NV's SS CC Bubba Kush, final experiment- #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IRISH said:
oh yeah bro. it's on...:cool: ...

looks like the roots hit the goodies from over here.:hubba: . feeding time in the flowering room at Nv's place...

see those bright tops? thats the beginning of the explosion 'o the bud...

i was gonna try to flip tonight over here, but something has come up. hmm, maybe tomorrow, or next...

you feel'in it bro? it's look'in all gravy now... let's hope it's smooth sailing straight thru harvest...

Peace...Irish...

IRISH, you sound super stoked man, I can see it in your words!;)

I can imagine how you must be chomping at the bit to get your girls going. Flip tonight if you can and we'll meet at the finish line on Christmas! (or close to it:D )

Yup, Im feelin' it brother! and I'm gonna keep feeling it all winter long too! Ya with me?:hubba:

IRISH said:
oh yeah bro. it's on...:cool: ...

looks like the roots hit the goodies from over here.:hubba: . feeding time in the flowering room at Nv's place...

Yup... They're just pulling their chairs up to the buffet now... NICE~!

dirtyolsouth said:
Hi NV...Get ready for the wackiest looking flowering you've ever seen... they get an odd look to them... like they're trying to explode with pistils at the tips of the buds and it looks kinda like a little 'bleached out' spot on the tops of the buds no matter how close they are to the lights... You're going to have some beefy buds bro... This will be fun. And your containers will do great too... All due respect to Subby, I think this method will work in a variety of containers and plant sizes... He just sez... "THIS is what works for me but have at it..." and it's bangin'. :eek:

I think I'm going to experiment with getting some K-mag into some grows... for a healthy dose of potassium since that's the only thing that looks a little light in the mix...

Happy Flowering!:cool:

nvthis said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dirtyolsouth again.

Dirty, glad you are here man, and glad I am getting the seal of approval from the ol'south! Man, you guys are getting me so pumped on this grow. I think some of these plants might top out at about 35 inches. I like that a lot. Hey man, got the cal-mag ready if need be, and some extra ss for topping off the pots. What week do you usually do that? I think sub says week 5? I dunno, I am guessing it's probably more strain dependant than anything else. Well, I waiting for that 'bud explosion':D

Hey Dirty, how was the ss yeild compaired to other mediums you have used?

Hey bud...

Thanks man... I'm really glad that you've jumped in head first! :rolleyes:It's a fun thread... and the fun's only beginning! I just got back into growing after a lengthy hiatus... over 3+ years without growing. So things finally got where I could get back to my beloved hobby and I fired up the veg and bloom closet this past March. I've had a couple of harvest but it's mostly been 'test grows' with smaller containers to get some phenos back in my grow again... so I don't have much to 'compare' with... But my first SS harvest was tight and the yield was very solid... You can tell that MJ loves this soil... and I had issues my first go around cuz I jumped the gun and didn't let it cook long enuf imo... My ph was low and I still got KILLER buds... I transplanted in week 3 and I still had a solid yield and total dankness... so I'm really looking forward to another full 10gal grow with everything going 100%... If it's THAT good performing at a lower level imagine how good it will be when things are poppin'... And you don't have to imagine it cuz it's right in front of you!:eek:

I'm about 2000 miles from any dispensaries... so it's reinventing the wheel to get things started when you want to keep things on the D.L. here in recreational mj land where med mj use isn't a reality as of yet... I did get a few really solid clones from a friend of a friend but I've been busy rounding out a nice selection and after ONE more test grow it's all systems grow with larger containers in the SS...

I haven't done too many 10gal container grows when I grew last, about 3 years ago at a location at a partner's house. We used 5 and 7 gal containers in FFOF with added perlite and worm castings. I used to get very good yields with the AN full 2+ lineup... We used two 430w hps and a 1K MH in between them... And then I did an experiment and setup a small grow in my closet to try organics and I was HOOKED. I used the Iguana/AN organic nute calc lineup and my results were slightly less than using their 2part Sensi but the buds tasted MUCH better imho... Not long after that life got in the way and we shut down that room...

Fast forward til now and here I am! :ciao: THRILLED to be growing again. It really centers me in ways I can't describe... The store that used to carry AN is no longer in biz and the remaining hydro stores don't carry it due to the mj stigma... SO I used Botanicare's PureBlend/organic additives and had good results too... Then I saw Subcool's soil thread and it sounded like exactly what I've been looking for... Feeding the soil rather than the plant... It was a long transition to organics but if you get things right below the soil surface it's amazing what happens above ground with a little love and light...

god this is such a stoned post.... lol...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Ok so a week has passed and all is good so far. No deficiencies to be seen. The buckets and SS seem to be cruising at expected altitudes. With this plant I will start seeing flower developement on Friday, day 13. Here's a few pics from the flower room. Is there any question that Bubba Kush loves the SS?

2009_1029Nov10008.JPG

2009_1029Nov10009.JPG

2009_1029Nov10010.JPG

35 inches, you say? nice. nice...

i heard stoney one time state that bubba's leaves get large enough to shade a vw.:hubba: ...

man Nv, you sure can see the stretch happening now. how tall now?

i am stoked on your grow man. everytime i see something new to me, that interests me, i'm all over it. does my enthusiasm show that much?;) ...

nothing but green mojo to ya babies bro...(i'm always a team player.);) ...

Keep 'er Green...Irish...:D ...

Howdy IRISH, The big one is pushing 31 inches now and still a few days left I think before she puts the brakes on. They are already starting to stink the place up. I'm gonna pull it all out tomorrow and do a quick wellness check.

I did something bad the other night. I did exactly what Art said not to do... I was trying to adjust one of the plants and accidentally picked up the buckets in the middle. The soil separated and I thought I had screwed that plant up bad. Nope! She hasn't missed a beat. Just keeps on growing. Gotta smile on that.:D

dirtyolsouth said:
Hi NV...Get ready for the wackiest looking flowering you've ever seen... they get an odd look to them... like they're trying to explode with pistils at the tips of the buds and it looks kinda like a little 'bleached out' spot on the tops of the buds no matter how close they are to the lights... You're going to have some beefy buds bro... This will be fun.

Hey DOS, you might just have it man! For this plant I know that flower is visible on day 13 (providing everything is as it needs to be...) But, I look in there today, and what do I see????? What do I see on DAY 8????:hubba:

Rockin' the SS bro! That's what I'm talking about!!Haaahaha.

2009_1031Nov20002.JPG

Hey hey IRISH, my greenthumbed friend.. A little sneak peek @ the LUI;) Hoping for a husband and wife! What do you think? Ortega pheno on both? :D

2009_1031Nov20004.JPG

Ok, so just a little curious. Got a milk carton moment here.

Anyone seen these cute little maggots???

Not sure what they might be. If ya got an idea, speak up!

bugs.jpg

maybe aphids and not worms?

i have never seen worms on cannabis but we live in other worlds.

look like aphids to me?

i could be wrong?

ArtVandolay said:
Is that you, nv??? :):)

Hey, I made two 2 bucket condos this aft and repotted my autos. It's going to work, I'm sure! Just don't forget not to pick it up by the top bucket, nv!

from the mouths of condobucketgrower/tinfoilhatwearer...you were warned...;) :D ...lol...over...

how many came up? did you stop mid stride, or did you totally pull it off? (talking condobuckets here art).:D ...over...

nvthis said:
Hey hey IRISH, my greenthumbed friend.. A little sneak peek @ the LUI;) Hoping for a husband and wife! What do you think? Ortega pheno on both? :D

deffinately ortega. both. and you may just luck up, and get your wish by the looks of these.:hubba: :cool: ...very nice Nv...

i first thought the 'worm' looked like fly larvae, but i have'nt seen it from the aphid.:confused2: ...what ya got to hit 'em with?...

Hey hey man, I only separated them a little before I realized what I was doing. Maybe two inches. Just enough to sever roots. Doesn't seem to have harmed the plant in any way though. Had to kick myself for that one:doh:

Yeah the LUI's I want to flip asap, but then I want to make sure I cut them first. If I am lucky enough to get a m/f I swear I'll leave her in 'til the beans start dropping out of her:D I'm not gonna count on it though til I see what's what. I am thinking the odds are against me, but hey, it could happen:confused2:

Anyway man, think I'll go with a little soap (Safers) first. I' hoping those little soft bodies won't be able to handle it. From there it will be a pyrethrin product. Yeah, I'm hoping it won't go that far:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back