Turning a trailer into a grow room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocker420

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im alittle new to growing indoors, and iv been thinking instead of growing inside my house, i have thiis old trailer thats about 15-20 feet. its all cleaned out in the inside, and what i want to do is just gut the whole thing and set up 3 grow spots that would be big enough for 40/60/60 clones. A friend of mine said if im gonna grow indoors clones are the best way to go, and i figure since height is a problem that it must be. But now to my main question. With all my equipment, electrical wise, what would be the best way to power the whole thing? Because i just dont see how enough power would go from my house to 20 yards away through just an extension cord.

Wow. I could go on about this all day...lol

First, see if there is a spare 220 plug at your breaker box. If so your in like flinn, run it to the trailer and seperate the two live wires. Each are 120v. and30 amp pull and will be pleanty. if not, no problem. what ever you do, make sure you DO NOT "hang the extention cord in the air. lay it on the ground or even better, burry it an inch or two. You will need a charcol filter!! The 200 bucks will save you 2 years of jail time. as for lights and equipment. I would use 3 gallon buckets or five gallon buckets. The space should allow for 3 rooms. your cuts room only needs two 4 foot florescent tube fixtures. Use plant life or daylight full spectrum tubes. Your vegg room can consist of a 400 watt ballast with a metal halide bulb. Your flower room can have a 600 watt ballast and a sodium bulb. the space should allow for about 10 plants in flower from your best 12 in vegg, from your best 16 to 20 cuts. The cuts from the vegging plants and go in to the cuts room, mature cuts in the vegg room, mature vegg plant in the flower room....etc.. You could pull a pound cured every 60 days If the conditions, temp, stain and care all are good. remember all 3 rooms need to be free from sharing any light with each other. You also need room to work in the trailer. Have you considerd using the trailer for flower only and maybe advanced vegging while keeping a grow closet in the house for cuts/starts? Your chances of infestation are greater in the old trailer than in the house and if a problem exist's and you need to teardown/ resetup and deepclean to get rid of bugs, you know your restarting with healthy well kept cuts.

Well see thats the problem, i dont really have anywhere else to grow indoors, i usually grow out door and im tired of waiting. And like i said in the trailer there is room for 3 growing bays, and im pretty much gonna have to use clones because there isnt enough top space for 6 foot tall plants and lights. The three bays are about 3x7, and yes, with space to work around. The bathroom, wich is the only sperated part, has space in the shower, 4 feet of floor room and a nice sized closet. My plan was to just set up the cuttings in the closet, and use the shower for veg or possibly a mother plant. and thank you for answering my question, much appreciation. Any tips you guys could give my on my growing room and situation would be great. Cus like i said im new to growing indoors and especially in a trailer.

You can use extension cords to power your trailer however it will get very cluttered. You will need multiple cords with 3 way plugs to get power for everything. Remember you need fans, lights, exhaust and they all need an outlet. If you start tripping your breaker because you are overloading the cord, you can get another cord and plug it into an outlet on a different breaker. Then run that cord to the trailer and now you will have 2 power outlets each on different breakers. Then you can split the load evenly between the 2 cords. Good luck buddy.

"and im pretty much gonna have to use clones because there isnt enough top space for 6 foot tall plants and lights."

***? Did I miss something. I'm baked. Umm, growing from clone or seed....the height is dependant on your pots and lights.

northernlightssmokn said:
"and im pretty much gonna have to use clones because there isnt enough top space for 6 foot tall plants and lights."

***? Did I miss something. I'm baked. Umm, growing from clone or seed....the height is dependant on your pots and lights.

Well we're all missing something....but here I think the point is that with clones, you have a 1 foot plant that is as potent as a mature plant. By the time the clone is flowered it would most likely still only be 3ft or so, and it would have the potency of an older plant.

But of course you also bend and train the plants like you're Mr. Miagi in Thailand back in '73. Good times, good times.

Good luck with your camping expedition. I imagine the biggest problem will be heat and exhaust.

White widow is a short grower. I grow it from seed and only get around 3' high. You can top once and LST to make a short bush that will be about 4' wide.

Thats what i mean by me saying im gonna have to use clones, because the inside of the trailer is only like 7 feet tall. Ill have to try a get my hands on some white widow and try that out, thanks weeddog. And i agree with you bob, my biggest problem will be keeping it cool and vented, but it already has a ventilation system in the trailer, ill just need to spend some extra cash to make it optimum for a grow room. But thank you everyone, your comments are sure to help me in my first time growing indoors, ill take pix of the room and crop shortly.

bearfootbob said:
But of course you also bend and train the plants like you're Mr. Miagi in Thailand back in '73. Good times, good times.

mr. miagi wasnt siamese he was japanese..

but tell me were is this trailer at? is it in a residential area? and your talking about a circuit box but dont u have outside outlets? and whats the security on this thing and odor control?

The trailer is in my lower back field. I live on a 10 acre property outside of town. Yes i do have outlets outside, i just wasnt sure if everything in the trailer would just hook up to that without blowing anything. But iv already figured that out. And so far there isnt any security on it. All i have done so far is clean out all the junk(it has been sitting in the same spot for 15 years used as a storage shed). Im currently gutting the inside of it out, taking all the shelvs, cabnits, bed and chairs ect...Havent found any mold or rot anywhere, but ill just have to wait. Then im gonna buy some plywood and cover up all the walls/windows and the floor. And other then that there wouldnt be much more to do. And as far as odor control, i just plan on speending alot on charcol filters and ventilation.

Latest posts

Back