i have an idea for a fogger system....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentallica

lord trentnar
Reaction score
ok so i have started putting together a grow box, but i still dont know what hydroponic system to use. im sure they all have something going for them, but witch one is best for me. i like the simplicity of the DWC, but i like the diversity you can get from an ebb and flow, or drip system. i have ran into a few systems that are using an ultrasonicfogger to water their roots. i like that idea as well. the first one was just a DWC with a fogger added to it. the 2nd one used gravity to feed plants that were set on in long quire plastic tube. the last one just tapped a living room humidifier to the bottom of a tote. well i just happen to have a nice 5 jet ultrasonicfogger on hand.
here is my idea.
i dont have pitchers, but you should get it.
please the fogger inside a 5gal bucket with lid. attach a small fan, or blower to the lid, so that the air blows inside the sealed bucket. also on top of the lid are several holes ( the number is up to you) just big enough for a garden hose. each hole has alength of hose that leads to the upper end of a 2 or 3 gal empty bucket that has a lid that has been set up to hold one plant.
turn on the fogger, and the fan. the fan will blow the fog through the garden hose to your plants. all the water, and air your lovely plant roots could ever ask for. simple as hell, and full on customizable. i have this same kind of set up now, but instead a few buckets i have 3 19"X24"X64" mini green houses, and that one fogger foggs out those 3 mini green houses in like 5 min.
this is not a cheep system. my fogger is $100. i think you could use a 3 jet fogger, but they are only $15 cheaper.
please tell me what you think of this system. do you think it will work ???

Won't be able to sustain the continued growing needs of the plant once they get into serious veg'n... let alone flowering. I know this from experience... a failed technological application... those products have gone the route of the waste bin... insofar as hydro is concerned that is...

You say ultrasonic fogger, which are little transducers... yet you also list "jets" which brings to mind the spray nozzles of the Aero style...? If the actual nebulizer heads are used, they produce a lot of heat as well. This inevitably led to water pathogens, i.e., rot. Just another concern... Peace brother.

Check out my DIY on making 5 gallon waterfarm system. The link is in my signature. Also check Growdude's white widow 5 gallon bucket systems that are linked in his signature. Mine is for individual stand alone buckets and Growdude's are for multiple buckets sharing a common rez. Both systems have the advantages of both the DWC and drip systems.

Welcome to the forums.

Good smoking to you.

trentallica said:
ok so i have started putting together a grow box, but i still dont know what hydroponic system to use. im sure they all have something going for them, but witch one is best for me. i like the simplicity of the DWC, but i like the diversity you can get from an ebb and flow, or drip system. i have ran into a few systems that are using an ultrasonicfogger to water their roots. i like that idea as well. the first one was just a DWC with a fogger added to it. the 2nd one used gravity to feed plants that were set on in long quire plastic tube. the last one just tapped a living room humidifier to the bottom of a tote. well i just happen to have a nice 5 jet ultrasonicfogger on hand.
here is my idea.
i dont have pitchers, but you should get it.
please the fogger inside a 5gal bucket with lid. attach a small fan, or blower to the lid, so that the air blows inside the sealed bucket. also on top of the lid are several holes ( the number is up to you) just big enough for a garden hose. each hole has alength of hose that leads to the upper end of a 2 or 3 gal empty bucket that has a lid that has been set up to hold one plant.
turn on the fogger, and the fan. the fan will blow the fog through the garden hose to your plants. all the water, and air your lovely plant roots could ever ask for. simple as hell, and full on customizable. i have this same kind of set up now, but instead a few buckets i have 3 19"X24"X64" mini green houses, and that one fogger foggs out those 3 mini green houses in like 5 min.
this is not a cheep system. my fogger is $100. i think you could use a 3 jet fogger, but they are only $15 cheaper.
please tell me what you think of this system. do you think it will work ???

The fog I produced didn't blow down tubes well, it condensates and looses most of it's 'fog' nature, i tried it with a nebulaizer from a respiratory treatment kit once; have you actually tried your idea with hoses and buckets, or just thinking?

From what little I know about foggers, you are a whole lot better off creating the fog where you intend to use it. If the fog produced is over 70F, I wouold think you might overheat the roots. Also, will the fog carry the nutes to the roots too or just water? If just water, then how will you ge the nutes to the roots?

I have never seen an actual fogger used to provide moisture to the leaves and maybe the roots. The systems that I have seen for hydro are actually very fine misters that produce a fine mist with the nutes in the micro droplets. If that is what you are talking about, they are very high maintenance systems because the misting nozzles have such tiny openings that they clog very easily.

SkunkPatronus is correct about fog not blowing down hoses very well, especially small diameter ones. Fog only exists in a very narrow range of conditions, and nearly still air is one of them with the temperature and the dew point approaching each other being the other main one.

Until you thoroughly understand the other "tricks" to hydro growing, take Growdude's advice and Keep It Simple S*****. A DWC or an modification of it like the WaterFarms systems that both Growdude and I use, is the simplest way to learn hydro, then you can start experimenting with things like aero, Co2 supplementation and other advanced systems. That is only advice meant to help you along the learning curve without making a lot of avoidable mistakes. We all hate to see good weed destroyed because the grower screwed up by trying ot get in over his head with advanced growing techniques before he learns the basics. Most of the ex-growers that I have met all have some fancy complicated technique that made the grow tired of fighting to get good weed and give up when if they had just stuck to basics, they would have been fine.

I wish you the best of luck, because if you keep on trying to use complicate advanced techniques you are going to need it.

Latest posts

Back