molases question!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_medi_bud

the ant of doom
Reaction score
if you cant get molases would black treacle be a substitute?

mr_medi_bud said:
if you cant get molases would black treacle be a substitute?

Hi Mr Medi Bud-
I think they are the same or at least very similar. You folks have strict labeling laws like we do? If so, the package should tell you what's in it.

Probably the biggest benefit after providing simple sugars for the bacterial life in your soil is the micronutrients that are contained in blackstrap molasses. Iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, potassium are all found in blackstrap. If these minerals are found in your black treacle, then you're good to go.

Good Luck and Happy Growing.

Organic Blackstrap Molasses has all those nutrients and I will add a little to my plants in flower if they are nute hogs, I agree with BBFan.

I use it in the later part of flower....be sure its "Unsulfered"(sp)

Happy Growing

I use It 2 weeks into bloom up till harvest. Seems to build up the buds a bit imo.

peace n' the Dankety Dank,

7greeneyes:)

EDIT: Brer Rabbit Unsulphered Moleasses :rofl:

mountain man said:
So does that mean the other types of growing styles don't matter? Is it that big of a secret that people add molases to soil grows for micro life and sugars?
Pretty closed mind for a Mod...... Not much help.

Jus say'in

Truthfully, unless there's healthy microbial life in the soil, adding molasses isn't doing much good, if any. In other words, if you're using a chem based nute system, you'll likely not be needing molasses for much!

How should I store molasses after opening, fridge or cool dark place?

It doesn't require refrigeration.

Latest posts

Back