hydro organics vs soilless mix organic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exarmy

Reaction score
So im just thinking.

A friend of mine is trying to convence me to stay with soil, right. And ive been useing soils for like 3 years now, but I really wan to try something else. Thats not so dirty and more yeild and as good or better potency.

he says " yeah you can weight, but your potency isnt as good, and it has a bad taste."

Now saying that. I have never seen a grow of his, and the plants i have seen that he asked me to "fix" arent the greatest looking.

And I know I am anal retintive enough to get it right the first time. Plus I plan on sticking with my fox farm nutes. But does his argument hold water? Cuz i really dont think so.

Soil = more potent
Hydro = more yield

Think of it as like turning a Oak into a 20 year Pine. The 20 year Pine shoots up faster, get more production out of it. But isnt near as strong.
You cut each down. Your 20yr pine rings could be as much as 1/2 in apart. While the Oak rings are piled up with little gaps.
Same as the bud production quality. If it makes good sense to you. The forcing spreads out production value in the plant.
Sorry, its the best way I could put it. For better info, try the Sensi site and send them the question directly.
But you look down at Ole Miss, where the government does its potency related research it recently published. They only use soil. And they use it for a reason.

Potency and yield are going to be affected by the conditions you're growing in regardless of soil or soil-less. Factors such as light, space, nutes, strain of beans play more important roles than if the roots are in dirt or not. Soils-less will require much more carefull nute maintenance as you'll literally be providing EVERYTHING yer plants need to live, not a lot of error room for the lax grower. Soil grows are more forgiving but require a more carefull water watch, as the soil drying out or too much moisture (soggy soil) is a sure killer of your plants. You can boost yields in either medium with nutes and simple pruning to force multiple shoots. Potency usually depends on the strain yer growing, but factors such as light wattage and WHEN you harvest the buds can affect potency as well.
Good luck with which ever you decide to grow on with.:)

Hydro will do potency AND yield fastest.

Coco - Canna - Micros - Microbes - Enzyms.

Fastest food/hormones-to-plant delivery system is hydro.

Either coco, dwc, or aero seem to be the best hydro setups to date.

Latest posts

Back