10 days old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POPz

Reaction score
Hi All.....

Doin DWC with 5 plants...They are 10 days old and are showin yellow tips and droopin I also found 1 aphid dont know how I got it..
I feel I made 1 mistake already by nutein my water in the first 2 weeks...
So now I dont know if this is nute burn or light burn or from an aphid.. I used rapid rooter plugs for my seedlings..I've posted sum pics,,,hope they can help u help me...I use 4 26 watt cfl's...2-6500 kelvin and 2-5000 kelvin...i had them about 2 inches above plants moved it up an inch ....ph is at 6.0...

Peace N Pot...

POPz...

PT4.JPG

PT1.JPG

PT2.JPG

PT3.JPG

i dont see a fan sir.. is there air blowing across the plant all times??
as well you PH could be dropped to 5.8...
they look a lil burt from le nutes yes butthe cfl's could be heat stressing them as well.. IMO you should have a fan on them 24/7
LH

I have a ceiling fan on at all times... will CFL's burn seedlings?...dont feel much heat from them....do I need a fan for seedlings?...I thought when they get a lil older i can start using oscillatin fan..... thx for response

Yes you need a fan for seedlings.

You also need to drop the pH to 5.8 after you put a weak solution of nutes in your rez.

If I have a plant in my DWC I also have nutes

Fan is a must even with cfl's. Even thougt it may not be hot but they need GOOD air circluation! and it helps to thicken there stalks. Well be happy if you thicken their stalks now for when they get older :) If your gowing to run nutes now use them weak. For about anoher week so they can get going back to full strangth and run what you need when they get back on there feet :p

Latest posts

Back