comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunsmoke

class of 78"
Reaction score
I'm just all over this forum after being laid up in the hospital for a couple weeks (again. Third time this year) I'm free'
Anyway. A question for those who have smoked enough Mexican brick to know some is better some is terrible. Around here it is not terrible usually. Last I had was gold-ish green slight hashy faint ammonia flavor. Not the mud weed. It had a decent up buzz no headache.
How does the buzz from some of the newer auto's like the free packs of big bud x white widow and ak47 i got compare? Seriously? This would give me a better benchmark than others photo grows because that can vary so much.
Thanks!

Nos for any help

I have only grown autos once so i am no help about that. But i can tell you anything you grow will be better then Mexican dirt weed. Jump in the water's fine and it will help whatever ails you... stay out of that hospital and welcome to MP!

Thanks rosebud!
I'm afraid mex is the only way sometimes. As for the hospital after working in one for 26 years and a bad reaction to a required vaccine at work I've been kicked to the curb. This is only the beginning.
The auto's just seem so strange I wondered if they would be good to try or just go with something familiar.
Thanks for the reply

The autos generally do not produce as much or have the potency of photoperiod plants and you cannot clone them, forcing you to either make seeds yourself (which can be iffy if the strain is not stabilized) or continuing to buy seeds from breeders. I did grow an auto Big Bud x WW and was sorely unimpressed. Some people will grow an auto or two while their photoperiod plants are vegging to give them some smoke while the photoperiod plants are flowering. I do not really know anyone who grew autos and then went to photoperiod plants that ever goes back to autos.

Would the bigger auto's finish that much faster then reg. Plants? Usually I would veg about 4weeks then 8 -9 weeks to finish. I would use strains that would be done that quick because I couldn't wait.
Clones would cut off about a week.
Boy my first post was big wasn't it?

Clones will save some time, but clones still need to root and get some new growth to them before you put them into 12/12. So after rooting and getting some growth to them, you would probably be at least 3-4 weeks after you take the cuts.

It seems like speed is your main concern, though, over potency and yield. If potency and yield are not a concern and speed of harvest is, then go with the autos.

There is going to be a good bit of variation in the autos for yield and potency. I grew a couple Berry Bomb autos that produced quite nicely and the potency is quite good. But there will be a plenty that will not do as good.

I would just like to point out that the only way you could take a clone from a auto is if you are doing tissue culture.
themoreyouknow.gif

We are talking about clones from a photoperiod plant vs just running autos for speed of harvest. I wasn't speaking of cloning autos and did not mean to give that impression. Thanks for the clarifying post.

Latest posts

Back