Phosphorus and flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
I read something somewhere on this site concerning phosphorus and flowering, but I can't find it now. Here's the question. During flowering what is the period of time when the plants start to consume larger amounts of phosphorus? I believe I read that they start to consume lots of P starting about week 3 of flowering. Is that true? Could somebody explain that to me please?

Also, who could explain how to schedule in less and less nitrogen and more and more phosphorus when switching from vegetative to flowering? Maybe you could point me to a link?

Your help is appreciated,

Alistair

I second the query. I am in week 3 now and things are going swimmingly. I have been curious as to how much my plant NEEDS more phosphorus. I can't afford nute burn.

I'm not sure that there is a complete and correct answer for that. Kinda like asking 'how much water' and 'how often'.. it's going to be dependant og the individual plants and your particular circumstances... IMO
Tho I am a believer that staying with a higher "N" feed through the first couple of weeks of flowering is beneficial in accomodating the 'stretch'. I usually switch to the hi P flowering ferts after 2 weeks of 12's, or once I start to 'see'.. bud formation OD.

Latest posts

Back