4u2sm0kes picture clone guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capone said:
how do you keep the dome moist? light? I've grown quality tree, but always fail on the cloning process.

I dont mist as much as I use too...Ive found that some ph water in the tray every few days works better for me....And as 7green said very little light is required to clone...most folks place thier cloner on the floor of veg room...I use a 4 foot flourescent shop light with grow bulbs...another thing to have is pacients...I had real bad time cloneing at first as well...this is just works best for me...

take care and be safe

Obviously 4u's method works, however, if you are still having a hard time getting the clones to root, I've found that taking the Mother off of nutes for 3 days and feeding straight water before you take the cuttings helps.

Wow am I the only one that does not use a dome here?I dont use a dome and I get 99+% success with no dome,just a quick soak in water,a dip in some powder(that I feel washes off and is not needed)put in my collars and place in my bubbler,14 days later I have green healthy clones waiting to go to the flower room.The leaves never wilt.
I learned most of this from here on this forum,believe me I used to not be able to clone at all.I have a thread here called no clone oz,I was frustrated and at wits end.But now clones is old hat and I show others how easy it is to clone.
Ive went even further and started grafting.I have a mother plant with 2 different strains on 1 rootstock,sharksbreath and snow white.Soon she will have 6 different strains on her.
So take your time do the steps and you will be on your way to making more clones then you will need.But always wash your hands before you do anything esp if you are cig smoker,dont let the clones sit to long out of the water dont want the babies to get an air bubble in the stem.you should be able to get plenty of nice plants from cuts.

I dont use domes eather,,just a bubbler. Never had a problem. Never used anything except Super Thrive.

Old Resin said:
Obviously 4u's method works, however, if you are still having a hard time getting the clones to root, I've found that taking the Mother off of nutes for 3 days and feeding straight water before you take the cuttings helps.

I found that misting the mother/donor plant with rooting hormon a few times a day for a few days prior to taking clips has a better rate as well....not sure I would go and not give the donor anything..:cool:

I ran one those massproducers bubble cloners...they worked but not to my liking...Yall should put up your thread on the matter...instead of tryn to change my ways. and confusing new folks....take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
I ran one those massproducers bubble cloners...they worked but not to my liking...Yall should put up your thread on the matter...instead of tryn to change my ways. and confusing new folks....take care and be safe
I'm giving your method a try now, seems to be working well :)

Do you run a lower PH water for them, and how "dry" do you keep them till roots show.

How has this worked for ya bwanabud...I I dont PH water...just keep clone tray filled 1/4 inch water...maybe add water every few days...I stopped misting them when I started doing this...seems to work better...mojo for the clones

take care and be safe
:48:

What Temp. do you keep the air and medium at?

bigjb said:
What Temp. do you keep the air and medium at?

Its on a propagation mat..that runs 70f 24/7...I used peat pellets in this ..but have used rapid rooters and rockwool cubes...thanks for asking

take care and be safe

oh......I forgot the veg area where I clone runs 76f :D

hope this helps

WeedHopper said:
I dont use domes eather,,just a bubbler. Never had a problem. Never used anything except Super Thrive.
Super Jive.... I never use any of the solutions or rooting hormones. I throw them into a glass of pure ph'd water & onto the window sill like Gramma taught me. I bet i run %90 sucess rate. Not too fancy and may take 3 weeks. But, it works great for me.
4u2smoke, i grow in a shed too !

You said you have used rock wool, peat pellets and rapid rooters. Do you have see a noticeable difference from any one?

Mainebud said:
You said you have used rock wool, peat pellets and rapid rooters. Do you have see a noticeable difference from any one?

good question my friend..I would have to say they root about the same...only thing diffrent is I dont soak peat pellets...I just had roots after 8 days in Rapid rooters..and have some in rockwool...Ive strayed away from peatpellets..they are pricey..and ot made of peat much more as they use a coco that dries way to fast for me...thanks for stopping by

take care and be safe

been reading all the cloning tutorials, and i`m a little confused...
i see "take a branch with at least 2 or 3 nodes"...i thought this meant you had to bury 2 or 3 nodes,(what is a node?...where a fan leaf or branch comes off a branch?) but looking at 4u2smokes picture guide, i think i`ve got it wrong?? he says " i take a good piece, or atleast 4 nodes...i only use the top"...huh? so you don`t bury these "nodes"? there doesn`t look like theres room in that peat puck for 4 nodes:D

node n. Section of plant stem where branching and leafing occur.

:aok:

when I take the clipping from plant..I like to have 4 (nodes)..I find that making the 45* cutt...threw the 4th node makes for a better rooting...hope this helps
:48:

johnnylongjohns said:
Super Jive.... I never use any of the solutions or rooting hormones. I throw them into a glass of pure ph'd water & onto the window sill like Gramma taught me. I bet i run %90 sucess rate. Not too fancy and may take 3 weeks. But, it works great for me.
4u2smoke, i grow in a shed too !

Never ends:rolleyes: does it Bro. Super Jive,,go figure.
Can you ever answer a post without a smartass answer????? And you wounder why you have a freaken RED LINE

shahomy said:
so how many nodes do you bury?
and thanks for the reply

I bury the one I cutt through and the one above it...this makes the fan leaf lift towards the sky:D...hope this helps

Go get Him WeedHopper :chuck::chuck:

Latest posts

Back