Auto Great White Shark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoppedAlung

Reaction score
Hey to all. Ive been out of the game for the last 6 months or so but im starting to get that itch again. Figured why not make a journal. Im using a camera phone at the moment but ill have a cam in a few weeks.

The set up
14 lowlife great white shark seedlings
fox farms ocean forest soil
150w HPS in a DIY cooltube
4 x 26w cfl's for side lighting
172 cfm vortex inline fan
activated carbon filter
botanicare pro grow(probably wont use), pro bloom, sweet, liquid karma, cal-mag+, and clearex for the end
molasses

Well thats what im working with. It going to be inside of a box measuring 42" w x 48" H x 24" D. Just waiting for the funds to come in. Let me know what you guys think and ill keep it updated

img255.jpg

img256.jpg

img258.jpg

img259.jpg

img261.jpg

img260.jpg

img262.jpg

img263.jpg

This was my last auto great white shark grow. I didnt have the vortex then and heat was always an issue. Also it was under 12/12 most of the time with the kc36 I had flowering. The gws seeds from the bank had a horrible germ rate 3/7 with 2 males so I pollinated her. it weighed about 14 grams packed with seeds. The seeds it produced were very nice and this round i had a 95% or 14/15 germ rate. With that said I have high expectations for this grow

img165.jpg

OH wow - so you made your own auto seeds...... cool.
I'm going to try that next - mid Feb. with some auto AK47 seeds.
Pullin' up a chair.... ;) :watchplant:
I'm interesting in finding out more about your germ process.

OldHippieChick said:
OH wow - so you made your own auto seeds...... cool.
I'm going to try that next - mid Feb. with some auto AK47 seeds.
Pullin' up a chair.... ;) :watchplant:
I'm interesting in finding out more about your germ process.

A true auto plant crossed with the same should always produce more autoflowering plants. They might not grow as uniform from one to the next(height, width, size, etc) as its parents but that really depends how stable the parents were.

Im working on making an autoflowering kc36 x auto gws but i have a few more generations before its done.

As far as my germ technique its nothing fancy just what ive found to be quick and work well for me.

1. soak seeds for 6 hours
2. put one inch of potting soil loosly in a clear flexible container
3. sprinkle seeds in and cover with a handful of dirt. place under lights
4. mist regularly 2-3 times a day only keeping soil mildly damp
5. after each misting I flex the container to cause cracks in the soil and get air to the seeds
6. after 2 to 4 days(look at the bottom of the container for tap roots) i dump the container out remove seed casing and put in individual containers

figured id put up a quick update before i post my questions. I hooked the hps up and added that to the cfls. All the kiddies are looking nice and green. Fed them 5ml liquid karma as the directions recomended. Just sitting and patiently being impatient.

Im getting ready to build a new cab. I junked the last one when i moved just wasnt worth saving. The new one is going to be 35 W x 23 D x 60 H. I plan exhausting out the top of the box and into my attic with my vortex. The whole box is going to be on 2 x 4 with holes in the floor to help draw cool air up through the plants. I know this set up will work with my 150w and the cfls but I have the extra money and want a bigger light:hubba: . This is where my problem is.
Ill have about 250 bucks to upgrade my system after i build this box. I need to spend wisely. I want a 400 watt hps. problem is I dont know if I can cool the light with the equipment I have. My vortex is for 4 inch ducting and almost all complete aircooled systems ive seen have a 6 inch flange. Ive considered buying a hood with a 4 inch exhaust flange to use with my fan, a 400w hps ballast and light, and a pair of those 12 dollar bathroom fans from HDepot 1 for cab exhaust and one to supplement my passive intake. I still dont know if thats gonna be enough tho........ ive looked everywhere and considered so many possibities my brain hurts. if i already had experience with a 400 this wouldnt be such an issue Id know what im in for.

PLEASE give me your feedback. Im open to ANY idea inside of this 250 dollar window.

Last bit of info to add.
The grow box is going to be in my walkin closet but the closet has no door just a sheet. I can put holes in walls(already doing the ceiling) but I dont like to.

This damn state is hot. Its fairly cool now but my bedrooms temps are gonna be between 78-82 soon enough.

Thanks everyone

img264.jpg

A 400w standard ballast light set up with cool tube and a 400w hps bulb can be had on HTGsupply for 234.95...it's 164.95 with a regular reflector and you can make your own cool tube...

Hamster Lewis said:
A 400w standard ballast light set up with cool tube and a 400w hps bulb can be had on HTGsupply for 234.95...it's 164.95 with a regular reflector and you can make your own cool tube...

idealy thats what i want but their cooltubes are 6 inch diameter and with the price i wont beable to get a larger 6 inch inline. I have a 150w bake around cooltube now that I wont be using. I would mod it but I thought i read somewhere the 400 bulbs wont fit. What are the 400w dimensions?

This is the specs on my 400w bulb:

# Manufacturer: Plusrite
# Manufacturer's Part #: 2010
# LU400/ET18
# 400 Watt - 24,000 Life Hours
# Color Temp: 2000K
# 50,000 Lumens - 22 CRI
# Bulb Finish: Clear
# ET18 Bulb - E39 Mogul Base
# Overall Length: 9.65 in.
# ANSI Code S51
# Case Quantity: 12
# Price Shown is per Bulb
shows length but not width....

Day 6 since seeds popped. Looking great growth is starting to pick up. I decided against a 400w light and ended up getting a 250 w lumatek system with refector and bulb for 170 bucks. im gonna convert my 150w DIY cooltube into a 250 system. I considered getting a hortilux bulb also but may wait. Are they really worth the money? I have a digital cam now so ill post better pictures of everything in a few days when the grow box is finished

Day 11 Just built the new cab. It took alot of work. inside is completely covered in mylar. has a 50 cfm exhaust fan in the top a 50cfm fan for intake. and another 170 cfm vortex exhausting the cooltube. new lumatek comes tomorrow I cant wait. Im pretty busy so heres a few pics real quick and ill get more up tomorrow. What do you guys think?

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

Latest posts

Back