something eating the leaves i think

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vostok, i hate to disagree with you but i have had a lot of thrip and that isn't thrip damage. I wish it was thrip as it isn't that horrible in the bug world to get rid of. My first thought is something was spilled on the leaves, but you say more have them, could we get a close up pic of a whole plant, looking down on it please?

more info like what soil?
whats the PH?
inside or outside?
what ya feeding is anything?

My thought too was that something like nutrient solution was spilled/dropped on the leaves. It doesn't really look like any pest damage that I am familiare with. Have you done a very good close exam for pests?

i might of jump the gun its not as bad as i thought.but im pretty sure i dint spill any thing on them i am pretty cautious about that. i looked under the leaves and allover the hole plant and cant see any thing. i will get a pic up soon. i pick off the damaged part of the leaves. and it dont seem to be spredding as bad as i thought. i will let you know how it goes
thanks for the info rosebud and hemp

Your plants look great. That is just beat up lower leafs in my opinion. The new growth looks fab... great news.

Your plants look happy and healthy. Keep an eye on them and if it continues or gets worse, we will do more investigating to find the cause.

cool that is great news. im going to replant them in there final container this weekend. i toped them at 3 nodes about 2 weeks ago should i top them again? and if so when?

thanks this year looks to be my best year yet WOOOHOOO

sorry every one, I should of opened a new thread under outdoor growing if i was going to ask a ? about something other than a sick plant problem. i will try to remember this in the future.

I wouldn't top yet, may not need to top any more.. have to wait for more growth. Don't worry about the post, ask away.

I say top them again once they recover from the final transplant if necessary

If it's a bug, it's leaf miners but they hit way harder than a spot or two here or there. Cut out the mined leaves and flush them. Don't know where you live, but where I live we can't even grow tomatoes anymore without pesticides because leaf miners. I wouldn't dream of growing outside here. Good luck.

I grow outdoors and have no insect problems, yet, now i will. I have had an organic garden for 15 years. You can grow pot outdoors just fine. Integrated pest management.

Doesn't look like the leaf miner i have seen on roses, but get yourself a sticky trap and see what you get on it. I agree with PencilHead, get rid of the leaves.

Latest posts

Back