12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
Can autos be grown from seed on a 12/12 light schedule? Ive been thinking about buying a pack of fem autos and just throwing a few in the flower tent, with all my other plants. Is that possible or do they like 24/0 better?

Most autos do best in an 18/6 or 20/4 schedule... IMO throw them in your veg room not your flower room...

yeah what JAAM said I run my veg area 24/0 and Have 5 autos in there...I think 12/12 would hinder the yield but Ive never ran side x side..Good luck and be safe

Im only running one tent so I dont have a seperate veg and flower area. Every thing in my tent is in veg right now but they will be going into flower in another week or so.

they will grow under 12/12 but u wont produce as much as u normally would

Considering Autos have an expiry date once you germ that seed you want to get as much light on they as they can take. at 12/12 you are taking away half the light and plant production than if you were running 24/0.

If you want to run some maybe run your 12/12 so dark is during the day. Then just take the autos out and put em in the sunshine, better than nothing.

I guess Ill just wait a few more months and then do a couple autos with the outdoor grow.

I happen to have some autos mixed in with 12/12 now and will let you know how they come out. They are vegging at the moment but will be making the switch at the same time.

maineharvest said:
Im only running one tent so I dont have a seperate veg and flower area. Every thing in my tent is in veg right now but they will be going into flower in another week or so.

why not just keep your others in veg until the autos finish. it would equal more yield all the way around

i have 9 autos in my flower room under a 600w hps and then for the night cycle i move them to another chamber with 200 watts.a small chore twice a day but from what i understand 12/12 really cuts your yeilds down.i'm growing this batch of autos for seed stock mainley to grow outdoors.i think having 2 harvests this summer one in july and one in aug.will be great especially since summer can be so short here in maine.

Jericho said:
If you want to run some maybe run your 12/12 so dark is during the day. Then just take the autos out and put em in the sunshine, better than nothing.
Iffin I were in his spot thats eggzactly what I would do

expect 1/2 the yield of an auto under a 24/0 light regimen... Other than that; it will certainly grow 12/12 from seed!

Im running a few Mi5's outdoors and they are getting only about 12 1/2 to 13 hours of light daily. They are looking pretty good actually! so yeah you could def throw a few in your flower tent and be ok!

Well, my autos turned out to not be autos after all thanks to Nirvana genetics. They have been in 12/12 for several weeks due to that not because I wanted to. I had them on 18/6 for several weeks and couldn't get past preflower until I started 12/12.

I have to say that JH is a great 12/12 producer thus far tho. I'm getting alot of bud sites and the trichs are coming in strong. I love going into the flower room and stare at them for a short while. Even with my uv block glasses, I don't like staying so close to the light because of the light shining by the outer edge for so long.

Latest posts

Back