Co2 benefits..worth it ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
legalize_freedom said:
So Byodynamic....how do you measure and regulate your c02? I'm intersted in hearing this as I have tried all these hmoemade methods, with little to NO improvements in yeild....I think one is much better concentrationg on better ventilation, bringing in fresh c02 enriched air, than messing with these c02 buckets, vinegar and bakeing soda, yeist and sugar methods...there is just no way to regulate it...trust me I tried them all. You would need many many 2 liter bottles to produce the amounts you would need for even a 4' x 4' area. I'm interested in hearing your proof.

Keep in mind I grow in chambers i make. Sometimes regular sometimes Aeroponics. I make chambers out of anything. I love working with soil, and BioDynamic Agriculture, ... and I find Aeroponics to be superior to other methods of growing as well. Leading to the point is that I never grow more than 4 plants at a time. Usually 2-3 plants will produce enough bud for a years supply. I, on average, yield 2-3 pounds of bud per plant. When I use some other special supplies and techniques I can yield much more. I don't use chemicals or synthetics.

Leading to the next point ...With 2-4 plants yielding the same as 40 plants of someone Else's grow, i can take away all that space, and use much smaller areas. I then have a much more complete control over my atmosphere.
I can turn anything into a grow chamber. (I am currently working on turning my old 52 inch big screen into a secret aeroponic grow chamber. (neat?). Since I only ever work with 4 or less, and i can control much more... Co2 works better for me.

Measuring Co2 is absolutely simple with my Tim8 (spelt properly). It measures temp & humidity as well. I wanted the gold colour version, but they were sold out at the time. I paid just over 200$ and that was with shipping. Lasts for years.

If by 'regulating' you mean shutting on and of, and maintaining specific levels of ppm, ...that's easy?
The drip system is easy to stop at any moment you desire. If levels get passed where you want them you just replace the cap to one without a hole or drip mechanism.

As for the pop bottle method, you'd just have to remove one by one or add until the levels drop/rise, although it never really seems to be a problem for me, as I never have to worry about overdosing. It's always nice steady levels ranging from 700 to 1400ppm (max I will go.). As long as it stays in these levels during the daylight photoperiod, than I normally don't play around with anything.

Space isn't to much of an issue when you can design any size chamber, 4x4 for example, ...and hook up as many as a dozen or 2 dozen homemade co2 dispensers to it (of course you don't have the much but some people do, especially those making alcohol as much as they are growing.) .

How? It's all about design; especially out-side-the-box designs.
When it comes to making your own home-made chambers (any size), you have even more control over your atmosphere & space, and it also allows you to do some* things without entering. (I avoid going into the area to keep checking up on specifics, during their day periods when Co2 is mostly being used) [open the door bye bye Co2]).
I check moisture levels every 3-4 days, soil fertility once 2wice a week (Lamotte Professional Test Kit) , once a week I check sugar levels using a Brix Meter. Every few days I check chlorophyll levels with my LEAF Chlorophyll meter. temperatures are always stable never have to worry, and since i use mostly LED's watering and feeding isn't as often so I again I don't have to enter or open so many times.

...trust me, it's not hard to create high co2 levels with any of these methods.

nouvellechef said:
CO2 generators are a waste? I am telling you right now, you can run your pucks and homemade goofball stuff vs generator. No contest, bro. Hence 750-1200ppm. Now i want to light those pucks up with monitor and see what the ppm can achieve.

It's not Hence 700-1200ppm.

Those are the levels I CHOOSE to have. I can make any level of co2 I want, ranging from 100ppm to 3000ppm. Using the homemade methods. It isn't hard. Why do you guys have such a hard time? Why is it so impossible that I have and do it? It's not science fiction. And It's not just pop bottles, I said you can also use 5 gallon jugs, or pails, ... I'm pretty sure I listed off a few sizes of containers.

I choose 700-1200ppm. When I use my special products like TRIA, RUBISCO, and pPeptase ...Then I up my levels of Co2. However, ever since I started getting pounds per plant, I haven't used those as much. So i keep levels 700ppm during seedling and early veg, and I up it as the plant grows. Normally I stay at 1200, Odd time 1400ppm ....but I never exceed that because I choose not to.

WHat does choosing my ppm level have to do with home-made Co2 methods not working? NOTHING

legalize_freedom said:
So Byodynamic....how do you measure and regulate your c02? I'm intersted in hearing this as I have tried all these hmoemade methods, with little to NO improvements in yeild....I think one is much better concentrationg on better ventilation, bringing in fresh c02 enriched air, than messing with these c02 buckets, vinegar and bakeing soda, yeist and sugar methods...there is just no way to regulate it...trust me I tried them all. You would need many many 2 liter bottles to produce the amounts you would need for even a 4' x 4' area. I'm interested in hearing your proof.

Remember I said 2L pop bottle or 5 gallon Jugs, or...

Oh no, here we go. 2-3 pounds per plant? Holy smokes. Pics please. Espically in a growing "chamber". This is gonna get good, stay tuned.

PS, did I just see mostly LED's? Oh no, this thread could be epic.

nouvellechef said:
Oh no, here we go. 2-3 pounds per plant? Holy smokes. Pics please. Espically in a growing "chamber". This is gonna get good, stay tuned.

PS, did I just see mostly LED's? Oh no, this thread could be epic.

Lol, ...I guess you missed the year 2009. The most revolutionary year in marijuana genetics history. I never said I yielded pounds due to Co2, enrichment or LED's

I said I use Monochromatic light for mostly for VEGGING for establishing a large vivacious rhizosphere. Not for flowering. And I use a mix of a few different types of lighting technologies for the different stages of growth. LED's develop amazing root zones. I've seen it in my past aeroponic set ups. But I also:

I have 6 300w cfl 2700K
I have 4 300w cfl 6500K

I have 4 LED lamps, 1 is high-power.

I have 2 250w white Light CFL's for fuller spectrums ... white is to help develop carotenoids.

How I use them in combinations is different for plant stages. I also use a couple 150watt incandescents each morning and night time to simulate sunrise and sunset better for flowering. (the Pr and Pfr phytochrome response) along with the 2700K cfl's, and my highpower LED red/orange 635nm, and my 660nm LED lamp

==========================================

I have 2 Feminized Euphoria Express beauties growing right now 6 feet to my left.

You have any idea what Euphoria Express Is? or these:

Euphoria?
Elephant Bud?
Elephant Outdoors
Jedi 41?
Jedi Death Star?
Indica 50?
Labyrinth Bud?
Pickle Bud ?
Oracle Bud ?
Storm Trooper Bud?
Vampire Bud?

Here, ... this is for marijuana lovers everywhere.

Visit this side site: I can't post/spam a bunch of links so I compiled a list on this one site. START AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST! THAT'S WHERE THE BEST ARE ...My Favourite is Euphoria. This is why I get 2+ pounds of dope, for all of you doubters. One strain even produces 10 pounds of dope outdoors.

www savelifestore.blogspot com (dont forget the dots)

Pics dude. You said about 2-3lb's per plant. I want to see. This could possibly change the face of growing.

PS, didn't miss best dank of 2009. My links below don't lie.

Bio Dynamic - i have been trying to get feedback on BC SEEDS for a while. Does that bud really yeild harvests as advertised and more importantly - 40%THC? - lets here the details please........

jmansweed said:
Bio Dynamic - i have been trying to get feedback on BC SEEDS for a while. Does that bud really yeild harvests as advertised and more importantly - 40%THC? - lets here the details please........

BCSEEDS ...Is amazing!!!

I ordered a 5pk feminized Upstate Seeds, ...and they gave me 6! + 24 free seeds of some of their best strains!

IT TOOK 6 DAYS FROM THE TIME I MAILED TO THE TIME I RECEIVED.

I grew 3 of the Upstates, and I yielded an average of 1040g per plant

This was without HID lighting, and without my specialized products like TRIA and Brassinolide.

Understand... You grow any of those strains I listed properly, you yield like you've never yielded before. I have never dealt with another Seed bank since I discovered BCseeds. I'm sure they use HID's to yield what they yield on the site, but like I said, I Don't use HID's and i average 2-3 pounds per plant.

My first time I got less, but it was my fault.

As for the THC % ...I haven't personally measured the cannabinoid content from any of my grows from BCSeeds yet, BUT I am definitely going to this grow.However, I can definitely say ...The highs are the best I've ever had. And EUPHORIA IS FUC**NG FANTASTIC!!! Never been high for so long in my life

I use the Cannalytics "Cannabis Fingerprint Kit" - it's a cannabinoid test kit almost anyone can do at home. It uses a process known as Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) to separate and identify cannabinoids on a special impregnated TLC-plate. Im not going to get in to specifics but for further information about Thin Layer Chromatography visit wikipedia or something.
10$ a test it will tell you which cannabinoids are present and the approximate % of CBC, CBG, THC, THCv, CBD, CBN, CBNv, and CBNd. The results is the % measured against the rest of organic substances belonging to buds like aminoacids, sugars, terpenoids, vegetal hormones etc. For ex. when people say "20% THC" this is a measurment of the percentage of THC against the rest of the cannabinoids not the percentage of THC in the bud.

However, the test only goes up to 25, ... .

nouvellechef said:
Pics dude. You said about 2-3lb's per plant. I want to see. This could possibly change the face of growing.

Nouvelle: These are my past grows ...And I'm sorry but I do not take pictures of any ILLEGAL GROW OPERATION, ..and upload them to my computer where they will forever be stored (Even if you delete them , police can recover any information that's ever been on your computer), ...and them post them on a public forum for absolutely anyone to see/ access.

If you do that where I come from ...You are asking for trouble. That, and I also don't own a digital camera.

However, I'm not the only person who yields these amounts !!!??? I have come across several people online who also yield pounds AND SOME OF THEM DID TAKE PICTURES.

But law enforcement is changing around here, I live in the biggest dope growing community in southern ontario, and using HID's are dangerous. Police here love their new infra-red technology, and they make a lot of busts by watching electricity bills, and using infra red sensors in helicopters and going over the whole community.

Laws are getting very very strict around here, and to take pictures and put them on my computer is just something stupid, and risky.

However, ...I have 12 day old beauties growing, ...maybe I should take pictures THIS ONE TIME before and after harvest. It would be nice o shut ppl up for once lol.

Although I don't blame you guys for doubting me, ...but yielding pounds of dope is a simple thing these days. Marijuana horticulture has changed forever 2009, not just in genetics

And it did change the face of growing, Next 3-4 years are going to be the most interesting for the whole marijuana growing industry. There will be some new lighting technology coming out soon too. and LED's as well will be even stronger

Nouvelle go to Bcseeds.com and Look up the strain UPSTATE and EUPHORIA UNLIMITED ...Read the description, it explains a few things for you

Upstate came out in 2008 and was the first of 'the next generation'. Nobody thought it was going to be beat for at least another 10 years. All of a sudden 2009 came out. They discovered a bunch of new Cannibinoids never seen before, rare phenotypes, and genetics .......which created plants with 50% THC, 8-10 hour BUZZES, and plants that yield 2-3-4-10 pounds of bud > Look up Elephant Outdoors

Elephant and Euphoria are the 2 strains that changed everything.

Extremely high yield is somewhat easy to achieve, ...Even before these genetics came out, people were still getting pounds per plant. Manipulation. Doesn't mean Potent. Potency is the hardest, and least unknown factor of marijuana botany. (Resins, and such). Potency still has an ambiguous definition when it comes to the biology of the plant. (to us it means ...strength, but to describe potency as a biochemical assay, or biological process, is quite not there yet).

BioDynamic said:
That's what CO2 meters are for, to measure the ppm in the atmosphere. Anything that produces Co2 works. It's the knowledge & techniques of the user that lead to faulty outcomes.

Like I said Co2 is tricky, and harder to manage. These methods help me constantly stay at a ppm range of 700-1250ppm (I control the ppm of course). I don't just say they work. I can digitally check my ppm levels at anytime, and these methods have worked perfectly for me.
If it works perfectly fine for me, and not for you... then you obviously have done something wrong.

Saying these don't work is a lack of experimentation and trial and error. If they work for me, and I can measure the carbon dioxide levels directly, and accurately, ...and have seen the proof in and out for years, ... than it can work for anyone. Especially novices, and people not looking to spend a lot of money.

They work. You just have to do it right.

You gave us a textbook breakdown about co2,

but i got a question.

How is that relative to marijuana when the factors supporting the exceeded use of co2 are whats really important, ie: environment.

Temps must be raised, This increases transpiration, and with a bigger need to transpire comes the need to process minerals and move nutrients and water through the plants system.

This creates a humidity problem. This is directly counterproductive to raising temps in the first place. If the plants arent capable of transpiring into the saturated air, then co2 will be useless as the plant wont make use of it in the first place.

You need to run 1200ppm or higher to see a physical difference in size/structure. Keeping this ppm level is paramount, and unless you are running a pretty dialed sealed grow, then you would just be wasting time.

Im not even going to touch the home made co2 generators, they dont emit enough to be regulated to the saturated requirements needed to directly observe any gains. I know a few guys who had their time with co2, part of the reason i dont use it.

Imagine if you will, enhancing your cultivation skills to accomplish bigger yields would be a great goal.

Lol - Speak of the Devil

The Nature of Things: The Downside of High. Modern Pot Vs. 1960's

(I'm watching it right now everyone should check it out Feb 4th)

Premiering: Thursday January 28, 2010 at 8 pm on CBC-TV
Repeating: Thursday February 4, 2010 at 10 pm ET/PT on CBC News Network

Teenagers who start smoking marijuana before the age of sixteen are four times more likely to become schizophrenic. That's the startling conclusion of some of the world's top schizophrenia experts, whose research is featured in the new documentary The Downside of High.

The scientists' groundbreaking work on the connection between marijuana and mental illness also reveals that, for all young adults, smoking marijuana nearly doubles the risk of developing recurring psychosis, paranoia and hallucinations - the hallmarks of schizophrenia.
Ben Nixon
Ben was first introduced to marijuana while at a high school in BC. His increasingly psychotic behaviour led to a year-long hospitalization.

The Downside of High, directed and written by Bruce Mohun, tells the stories of three young people from British Columbia who believe - along with their doctors - that their mental illness was triggered by marijuana use. All three spent months in hospital psychiatric wards, and still wage a battle with their illness. Today's super-potent pot may be a big part of the problem. Modern growing techniques have dramatically increased the amount of THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana - ramping up the threat to the developing teenage brain.

But there's an intriguing twist to the story: in the process of cultivating more potent strains of pot, growers have also been breeding out a little-known ingredient called cannabidiol that seems to buffer the effects of THC. So today's high-octane pot actually contains a double-whammy - more psychosis-producing THC, and less of the protective CBD or cannabidiol.
Tyler Rideout
Tyler was 14 years old when he first started experiencing psychotic episodes.

For many people, smoking marijuana is not a big deal - it is, after all, the most widely-used illegal drug in the world. The Downside of High provides a scientific perspective on some of the little-known and little discussed risks of marijuana, particularly for teenagers.

The Downside of High is directed and written by Bruce Mohun, story-produced by Maureen Palmer, and produced by Sue Ridout for Dreamfilm Productions of Vancouver.

nouvellechef said:

:yeahthat:

JBonez said:
You gave us a textbook breakdown about co2,

but i got a question.

How is that relative to marijuana when the factors supporting the exceeded use of co2 are whats really important, ie: environment.

Temps must be raised, This increases transpiration, and with a bigger need to transpire comes the need to process minerals and move nutrients and water through the plants system.

This creates a humidity problem. This is directly counterproductive to raising temps in the first place. If the plants arent capable of transpiring into the saturated air, then co2 will be useless as the plant wont make use of it in the first place.

You need to run 1200ppm or higher to see a physical difference in size/structure. Keeping this ppm level is paramount, and unless you are running a pretty dialed sealed grow, then you would just be wasting time.

Im not even going to touch the home made co2 generators, they dont emit enough to be regulated to the saturated requirements needed to directly observe any gains. I know a few guys who had their time with co2, part of the reason i dont use it.

Imagine if you will, enhancing your cultivation skills to accomplish bigger yields would be a great goal.

Okie dokie. If you say so. But I'm aware of the relationships of Co2 temperature and Humidity, that's why I have all 3 in on special 200$ meter. But I could very well be doing something wrong. However, it wouldn't be in the ground, or in my aerospace.

And Upstate yields 1400g or so per plant under 1000 watt HPS and HID setups by major professionals.

I don't use any HID systems, I use mainly LED's, except for flowering I use CFL's as my main source and LED's as a supplement.... You think that's enough to yield me over 2 pounds bud??? I think not. I cross my Biodynamic agriculture (advanced/enhanced organic) techniques with my aeroponics techniques, ...and my infatuation with water-structuring science.

If I'm yielding pounds with LED's & CFL's and no HID's (company uses 1000w HPS), and without doing anything right with the co2... You really think I'm doing all that much wrong?

The reason why I don't go beyond 1400ppm was because one time I had it at just over 2000ppm and my plants died. I know it wasn't the soil, pH or shock, or light, or over/under watering..
I test everything ...I use a TDS/EC Meter, ORP meter, Moisture Meter, soil & water Ph testers, Professional Lamotte soil test kit with a couple Ion Meters NPK and NA, multi-sensor Quantum light meter, LEAF chlorophyll meter, Co2, temp, humidity, and Brix meters. So I figured 2000 was too high, and going from 700-1400, throughout the stages of it's life would be a normal level experience for a plant.

Guess I'll have to try something sometime.

ok now im just bedazzled.

You are telling me that you are pushing out the required light intensity of a hid to make use of the extra co2 with flouros and led's?

You see, the extra co2 you are using can only be beneficial if you are able to political name the 5000 lumens per square foot or so output.

Hids can accomplish this, and flouros if the plant was actually scrogged so all of the plant could be exposed and the flouros kept close.

You might think of switching to hid's to make use of that co2, the added intensity would benefit you greatly.

LOL...you thought up the idea of mixing vinegar and bakeing soda huh??? Thats funny because I have never met you and I have heard about it. Tried it and through it in the trash, when it didn't work..."your idea" must have really traveled...did you get a patent on that?....lololol

I'm interested in seeing your proof on all that you are claiming ...you got pics? Cause it's going to take alot to convince most of this that have been doing this stuff for a couple of minutes.

BioDynamic, You only grow 4 plants at a time in a small chamber and you get 2-3 lbs per plant. Hmm, ok...

A good yielding plant will give lets say 500 gm per sq meter. So lets say with your super seeds and technique you can even triple that at 1500g per sq meter. Thats a bit over 3 lbs per sq meter. To average it out lets say you get 2.5 lbs per plant, 4 plants, thats 10 lbs.
So you need 3.33 sq meters area with all that said in order to obtain the 10 lbs. Thats 35 sq ft of area. Hardly a small self contained chamber.
Now your talking a large area to have to regulate co2 in not too mention you would need 315,000 lumens of light for that area to take advantage of the extra co2 your supposedly creating. I'm betting your cfl's and led's are far short of even half of that.

I do believe that to come in here and make such claims while offering no proof of said claims is just inviting doubt in you.

My advice to you would be to start a grow and fully document it with pics and additional info. Then we cannot dispute your claims.

BC seeds is claiming what he says he's producing. So, idk. I must of missed BC seeds somehow. They have strains that are supposed to produce bud with 40% thc and 1200g per sq m. $400 for 10 pack. If this is true someone needs a journal on it. Lol, 1 grow would last me 10years of smoke, talk about curing process.

warfish said:
BioDynamic, You only grow 4 plants at a time in a small chamber and you get 2-3 lbs per plant. Hmm, ok...

A good yielding plant will give lets say 500 gm per sq meter. So lets say with your super seeds and technique you can even triple that at 1500g per sq meter. Thats a bit over 3 lbs per sq meter. To average it out lets say you get 2.5 lbs per plant, 4 plants, thats 10 lbs.
So you need 3.33 sq meters area with all that said in order to obtain the 10 lbs. Thats 35 sq ft of area. Hardly a small self contained chamber.
Now your talking a large area to have to regulate co2 in not too mention you would need 315,000 lumens of light for that area to take advantage of the extra co2 your supposedly creating. I'm betting your cfl's and led's are far short of even half of that.

I do believe that to come in here and make such claims while offering no proof of said claims is just inviting doubt in you.

My advice to you would be to start a grow and fully document it with pics and additional info. Then we cannot dispute your claims.

Warfish... Like I said I don't blame people for doubting me. I didn't come here to show off, I didn't come here to brag, or say I am better than anyone. I thought I was here to share how I got it, but everyone seems to be stuck in some sort of bigot robot mode. You ever seen a 13 pound carrot? Or a 90+ pound Pumpkin? ..you ever hold a lettuce head 2wice as big as your own?

Lights - 6 3oow CFL 2700K ...1800watts total

4 LED lamps ...One 400w = 1000w HPS 1400$ Highpower Illuminator Pro LED
One 135w 185 $ Cree LED Dual band
One 35w 80$ tri-band
One 35w 80$ 660nm

4 300w CFL 6000K .... 1200Watts
2 250w 3000K ...500watts

Trust me ...I have more than enough light.

ANd when you grow with Both BioDynamic techniques, and Aeroponics .... You too would be surprised by your own work.

And I never said I keep my plants in a chamber their whole life. Sometimes they go from aeroponic, to my personal soil, ...to outside. Sometimes reverse, or a different order.

And documenting an illegal grow op is very dangerous in this area. Laws and enforcement are different everywhere. And it is a big factor in the way people grow and do things. It's just like another factor of Growing. Why i don't use HID's, ...Why I don't take pics of an Illegal grow op to forever upload them to my computer then to a public forum for anyone to trace. However, .... I have 2 beauties growing right now. now 13 days old from planted germination...each has 10 leaves.
Maybe ... I will takes pictures at the end of this grow ...However, I i'm not using aeroponics or any chamber unless I finish my big screen tv secret grow box (lol)

I'll see what I can do

BioDynamic said:
You ever seen a 13 pound carrot? Or a 90+ pound Pumpkin? ..you ever hold a lettuce head 2wice as big as your own?
Sure i've seen those. What i haven't seen is a 2 lb indoor pot plant and i still don't..
The difference is when these people did what seems like the impossible they actually took pictures and documented it. They didn't just say it happened and expected people to believe the 'extremely implausible'.

I know you say you're not going to take pics of an illegal grow op but until you can provide some kind of documentation as to what you claim, then no one is going to buy into it because we all know the likelihood of it being complete rubish. I would be more than happy to give you credit for such an unbelievable accomplishment but without seeing it it will have to remain 'unbelievable'. :)

monkeybusiness said:
Sure i've seen those. What i haven't seen is a 2 lb indoor pot plant and i still don't..
The difference is when these people did what seems like the impossible they actually took pictures and documented it. They didn't just say it happened and expected people to believe the 'extremely implausible'.

I know you say you're not going to take pics of an illegal grow op but until you can provide some kind of documentation as to what you claim, then no one is going to buy into it because we all know the likelihood of it being complete rubish. I would be more than happy to give you credit for such an unbelievable accomplishment but without seeing it it will have to remain 'unbelievable'. :)

You seen those? Good, because the same thing can happen with buds :)

It's fine though. I guess it is unrealistic for me to believe someone would want to try and do what I did to see if they get the same results themselves. Except of course done in their HID's for better results.
If endangering myself by taking pictures to prove is what it takes then I guess that's all there is to it. No point in dragging on the conversation if all it leads to is a bunch of people in doubt and disbelief.

I won't speak of it anymore. Sooner or later it'll speak for itself from somewhere out there

Latest posts

Back