A new idea...maybe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateB123

Reaction score
Slow work day
Ive had this "idea" for quite some time and im pretty bored so Id like to hear what others would have to say Im not sure if anyone has done this before

The idea is for a underground grow box disguised as a light post. Applicable for growing outdoors using natural sunlight with maximum privacy

The light post would be the short rectangular/square tube and the light cover, square shaped as well. The reason for this is to allow as much sun light as possible into the grow area and not draw attention (Similar to a skylight or sun tubes). There would of course be a actual functioning light as well and could even be used as supplemental grow lighting lol

You could have several arranged in rows are what not

There would have to be a large base at ground level that would be hinged and you could tip the whole thing over for access.

The underground grow chamber I haven't really thought about to much

It would have to be relatively large

The whole thing would have to be insect proof and hopefully water tight

Ventilation is a must perhaps you could use negative pressure considering its underground

Material would have to be synthetic or treated rot proof lumber

The underground construction would allow for pretty stable temp and humidity even in extreme climates which is a big plus

Some drawbacks

Private access would be tough You would have to have a fenced in or secluded area. People would start to wonder why you were always screwing around with your lights

Control of climate issues would have to be automated

Well anyway I need more coffee

Let me know what you think

I think it would be awesome

Imagining a cop strolling along, maybe swinging his night stick and whistling, completely oblivious to the fact that all those rows and rows of aesthetically pleasing decorative garden lights are secretly cultivating pounds and pounds...

its a good idea, but obviously not a new one. Check out the "hotbox" I have thought about burying one of these bad boys myself

santacruzgardener said:
its a good idea, but obviously not a new one. Check out the "hotbox" I have thought about burying one of these bad boys myself

Is this a manufactured product?
over 2 mil search returns for "hotbox" I dont want to dig through can you provide a link please

Private access would be tough You would have to have a fenced in or secluded area.

Its interesting to say the least. However, if that was the case then you might as well grow outdoors in the open but prune and LST to reshape the plants

Wouldn't that defeat the stealth he is trying to accomplish. You might as well grow on the moon and supplement oxygen, that way you would be closer to the sun lol. Some people are silly nay sayer's nait. Don't listen to em, if you think it can be done, do it and show us the results.

Thanks tater
I lol at your metaphor
Its just another future project to add to the list
I still cant find any actual products for "hotbox"
Maybe I just didnt explain my idea clearly enough
The idea is an option for those who cant grow indoors but dont want to grow in their backyard out in the open Because having a fence doesnt keep your plants out of view from a) people visiting your house b) neighbors with a view of your yard from above and c) the f ing nosy police
Its also a way to take advantage of all this free sun energy

NateB123 said:
Thanks tater
I lol at your metaphor
Its just another future project to add to the list
I still cant find any actual products for "hotbox"
Maybe I just didnt explain my idea clearly enough
The idea is an option for those who cant grow indoors but dont want to grow in their backyard out in the open Because having a fence doesnt keep your plants out of view from a) people visiting your house b) neighbors with a view of your yard from above and c) the f ing nosy police
Its also a way to take advantage of all this free sun energy

sorry I should have been more clear, the hotbox is basically a shipping container with vents and electrical and plumbing, lights, trays, reservoirs, everything you need to grow with, and I hear people bury them. All you need is a backhoe, and a photovoltaic system with a water line. They could be out of business cuz I can't find it now either

i think that your weed is oretty good, first of all :bong:

and second i ask this:

The idea of the underground grow box would be to be stealthy as well as efficient with light right? but, if you wanted to disguise it as a light post, it would more than likely be in your front yard or something... not too stealthy :rolleyes:

santacruzgardener said:
sorry I should have been more clear, the hotbox is basically a shipping container with vents and electrical and plumbing, lights, trays, reservoirs, everything you need to grow with, and I hear people bury them. All you need is a backhoe, and a photovoltaic system with a water line. They could be out of business cuz I can't find it now either

Thanks bro
That sounds pretty sweet but really hard to get away with tho
Shipping containers are huge! hmmmm

you can get the same privacy in a bramble bush using lst growin em along the ground like they do in the ditches in cali?
Dc

lol there was just a thread about a guy doing this getting busted.

Latest posts

Back