Has anyone used Roots organics soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoLady

Reaction score
Aurora Innovations out of Eugene Oregon makes a roots organic formula 707 mix. Has anyone used it? Comes at a good price when everything is going up because of a perlite shortage.

The mix is:course peat,coco fibre, compost, perlite, pumice, worm castings, bat guano, fish bone meal, soybean meal, and kelpmeal. Seems nice and light with no wood pieces.

Sounds great. I haven't used it, but wanted to say hello.

know a few using it locally that like it. i always judge what soils people like, by the size of the pallets the local hydro store orders, and how fast it disappears. (maybe i go to the store more than i need too?? :)

FoxFarm Ocean Forrest is still my personal favorite, and after my latest grow with it in "global buckets" i'm not changing any time soon.

Oh, you mentioned elsewhere about your heat in the greenhouse. have you gotten any of the green house shading material yet?

I use roots organic, not the 707 but the regular stuff and I like it. It only cause me $12.50 a bag. The guy at the hydro store grew tomatoes in containers out back comparing foxfarm, roots and some other stuff, and he said roots out performed them all.

Hello yourself TC
Watch for a pm. And, thanks everyone for your imput. I haven't purchased the shade cloth yet. Guess I'll have to. And probably some kind of humidifier.
Some of my plants were stunted and figure the heat had a lot to do with it.

Thinl I'll go ahead and try some of the Aurora Rock 707. Looks very similar to FF Ocean Forest just cheaper right now. $24.95 for 3.8 cu. ft. bale.

I'm using the 707 and love it, great soil! Cheap, I get it in the 3 cu' for the price of a FF bag.

Thanks Roddy. I went ahead and bought it, now itching to get started...about 7 weeks early.

Do you the roots ferts also?

The Roots Organics line didn't look organic to me, maybe someone with more know can chime in.

Not all of them are. It says on the bottles which ones are. I use them and think I like them, don't look at my latest journal entry or you will say, um no. Anyway, 2Dog used them and her grows are amazing so that's why i started with them. I do like the line.

i love their soils. i find that they have great air holding capabilities. i have used their normal soil as well as their 707 line. i find that the 707 isnt amended quite as much and that i have to add nutes during veg. while their normal line i can go through a nice 2-4 week veg without really having too add any nutes until i switch them to 12/12

Latest posts

Back