Another problem ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytee

Reaction score
I have a berry bomb auto from singleseedcentre. Its the only seed that germinated out of 3 AF seeds. The website says its growth rate is amazing, it also states it takes 70 days to flower.
I have this and one other plant in a rubber made tote standing the long way with the walls of it completely white. My pots have no way to have light exposed to the roots. Im using a perlite and unnuted soil mixture with coffee grounds that have had time to break down for nitrogen. Its under 200 watts of CFLs and my pH level is 6.3 and my lights are within 6 inches of the plant.

The seed was germinated December 16th. Its been exactly one month and the plant has not grown any since before the first of the year. Its on a 24 hour light cycle and has ventilation but no fan directly on it. The only thing I've done to the plant besides watering it is cutting its top set of leaves and stem to "supercrop" it and that was a week after the growth stopped. I was hoping it would help but it has not.

I'm sorry if I left out any information, the plant is 2 inches tall. It has the first set of leaves it grows and one more set of leaves. I'm bad with terminology. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Autos should never be subjected to any high stress training, like topping or supercropping, especially a month or so in. You want to grow autos with as little stress as possible. White pots can still let light get to the roots, but I do not believe that is your problem.

We do need way more information though. Your pH is too low, but how are you checking it? If you have one of those probes that you put into the soil, those are useless as they are never correct.

How long are you keeping your light on and how much space is your plant in? I have a feeling that you are way underlit. Is this an actual 200W or equivalent? A 200W CFL is going to be a great big bulb with a mogul base. Cannabis is a high energy plant that demands a lot of light....and the correct type and spectrum of light.

Plants need to be fed. If you are not running a true organic grow, the coffee grounds are not going to do any good. You cannot really just throw coffee grounds in your soil and expect it to feed the plants. It won't. You need a good microbe herd in your soil to break the coffee grounds down into something the plant can use. Using anything with added nutes IS going to give you problems, especially if you are trying to grow organic. Your plant needs to be fed. Get some nutes formulated for cannabis. Your plant is starving for one thing. But unless you get your pH in line (6.8 to 6.3) the nutes will be locked out.

Do you have any ventilation set up? Plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. This means that you have to actually exchange the air in your space every couple of minutes or so. This is accomplished with the use of a good quality exhaust fan. Do not get a duct booster fan as it will not do the job (regardless of what the advertising may say).

I do want to tell you that there really is a reason that cannabis is expensive. It takes a certain amount of money to set up a proper indoor grow and it takes a lot of knowledge, time, and care. Every single plant needs individual care. You will need good nutrients. You will need more/better light. You do need a ventilation system set up. You are probably going to have to give up on the ones you have planted now. Autos only live a certain number of days and then they die. As you are almost 1/2 way through the life cycle of the plant and it is still only 2" tall, I do not believe that you are going to be able to turn this one around quick enough for it to flower.

You can also give it a go in a Rubbermaid container till you feel your ready to drop crazy $ also. Like THG said autos do not like fimming,cropping etc.

Can you post a pic?
Positive vibes bro

Latest posts

Back