patent #6630507

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
was reading this strange article ,,,the united states government holds a patent on weed,,,,well not weed as a whole just certain parts ,,,the stuff needed for medical reasons ,,,they have marijuana listed as a schedule 1 drug ,,meaning it has no medical use ???why would you want to hold a patent on medical marijuana if it has no medical value ,,,was kind of high reading the article and even higher when I wrote this post ,,,,,,zig

Not just 1, but 5 separate patents, all medical. Yet it is scheduled as a class 1 drug with no medical value. Most people are afraid to sue the government, but that right there is a law suit.

People have tried to work up lawsuits since 2003 (actually, the patent was filed in 2001) when they did this but it always comes back the same.....

The US Government is not a single entity, although most people think of it that way.

You could sue the Department of Health and Human Services that has the patent but... they haven't done anything wrong or illegal.

You could sue the DEA but.... it's not their patent. LOL

I spent 20 years in Washington and the number one priority ALWAYS is to cover your ***. And, they do a pretty darn good job of it. LOL

Patents don't really mean much any more anyway. Gray Wolf has been crying the blues about some guy and his patents over at mjp but, the truth is, the slightest change in design can avoid patent infringement. And, things change so fast that patents are outdated before they even expire. There are so many different ways to do things today. Not like back in the 40's and 50's when holding a patent really meant something.

People have tried to work up lawsuits since 2003 (actually, the patent was filed in 2001) when they did this but it always comes back the same.....

The US Government is not a single entity, although most people think of it that way.

You could sue the Department of Health and Human Services that has the patent but... they haven't done anything wrong or illegal.

You could sue the DEA but.... it's not their patent. LOL

I spent 20 years in Washington and the number one priority ALWAYS is to cover your ***. And, they do a pretty darn good job of it. LOL

Patents don't really mean much any more anyway. Gray Wolf has been crying the blues about some guy and his patents over at mjp but, the truth is, the slightest change in design can avoid patent infringement. And, things change so fast that patents are outdated before they even expire. There are so many different ways to do things today. Not like back in the 40's and 50's when holding a patent really meant something.
It takes 15 differences to not infringe on a patent. It can get difficult depending on the technology. There are only so many ways to make a widget. The Laser is kind of 1 of those stories. When Gould was a grad student, he took his design to his professor Townes. Townes told Gould idea is not patentable. Then patented it. It took 15 years to win the patent for Gould. At that point, the laser was mainstream in many ways and the patent would have been close to expiring. Then Gould was awarded the patent and the licensing fees associated by every company that made lasers.

Don't forget Timothy Leary sued the US government for the Marijuana stamp act being unconstitutional, and won.

Yeah, there's always two sides to each story. LOL That's what makes the legal business perpetual.

I never thought about becoming a lawyer when I was younger but as my business grew, I became more of a lawyer and less of a salesman every year. LOL Looking back, I might have actually enjoyed it. Some areas of law are pretty cool.

I could have probably been a millionaire just talking all my friends DUI cases. LOL We played tonight and I am thinking of all the guys I play with who are on multiple DUI's. One band I play in the bass player is on DUI number 5. Seems like he is always weraing the 'ankle bracelet'. Another has a singer on number 6 and another band has a guitar player on a whopping number 9. How the heck do you get NINE DUI's? I only play with them when they need a fill in drummer. The guy is always totally shitfaced on stage every gig. LOL I mean, I like to party but... he's a little over the line. LOL

I spent a lot of time in court and one thing for sure.... it's not always justice. ;)

Latest posts

Back