outdoor plant count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syke

Reaction score
hey guys,
juss wanted to get some opinions on my outdoor grow space.
i have a 10'x25' garden bed.

how many plants do you guys think i could fit in here?
12?18?

thnx for the help

lol bro ur crazy
4 plants? iono sounds wrong to me
i grew 6 plants tht were all atleast 6'
up to 8'. so thts not gonna work but thnx i guess....

dman1234 said:
7 rows of 3 plants/row= 21 plants JMO.
"IMO/E".. 3 foot centers is going to be crowded, if your plants reach any size. "I" would say 2 rows of 5 would be more appropriate. BUT.. it is all going to be dependent on how big you are able to, or you 'restrict' them too.
I have seen plants that were over 6 feet across, making my suggestion for 5 foot centers "crowded".

i would think 3 rows of 5 would be the max but like Hick said it depends of how big you plan to let them get

ok hick thnx for re assuring
i was gonna do 2 rows of 6
each have a 4'x3.5'x1.5' deep

I have done 21 plants in about the same area you are gonna use. Some turned out pretty small. It was really crowded in there that year.

I am gonna try less this year and go for more bulk in plant size. Doing two rows of 4 per. this year. One in center back too. Anyway that is the March plan for the June line up. Hopefully larger "centers" will mean larger plants. I have seen mine stop growing out when they get close to the plant next to them. Yet when they hit the fence they keep growing......odd.

Good luck to you.

I would think it would depend on what type/strain your gonna' grow. Autos would take alot less room than 12/12. And even among 12/12 size and growing technique would be a variable to conssider.

Latest posts

Back