Let's talk trimmers and trim trays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am excited, thanks for making me do an "about face" on my opinion of trimmers.... All in one post. thanks guys.

That's the great thing about community, while some will get set in their ways, all it takes is a lil time and new developments to change one's opinion, with substantiated evidence of course, lol

laziness lol jp just set in my ways i guess lyfespan i love the drill press idea making stuff automated lol love i

laziness lol jp just set in my ways i guess lyfespan i love the drill press idea making stuff automated lol love i

I understand your mindset completely. I used to think the same thing. Then I tried one....... I don't consider it lazy at all. I consider it efficient and effective. As I said above, 5 plants in 1.5 hours, I now have time for more of my other grow duties or household duties. To sit there day in and day out trimming, especially an OD grow, is a waste of time and money imo. I still get scissor hash too! I just have to scrape the grate when I'm done.:vap_bong__emoticon:

Kindbud, first you say my grow is behind, then you call me lazy? Are you picking a fight with this old lady???? I was only 61 last year and it bout killed me...this year it is not going to... Lazy my blank.

Nooo lol i was just saying the trimmers are a lazy way but i see ur point.... im hands only gets a better looking finished product jmo

LOL, you made me look at my last years plants and I am a little ahead from then.. So thanks for that. Hope your doing well Kindbud, namaste.

I got my new trimmer today. I did two small indoor plants with it and I am absolutely shocked by how much I love it. It does a better job then I do and I am kinda picky. It will be a life saver for me with the od grow. The Only downside is you have to dry in drying racks, rather then hang. As mine doesn't do large cola's as well, but that is ok as now there is no cutting it off the stem to jar...it is already to go. This is the best money I have spent in a long while.

THank you AM for showing me the way!!!

The other thing is I love the way it catches all the trim.... It is just awesome.

I got my new trimmer today. I did two small indoor plants with it and I am absolutely shocked by how much I love it. It does a better job then I do and I am kinda picky. It will be a life saver for me with the od grow. The Only downside is you have to dry in drying racks, rather then hang. As mine doesn't do large cola's as well, but that is ok as now there is no cutting it off the stem to jar...it is already to go. This is the best money I have spent in a long while.

The other thing is I love the way it catches all the trim.... It is just awesome.
You just put a huge smile on my face! I am sooooo glad you're happy with your trimmer. Just keep it clean and you'll be happy for a long time to come. Every once in a while you can scrape the hash off of the grate and smoke it too.

Call me old fashioned, but there's a certain nostalgia to a pair of scissors, a cookie sheet, a joint and some good music. Nothing like sitting down and spending some quality time with your hard earned harvest and having a trim party. Do it however you want but ill stick with old school. ;)

Omg, mine came today, I'm impressed. I thought it was gonna be smaller, but no this thing is huge, I love that I can completely take it apart to service. The silicone mat it came with to keep it put while cranking, genius thank you for that. I'm still wondering what the slotted holes in the crank assembly are for, till I find out, they look like a spot to mount my drill press adaptor plate. That way I can mount the bowl, attach the crank and lid assembly to the drill head assembly and then all I gotta do is use the drill press crank to open and close the bad boy to load it.

Can you tell I love a project, it's like the freaking Ateam over here, just add high energy sativas and we are on the job, lol

Well of to go spin my first few buds by hand and see what this baby can do.

Call me old fashioned, but there's a certain nostalgia to a pair of scissors, a cookie sheet, a joint and some good music. Nothing like sitting down and spending some quality time with your hard earned harvest and having a trim party. Do it however you want but ill stick with old school. ;)

Till you're staring at a forest of 6' girls, telling you their all ready, better hurry or else....

Omg, mine came today, I'm impressed. I thought it was gonna be smaller, but no this thing is huge, I love that I can completely take it apart to service. The silicone mat it came with to keep it put while cranking, genius thank you for that. I'm still wondering what the slotted holes in the crank assembly are for, till I find out, they look like a spot to mount my drill press adaptor plate. That way I can mount the bowl, attach the crank and lid assembly to the drill head assembly and then all I gotta do is use the drill press crank to open and close the bad boy to load it.

Can you tell I love a project, it's like the freaking Ateam over here, just add high energy sativas and we are on the job, lol

Well of to go spin my first few buds by hand and see what this baby can do.
Give that bad boy a whirl! Bring it over here, I've got 8 girls that are pretty much ready to go right now lol.

Give that bad boy a whirl! Bring it over here, I've got 8 girls that are pretty much ready to go right now lol.

Just as soon as I finish my Farmer Boys breakfast burrito, I plan on it.

And don't tent me, I'm always down for a road trip, have tools and knowledge will travel, lol..

Talk to me when your sitting outside alone in freezing drizzle the last of October with over three pounds to trim... So much for the old fashioned trimming.

My husband the machinist counted 40 to 1 ratio... meaning one crank and the blade goes around 40 times. I did 10 to the R 10 to the left and 5 more just for fun and the buds are really pretty.

I am so glad i changed my mind. So thankful to have this for next month.

Talk to me when your sitting outside alone in freezing drizzle the last of October with over three pounds to trim... So much for the old fashioned trimming.

My husband the machinist counted 40 to 1 ratio... meaning one crank and the blade goes around 40 times. I did 10 to the R 10 to the left and 5 more just for fun and the buds are really pretty.

I'm so glad I found it sooner than later. So freaking easy

I'm so glad I found it sooner than later. So freaking easy

I've been using a Spin Pro for 3 years, works great. A thread a while back, guys were ripping me a new one, but everyone's situation is different.

2 years ago I had 300 plants outdoors, and most of you have already seen my indoor rooms....that's a lot of Fiskers & friends :)

Latest posts

Back