Building Grow Box & Getting Started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

theyorker

I have a space in my garage that is perfect for a small growhouse. I'm hoping some of you fine people will help me with your know how and offer me some plans on how to build a growhouse that will fit into a 4' x 2' 6" x 6' 6" space and will pass the strictest security requirements.

My garage is 18' wide and 16' deep. I built an office that is 10' x 10' and it occupies the back right of the garage as you are looking into the garage from the front. This creates 2 solid walls in the garage. Then I built a shelf system that goes along the front of the office wall and extends past it by 3' and goes back 3' along the side wall of the office, toward the back of the garage. This leave me with a space behind the shelf that is blocked from street view. Then I built a shelf for storage that connects to the rear left wall of the garage and the wall of the office and is 20 inches down from the ceiling giving me a plywood "roof" that is 6' 8" high and extends 6' from the back wall of the garage.

I can vent by cutting a small hole into my office and it get's A/C. I've ordered my first seeds and can't wait to get started. So any suggestions on how? Remember I have 2 kids and a wife that maintains a don't ask don't tell policy so security is very important. Sorry to be so lengthy and thanks in advance for your advice.

Be cool.

theyorker said:
I have a space in my garage that is perfect for a small growhouse. I'm hoping some of you fine people will help me with your know how and offer me some plans on how to build a growhouse that will fit into a 4' x 2' 6" x 6' 6" space and will pass the strictest security requirements.

My garage is 18' wide and 16' deep. I built an office that is 10' x 10' and it occupies the back right of the garage as you are looking into the garage from the front. This creates 2 solid walls in the garage. Then I built a shelf system that goes along the front of the office wall and extends past it by 3' and goes back 3' along the side wall of the office, toward the back of the garage. This leave me with a space behind the shelf that is blocked from street view. Then I built a shelf for storage that connects to the rear left wall of the garage and the wall of the office and is 20 inches down from the ceiling giving me a plywood "roof" that is 6' 8" high and extends 6' from the back wall of the garage.

I can vent by cutting a small hole into my office and it get's A/C. I've ordered my first seeds and can't wait to get started. So any suggestions on how? Remember I have 2 kids and a wife that maintains a don't ask don't tell policy so security is very important. Sorry to be so lengthy and thanks in advance for your advice.

Be cool.
Welcome to MP theyorker. Let's see where do we start. Do you have anything so far like lighting, soil, nutes, fans, and so on. By the sound of things your pretty good with tools so you shouldn't have a problem building your grow room. ;)

I don't have any supplies yet. I've been to a few home center and asked around, but I have not bought anything yet.

welcome , florida fianly somebody from the same state hahahh

man one thing about grow boxes just folow step by step what TBG will tell you and you will be good

check DIY area and post's from TBG

He is a master-mind on that !!!
you will see for yourself

Latest posts

Back