New Starts do not look good....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reesche

Reaction score
Can any of you guys tell me what you think is going on with these new starts?

I have 8 T5 lights about 12" to 14" above them ON for 20 hours with a fan blowing on them.

I tried ferterlizing them a couple of weeks ago with just a tiny bit of veg fertilizer and then have been watering them through ever since then.

They are just on water. Have not watered them for the past couple of days letting the dirt dry out.

Any ideas? See attached photos....

Thanks!

View attachment GrowIssue 1.jpg

View attachment GrowIssue 2.jpg

i would clip the dead leaves and repot those in a soil not so hot---tell more of your soil

Your T5 should be about 2" above your plants an should run 24/7 along with the fan...BtL

1. SOIL: Just a regular potting soil with vermiculite

I will re pot them today with new soil.
Just water them for awhile before adding nutreients?
If so, how long before adding nuturiants?

What I use for Veg State: Botinacare PB Pro Gro

Thanks guys!
Reesche

what kind of potting soil most bagged potting soil have nutrients available in them already and you should not be feeding them yet...they don't need nutrients in till the soil nutrients are depleted...gotta be careful with miracle grow and soils that have time released nutrients

from your description, they sure seem hungry to me, as they have grown a bit and did not burn as seeds, so it doesn't make sense that they can burn now, with no added ferts. marijuana is a relatively heavy feeding plant, and leaving it deprived from food, you will not go far. Transplant them into bigger containers and feed, with a high N ration at 1/2 strength to begin with and increase gradually

One of the moderators said to lower my 8 bank (T5) flouresent fixture to 2" above the tops of the battered starts??? Is this the type of lights you are talking about? See attachment. This was another crop of Nervana Short Ryder.

I'm worried if I put them only 2" above the starts it will fry them.

LATEST: Transplanted all of them into new grow mixture and watered them through. Right now they look pretty sad. No vegitative fertilizer at this time...Right?

Reesche

View attachment T5 lights.jpg

What about the Heat those bulbs generate?

I have a fan blowing in the room..... should I deflect the air or direct it on to the plants themselves?

And before I lower the lights.... should I let them stabalize a few days before I lower the lights? I just transplanted them today and watered them through.

Thanks again!

Reesche

I have a PH tester..... what exactly am I looking for. Number? Level?

You need an Exhaust fan to remove hot stale air and bring in fresh cool air into your growroom and an oscillating fan to move air around in growroom.
In soil i like my PH floating between 6.5 and 6.8
In water 5.5 to 5.8
Also when Flowering with T5s ya need the 3000k tubes.
For vegg the 6500k tubes.
The 3000k will get warmer then the 6500k.

So, put in ALL 6500k (Blue) Tubes in the vegetitive state?

And when you flower, ALL 3000k (Red)?

During VEG...don't they need a ballance of red and blue?

Thanks again!

that's right blue veg---orange flower---lay off the nutes and the leaves won't burn

those probe ph soil testers really are not that accurate tend to read a bit high so don't freak out if it reads ph is 7 to 8

:aok:

Latest posts

Back