My meager start, one out of two....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good red eye's. your first couple grows can be a confusing ordeal. so much to learn and so short time. I have been growing for two years and at the beginning of this year i finally felt like i had a handle on it.
Congrats on your flowers. the first time you smoke your own, its a good feeling for sure. now we jsut got to keep her happy for a while till she is finished.

looking good red eye's. your first couple grows can be a confusing ordeal. so much to learn and so short time. I have been growing for two years and at the beginning of this year i finally felt like i had a handle on it.
Congrats on your flowers. the first time you smoke your own, its a good feeling for sure. now we jsut got to keep her happy for a while till she is finished.

thanks Yarddog, your certainly right.My Daddy had a green thumb but I didn't pay enough attention to pick it up but lately Ive been getting better. Ive got a little veggie garden going too. both have been a learning thing for me. Can't wait to put a match to this first attempt...

So I have some buds going but it seems like they are not progressing a lot. Since this is my first ever grow though, I don't have a clue really as to how they should be doing. Im thinking that my indoor lighting is not correct for the flower stage so I took advantage of the nice sunny day today and put her out in the sun. The buds are maybe 1/2" in diameter and maybe about 1/2" in length and not changing much each day. The other thing is that while there are lots of pistils, there Is no sign of any trichomes on these buds, but I'm not sure how soon they start to appear either. It has been in flower lighting about 4 weeks now but hasn't changed much over the last week or so. Otherwise they seem very healthy so maybe I'm just being impatient. My two new girls are growing like crazy in my new light box and soon there will not be enough room for all of them. Well at least I am gaining in experience and one of these days I'll have a little bud for the smoking....
This has been a water only grow in "Kind Soil", my next will be organic also but I'm thinking of giving the "Earth Juice" nutes a try. They are still young and in FFOF and some extra worm castings for the time being. I'll start some nutes in a week or so when I transplant them.

View attachment IMG_7306.jpg

Nope, don't take them outside, you'll bring pests in to your grow room.

They look ok. Plan on them needing nine weeks of bloom. They are looking good, just settle in for the long haul.

I think they look ok too and they are healthy but I had hoped they would be a little further along by now as I have an out of town trip planned soon for a week and a half or so. I think I can have them on auto for that long but we'll see how it goes.
I picked up some Earth Juice Nutes (Grow, Bloom & Catalist) for my second batch of plants as well as my veggie garden in the back yard so I'll give that a go this time around.
I'll update when I return....

Thanks grass hopper! Yes it is my first, I have another grow started now as well in a slightly larger space. Never been much of a gardener but I'm tryin. I've learned much from the good folks here that I'll try to apply...

Just got home from a week away and I set the plants up to be auto watered once while I was gone. They did well and I'll water them tomorrow. My first little gal is about ready to pluck, I'll have a close look tomorrow and see if it's time. Anyway I'm glad to have come home to find them still prospering and that my house is not flooded either. My second and younger pair are spreading quite nicely and I'll set them up with a Scrog screen soon.

View attachment IMG_7576.jpg

View attachment IMG_7573.jpg

This evening when the light switched on, I took her out and checked the trichome color with my new phone camera lens. It looks like most are cloudy with a few that are starting to turn amber. I'm going to cut her tomorrow and start the drying process. Not sure what my yield will be but it seems like more than I expected from such a small (single plant grown in a 5 gallon space bucket) grow. I'm pleased that I was able to grow it at all for my first attempt. My second try is two plants and they are progressing well. I put a screen over them today in an attempt to scrog this one. We'll see how that works. I'm looking forward to trying my new harvest in a few weeks.

View attachment IMG_7591.jpg

Well this was a single plant grow starting in a very small grow space using cfl's and an added small LED during flower stage. I harvested just over 1/2 oz of dried bud and about 1/3 oz of sugary trim.
After it was dry, I roasted it in the oven to decarb it and then added it to about 3/4lb of butter that I had just clarified. After this cooked for a time, I strained and poured it into some cupcake papers and cooled it. I'll freeze these for use as required. The purpose of this grow is to help my wife get a solid sleep. We added 1/4 of one of these little biscuits to a cup of nighttime turmeric tea about an hour before bedtime. At first it was very relaxing and then for me anyway and I think the wife also, came on a little too strong. We'll try a lighter dose tonight and see how it goes. Neither of use are looking to get wasted before bedtime but this'l do it if not careful. The next batch is under way and I just switched the lights to 12/12... Oh and yes, I kept a little bud out for my pipe too....

View attachment IMG_7622.jpg

View attachment IMG_7620.jpg

So it turns out that though this strain knocks me right out, the wife just cannot go to sleep after using it. We've been adding it to some caffeine free tea at night just before bed. I have no trouble going right to sleep but her eyes are wide for a long time. I even enjoy a small slice in my morning cuppa coffee.
I'm kind of a lightweight when it comes to smoking pot and it's been a long time since I've regularly indulged, so I've tried to ease into it this time. This stuff kicks my a$$ if I take a few hits on the pipe so I'm hoping my next grow will be closer to what we want.
I ordered some of what is supposed to be 1to1 THC/CBD (amnesia CBD Auto, about 10% each) and the seeds just arrived this afternoon. We're headed out of town for a few days so I'll see about starting them when we return. I would like to do an outdoor organic grow this time around but it's really hot (nearing 110deg) where I live right now so I don't know how that will go.
I'm hoping that I can smoke half a doobie or so and still function...
Disguised as a wristband and sealed for security, my last batch came sealed inside a small plastic house of playdough....
Wish me luck.....

View attachment IMG_7729.jpg

Latest posts

Back