help maintain a low plant..and I like to use it to maintain canopy hieght..ok here goes..

We will be use one of my White Widow plants ( sex unknown ) in 3 gallon grow bags..Fox Farm Nutes, own soil mix..( Organic/perlite/lime )..and under 800watts MH.

I use wire they use to hold up susspended ceilings..i cut them to length.( I like to go 2 inches longer then the container..so i get a good deep hold.)..I first start with a straight one pushed all the way to the bottom and pulled up 3 inches..i cutt me some pipe cleaner to wrap stalk to hold in place..i will do this in the next week and will post everything i do from here on out..hope its female:hubba:..and Hope this helps..thanks

long time ago Indian did LST the Jupiter tree or cypress tree when it is very young just a little plant Indian use the wood plank and makes the main stem to go down, then up, and go on like 8 time.. then let it go.. it did grew big tree this year... now it look like big snake tree shape like 2 of M if you know what I mean? is that almost same method you gonna do?

been thinking about lst

Pulling up a chair

EEK those pesty metal wires?!?

As your plant get's older these shrink around it.

I use nylon string, and do this certain loop/slipknot thing to let the branch get bigger while still being held down.

DomsChron said:
EEK those pesty metal wires?!?

As your plant get's older these shrink around it.

I use nylon string, and do this certain loop/slipknot thing to let the branch get bigger while still being held down.

Hey Doms...dont know what you meen by shrinking around it..I have used these and have had no problems..I do have problems with string and other ties that cut into stalk..IMO..it causes infection that leads to diseaseand problems..this is a thread on how i do "LST"..Thanks 4 shareing with me tho..take care and be safe:)

You can add me to the group of watchers, 4u2sm0ke:watchplant:

can't wait to see this really kick, will be watching and learning intently :D

yep ill be watching this one and thorn's,,, if these 3 seed will ever pop im going to do the lst thingy too

Incorrect, lst DOES increase yield if done right.

Great grow buddy! Green mojo!

I'm going to have to agree with 4U on this one. LST doesn't increase the yield and if it does it won't be by much. Ime if you want a yield increase then veg longer. LSTing makes you an even canopy of buds roughly the same weight. Without LST you would grow a larger main cola that would be most of the plants weight. It kind of evens out.

JBonez said:
Lst doesnt increase yield?

NO ....IMO and my experience with this I found that it does not increase yield in any way. I supose vegging longer does increase yield but as for LST doing it by just doing it..no it does not..sorry..Thanks for asking and if you have the time and the room like i do then run your own tests and you will agree..KEEP M GREEN:D

DomsChron said:
Incorrect, lst DOES increase yield if done right.

Great grow buddy! Green mojo!

DISSAGREE....but thats your opinion my friend..:cool:

bombbudpuffa said:
I'm going to have to agree with 4U on this one. LST doesn't increase the yield and if it does it won't be by much. Ime if you want a yield increase then veg longer. LSTing makes you an even canopy of buds roughly the same weight. Without LST you would grow a larger main cola that would be most of the plants weight. It kind of evens out.

I completely support what you are saying bro. It's actually all in the genetics. One will normally have average within a few grams difference, more or even less. So you honestly won't notice a diffrence enough to tell. I just have this theory that LST helps light get to all the buds better. It seems that whenever I FIM my plants, I get tons of useless popcorn buds when I take testers. But whenever I LST I notice those buds amount to slightly more. What I mean is instead of a popcorn kernel sized bud, I get a marble sized bud in that same growth location.

Everything counts, to me! Especially when I like to smoke those buds as a tester! And I like to snip an eighth of tester! LOL!

Maybe I'm just delusional off this Autumn Fall! :p

Everything counts, to me!
Try pruning or trimming or lollipopping your plants if you don't want all those small buds at the bottom. If you wait about 2 weeks into flower you will see what will be your heavy producing branches and the ones that will be small/not get enough light. I remove them then and let the heavy branches get all of the plants energy. I haven't noticed any ill effects from doing this:). Sorry to jack your thread 4U:D.

Latest posts

Back