Post up if you pre soak or straight to soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oasis cubes are my favorites, very high rate, very easy to transplant

I'm going to have to order some of those....... jiffy pucks will not work for the type of grow I'm switching to.

i just buy them from the nearest flower station, and cut them to size, theyre found everywhere. the only thing that i can point out is that the seeds or clones must not be siting in a puddle of water, but that goes to any medium as well. you cant overwater. i water according to temp/humidity and cube size. i normally cut them like 1.5"x1.5" or 2"x2" and water once every 1-2 days depending on climate. you can actually put them on timer and ebb and flow, and can be bottom fed, they wick superbly well. also they are inert with neutral ph unlike rockwool.

Fellow enthusiasts,

Straight to soil...

Thank you...

The Poet

just drop them in the dirt and water them in, seems to work almost every time, now I just drop them in a quick start plug and drop into the hydro with the drip ring going till the first root hits the water.

Paper towel is the only way I've ever done it. Figure, if it's not broke...I won't fix it :)

Currently, I've run clones only for almost 8 months or so now. Maybe closer to 10 months....shoot, I've lost track!

To each, his or her own. Whatever method you have confidence in and works for ya, use it. The results are what matters. My last go around, I dropped 18 into soil and got 18 sprouts. My method works for me.

Into SOIL. Mother nature has always worked for me. :48:

I drop straight into soil.. but for older seeds I do a 12-24hr presoak before dropping in the soil. 98%success rate

100% here with straight to soil, but really to each their own really.

there are a 1001 ways to do it, there are those plastic trays 1x2 that are sectioned in many different sizes , you can use plastic drinking cups just poke holes in the bottom or small nursery pots or netpots... i myself don't use any pot since i use oasis cubes that hold together individually and i just transplant the entire cube after sprouting, some people use rockwool cubes or sure-to-grow and similar media... you basically want a moist light and airy medium but not wet or heavy

Latest posts

Back