Time to harvest? First time grower need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David_2

Reaction score
Hi guys

Outdoor growing, location Sweden
Strain: Auto AK47
Height: 60 cm

Today I noticed that a lot of the pistils has turned orange/red/brown, (see pictures below). I Wonder if it's time to harvest? I wouldn't wanna missjudge and harvest to early or late. Any tips is appriciated!

Hope I provided enough background information for you guys.

image.jpg

Harvest by the color of the trics, not the pistals.

Many things besides maturity can kill the pistals and turn them red/brown.

Like duck says, the only way to tell is to check the trichomes. Get a magnifier or scope that is at least 30x to check the trichs. However, I think that it has quite a ways to go--I would say probably at least 4 weeks..

Okay, but My plant is almost 11 weeks old, and avarage age of autos is 10 weeks(?), so maybe it's ready after all? When I checked now, the trichomes are white-ish, rather then the more transparant as it was before

almost there than...maybe another week or 2....depending on how ya like the meds...I like to take mine when they start to show amber ...Sounds like you have cloudy trichs and that is good too...just what ever you prefer...

she looks very nice

:48:

David_2 said:
Okay, but My plant is almost 11 weeks old, and avarage age of autos is 10 weeks(?), so maybe it's ready after all? When I checked now, the trichomes are white-ish, rather then the more transparant as it was before

If the breeder is telling you 10 weeks....its more than likely longer. I think they gather those specs in "laboratory conditions". Much like how your car will probably never get the MPG the mfg claims...lol.

Latest posts

Back