East Coast/West Coast, Outdoor Satori grow off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sure is purty Rose! And thanks for the Mojo THG.

:ciao: STON-LOC! I got my beans AND a sweet g13 labs T Shirt! Time to sow these girls...6x Mandala Satori, 1x G13 Labs White Widow & 1x Dinafem Critical Jack.

Going to try my hand at breeding this year. A back cross with a Satori, and hopefully a Hybrid too!

Job is done. Just waiting for them to pop their heads now!

Beautiful looking plant, Rose. She looks huge!
Off to a great start fellas, you picked a good strain :icon_smile:
Subbed for the ride. Green mojo to you both! :farm:

Thanks guys! :D Grab a comfy seat and enjoy the ride.....:cool: I sure will!!!!!:icon_smile:

right on drift.....r u using NC's mix?

30gal pots....3 plants?

when r u planning on putting these outside?

:ciao: Hi Kush
Its NVs mix, yes. Only thing im ditching is the rice hulls. Everything else i get locally.
Not sure if im going 30 gallon, three girls, 20 gallon and two girls or 10 gallon, one plant per pot. Im almost leaning towards 10 or 12 gallon pots with 1 girl per pot and 35% hot mix, but I wont really know til sex shows. I might be able to squeeze some more hot mix in the pots depending on the number of females i have. I have ~40 gallons of hot mix to work with and ~80 gallons of base mix.
When they pop their heads, they will get 24/7 lighting via T5's for 4 or 5 weeks, then they will go outdoors second week of may to a hoop house til they harden off, then transplanted to their perminant flowering container. Veg should be 4 or 5 months long before flowering.

drfting07 said:
:ciao: Hi Kush
Its NVs mix, yes. Only thing im ditching is the rice hulls. Everything else i get locally.
Not sure if im going 30 gallon, three girls, 20 gallon and two girls or 10 gallon, one plant per pot. Im almost leaning towards 10 or 12 gallon pots with 1 girl per pot and 35% hot mix, but I wont really know til sex shows. I might be able to squeeze some more hot mix in the pots depending on the number of females i have. I have ~40 gallons of hot mix to work with and ~80 gallons of base mix.
When they pop their heads, they will get 24/7 lighting via T5's for 4 or 5 weeks, then they will go outdoors second week of may to a hoop house til they harden off, then transplanted to their perminant flowering container. Veg should be 4 or 5 months long before flowering.

Hey dude!!!!

the more hot in the pot the better, specially for outside.........

NC put a pre vegged AK47 that was 3'tx3'w in a 5'x5' hole with 32 gallons of hot mix in the bottom..........for 1 plant....and put it outside 6/1...!!!!!

....just a thought! more the better!

if they arent to big...then 15-20 gal's of hot per plant is good!!

gonna be off the hook too..btw! should be awesome, im in for the ride too!

ya know man, id look into getting those hulls.........any brew store will have them!!!

Kush, its going to be more like 4 or 5 gallons of hot medium per plant. If I need to ill feed with an organic fertilizer tea or top-dress with more hot once going into flower. The satoris are a lighter feeder also, from what i gathered.

The hot mix is more of a piggy back to get me thru a hearty veg cycle. Its my first time with Super Soils and with a soil-less mix. I dont want to get too carried away. After this season ill adjust for my next batch. I am NOT going to fry these, and believe me when i say, these will be big beautiful girls at the end of flower.

So still only 5 out of 10 above dirt. Carefully dug around to see what the looks of the 5 were doing, and I was mistaken. 2 seeds haven't even cracked. The other 3 have the tap root coming out but nothing seems to be happening. I decided to drop 2 more Satori seeds in dirt yesterday just to better my odds that I actually get some girls. Pics of seedlings aren't too exciting, but here's the current looks :D

3.JPG

Very exciting stuff Ston-loc! Green Mojo for your seedlings. Hope those beans show their heads for you soon. Mine have been in their pots for 36 hours now.

Random question for those looking here. Generally speaking, with you who've done it before. First time from seeds and would rather ask now, then screw up and wished I'd asked. Watering seedlings. How often does it usually seem to need to water in solo cups? Like once a day? Less? Temps under the lights is anywhere from high 60's to low 80's. Most of the time mid 70's though. RH between 30-40%. Once they're above ground do I go with the "water, wait til its almost dry again, then water?"
Just keeping not sprouted seeds moist, seems like I'm PH'ing water and watering at the same time too often. Rambling, sorry, got home from a long day and burned one down.... :48: General question i guess is anyone who's grown from seed in solo cups have a general time frame of how often to water? Haha. I'll stop now. Brain is racing wanting to keep going.... hahahaha

Mark me down as present. good luck to y'all... green mojo

:48:

ston-loc said:
Random question for those looking here. Generally speaking, with you who've done it before. First time from seeds and would rather ask now, then screw up and wished I'd asked. Watering seedlings. How often does it usually seem to need to water in solo cups? Like once a day? Less? Temps under the lights is anywhere from high 60's to low 80's. Most of the time mid 70's though. RH between 30-40%. Once they're above ground do I go with the "water, wait til its almost dry again, then water?"
Just keeping not sprouted seeds moist, seems like I'm PH'ing water and watering at the same time too often. Rambling, sorry, got home from a long day and burned one down.... :48: General question i guess is anyone who's grown from seed in solo cups have a general time frame of how often to water? Haha. I'll stop now. Brain is racing wanting to keep going.... hahahaha

When dry....best I can say. I check mine several times a day and add water as I see the soil dry on top. Solo cups are a tricky one since they're so small...make sure to have a drain hole or twenty!

I water when its almost dry. You dont want the soil to dry completely like you would for an adult plant. This can cause your new tap root to dry out and die. Rather, keep the soil about as dry as a rung out sponge and water when its becomes a little drier than that. I use 1 gallon nursery containers from the start though, and i havent had to water them since i have sown the seeds.

On another more exciting note, almost all of my Satoris have either shown their head from the soil surface, or are pushing thu. The White Widow is also pushing thru. Only one im not sure about is the Critical Jack. I think the seed was trash when i got it. I dont expect to see it. Oh well it was a freebie.

ston-loc said:
Random question for those looking here. Generally speaking, with you who've done it before. First time from seeds and would . :48: General question i guess is anyone who's grown from seed in solo cups have a general time frame of how often to water? Haha. I'll stop now. Brain is racing wanting to keep going.... hahahaha

You don't want them too wet. I think I probably waited five days before I watered. I always do what Mandalaseeds.com tells me to. You are gonna do fine ston-loc.

Mandala seeds seems to be very hardy Ston-loc.

I had 100% germination rate within 5 days. After taking a better look, all 6x Satoris are pushing through.

I turned the light and fans on to get the temps up a little. I dont run them when they havent sprouted for the exact reason to keep the soil moist. When the fans and T5s are on, the soil surface dries out much more rapidly, almost to the point that I had to water up to every other day when I ran solo cups. This is another reason why I chose 1 gallon containers to germ in. Im watering alot less frequently.

Just remember, less is better than more as far as watering goes, IME.

Thanks for all the input everyone. As of this am another satori above dirt. Now have 3 satoris and 3 btb up. The first 3 up already have root coming out the bottom of the cups. Gonna head to the store today for some soil and transplant to 1 gallon containers. It's crazy how fat the satori leaves are!

Latest posts

Back