Cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slarys

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have 2 whitewidows grew up from feminized seeds which you can find in the below pics.

I wonder if they are good enough to be cloned. I can still see new branches coming out from existing branchs so i am in doubt now.

Should I wait 1 or 2 more weeks or they are good to be cloned now?

I hope the pics are enough for you to get idea.

photo (11).JPG

photo (12).JPG

photo (13).JPG

photo (14).JPG

i find they are ready to clone after 4-5 nodes on the branch including the top.

i dont see any pictures here....

How many nodes and how old are they? Those pics will help once you actually get them posted.

sorry here are the pics now.. i mean added them above

Hamster Lewis said:
How many nodes and how old are they? Those pics will help once you actually get them posted.

I see now 10 nodes from bottom to top.. I see there are still incoming. They are like 6 weeks old if im correct.

I wld wait but you cld get a cut or two off them now I think. Those look quite small for 6 weeks. jmo

i like smaller sized clones, to me that looks good to go for cloning on a few branches

im not taking about nodes on the main stem but on the branches you plan on cloning. ;)

The sooner you take the clones the more time they will have to vedge before going into 12/12 -- depends on strain, pheno and if you have only one flower tent like me :) I'm thinking it is a matter of timing more than anything. JMO

Green Mojo

HF

7greeneyes said:
if there more then two nodes u can clone it.
More than 2 nodes on what? The main stem or does there need to be more than 2 nodes on a branch that you're going to cut off for a clone?

-nasty

Im new to all of this, so maybe you guys can give me your thoughts.

I took some cuttings yesterday, but there are no 3 node stems coming out of the main stems yet. So I cut some of the smaller main stems, and placed them into the rockwool.

Is it ok to take the main, and use it as a clone?

ArtyCannabis said:
Im new to all of this, so maybe you guys can give me your thoughts.

I took some cuttings yesterday, but there are no 3 node stems coming out of the main stems yet. So I cut some of the smaller main stems, and placed them into the rockwool.

Is it ok to take the main, and use it as a clone?

Are you talking about topping and cloning that? I don't understand "no 3 node stems"?

Do you have any pictures?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Are you talking about topping and cloning that? I don't understand "no 3 node stems"?

Do you have any pictures?

Branches growing directly from the plant.

7. Please post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as 3 pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them. Also we discovered that quite a number pictures hosted on other sites gets deleted after some time making the threads worthless on our forums.

arty1.jpg

arty2.jpg

your cuts look fine and most would likely agree that you are safe taking clones once the plant is sexually mature :icon_smile:

Nice pics. i think you cn apply topping and cloning on it.

I vegged mine out to 6-10 nodes on the main stem, sexed, then cut clones above the first node on the lowest branches, about 2 weeks before flip

When pollenating for seeds, I also used the first couple nodes on the lowest sets of branches, after about 2 weeks of flowering photoperiod

If I did pinch out the main shoot half way through veg, I dried and smoked it for preliminary indications of potency, even in males

I wanted 3-4 nodes ON the clone, cuz as soon as it roots they all start jammin . . . those look ready man do it

jm2c:48:

Latest posts

Back