Blue Dream & Girl Scouts Cookies - NFT - Outdoor (hydro) LOG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blue dream mother. couldn't resist.

Have to add, this is a team effort, couldn't have done this without my loving partner <3 hehe

bdq.jpg

Can't resist again.. I LOVE CRYSTALS.......

bdcloseup.jpg

Wow I wish I could grow huge outdoor plants like these.

Great Job.

Hey just saw your post, theres 19 plants in this thing, there was one heirloom tomato but I cloned it at the wrong spot and just had a giant leaf growing hella roots and getting dark as hell for two months. Was kinda funny actually. lol

chazmaine420 said:
WOW! what a great set up. How many plants are in that?

Why thank you :heart: :heart: :48:. Good luck on your BD's when they get going :)
7greeneyes said:
very nice :joint:

:heart: thanks!! They are about 3 feet in some areas and starting to really fatten up. Really if you have height 6-6.5' of clearance in a 4.5'x4.5' footprint you could get away with these... They are cheap, and don't take much nutes!

Growdude said:
Wow I wish I could grow huge outdoor plants like these.

Great Job.

That setup rocks. Ever run it indoors? Little baked so sorry if you mentioned it already. I wouldn't mind running something like that. Nice job.

Hamster Lewis said:
That setup rocks. Ever run it indoors? Little baked so sorry if you mentioned it already. I wouldn't mind running something like that. Nice job.

We ran it indoors for ten days but planning a space for it seems out of our reach right now...

Heres some weekly updates for anyone interested :D

Topped it off with the last of the aqua flora nutes. Flushing is set for next week for about two weeks of just water, some sugar maybe, and silica for sure. Cutting PK next week too.

Will update with a canopy pic.

w6.jpg

w6a.jpg

Here's another weekly update. Haven't been around the forums much but thought I'd keep updating this log till harvest for those interested :D

Flushed the res out, going to harvest a bout two weeks out. Any advice for a finisher? Got a 5 day window in which to add something and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks & enjoy.

w6.jpg

w6a.jpg

IMG_20131010_141507_711.jpg

IMG_20131010_152833_397.jpg

A few more dense budshots. The silica, quartz, and pk really fattened them up nice and dense omgorsh. The 2" wide buds barely give under pressure. Never seen buds this dense up close. It's mind blowing! :eek:

:icon_smile:

7.jpg

8.jpg

Water for another week.

Roots not clogging = 6 days.

Trichromes = cloudy on those huge ol' meatballs!

Girls are happy :)

bd.jpg

:icon_smile:

:holysheep:

:giggle:​

There's two of girl scout and one of blue dream. About to take some clones for the next wave of blue dream, and we might have some acid clones survive an algea outbreak.

Enjoy!

IMG_20131024_142706_408.jpg

IMG_20131024_155845_420.jpg

IMG_20131025_164059_647.jpg

IMG_20131025_173719_584.jpg

:holysheep: is right!!! they r un***believable :icon_smile:

just a question for yah effdecaf, looks as if you got something living in the root system there, lots and lots of little black dots in the roots, you have an aphid problem?

amazing buds from that tower garden, that thing is pretty damn cool,

Thanks! Sunakard2k yeah when we opened her up we noticed some aphids/mites in the roots. We didn't do any flushes till the end where we flushed with ice water. We were also 'adding-back' which contributed to diminished root health.

The lower row only got about 2-3 oz, the second row 1-2 oz per plant, the third row is solid 3 per plant, and we've yet to see the top few rows... These were in partial shade with mostly late sun, 40% only received half the light they should have...

This is my second attempt, and I've always wanted to do OD HYDRO, and this was greatly rewarding.

Between nutes and the initial investment, the whole thing cost just under $630. For an 'out-of-the-box' ENTIRE hydro solution [minus sun, water, clones] this is really a great invention :)

Thanks for checking it out everyone, I'll post a few pics in a couple of days.

bummer to hear that, doesnt look like they did much, all your bud pics look amazing... a possible idea to fix that sun issue, big lazy susin, lol something low profile you can put that tower on and do a quarter turn a day or every couple of days. might help everything get even sun instead of being stuck on a shady im assuming north side. just a thought, like i said looks amazing!!!
wow and for around 600 bucks thats not a bad price for something that size.

again sorry to hear you had root mites/aphids, i am happy i was right and was able to distinguish them from the pics, again bad it happed to you but always good to see picture evidence, especialy for us still somewhat new growers. good to see so we can easly identify if we have similar issues.

gratz again on the harvest what was your final wet and/or dry weigh in if you have gotten that far.

What is your solution Temps?I know running a DWC with high solution temps will cause problems,,and your roots will not stay white and healthy.

Latest posts

Back