Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those BOC seed are slow to germ !-- Probably still a little soon to pop them ?-- I'll have 3-4 so let's just wait and see ? -- These hybrids that look like an indica and stretch like a sativa vex me !-- Hoe Berry especially !
Dam she good but I'll need netting when I go with bigger plants !-- Riot Berry and GDP-X-B.R. looking that way too !--

i keep finding a stray seed in the bpu as i grow it. probably my fault. but i have had a few strains just hermie on me bif time. threw the seeds out too
That is interesting. The lemon tree is super sensitive, even a little stress and it throw nanners from what I have been told. So even good growers get a few seeds in a pound. I try to avoid breeding with plants that are that sensitive but it is hard to know what the breeder used unless you can talk to them and ask those kinds of questions.

See that lanky limb to the left ? -- Riot Berry -x- BPU -- Fat leaves and long intern node spaces ?-- Dam !-- Stuff like that makes me work !

Stick to your instincts Umbra !-- U doing something right !-- I can't be having no finicky plants either !-- They got to thrive under my abuse !

Some people can pick up a musical instrument and just play it like they were born to it !-- Same with lots of other stuff !-- U don't have to understand it --but it do happen !-- Umbra follow your instincts when breeding !-- Something inside U knows what to do !-- I seen the evidence !

So I have this on my mind, best to talk about it...maybe share some opinions. Hermi's. Do you breed plants you know have hermi genetics, because it is dank. My opinion is breeding with hermi's just defeats the whole purpose of breeding. Cannabis wants to continue the species, so as a landrace, some cannabis will hermi naturally. In my opinion, part of the breeder's art is to breed out those characteristics. I stress any plant I even think I will breed with, to see if it will hermi easily. Most people see female to male hermi's. But the opposite is also true. Male plants that will pop a few hairs here and there. DJ Short mentioned these plants as anomalies and thought that their genetics were very special. When I grew out some of Bodhi's headtrip, I had a male that popped a few hairs. I took a picture and posted it at breedbay for Bodhi to see. He sent me a pix of the male he used in the breeding and it popped a couple of hairs also. I chose not to breed with that male, but found another in the pack of seeds that did not display that trait. I have not seen any hermi's in the F2 I did, but I suspect the genetic trait is still there, just recessive at the moment.

I have to strongly agree with you my friend breeding with them is not good

Since we getting all technical on da herb today I got's a question too !-- U know I plan on pressing oil for vape cartridges !-- Seems I heard Umbra speaking of premixed terepenes variety specific !-- I get my potent heavy oil producing production plants -- Why can't I just adjust the terepenes and give U what U looking for ?-- They just gonna have more and more variety in terepene additives! -- So why can't I just grow my a** off and flavor it with terepenes to produce the desired flavor ?

Evening OFC
Keef glad to see your still with us. All this weed talk has me itching. Good thing I got this Cheesy Jones and SR91 going. To many seeds not enough space.
Waiting on UPS Will be back to 1200 watt draw in the tent.
Going to find my pipe.

Still kicking Hippy !-- I'm in !-- Found some of that White Indica up there !-- I like it ! -- I don't want to count varieties anymore !-- I got more than 2 !

Since we getting all technical on da herb today I got's a question too !-- U know I plan on pressing oil for vape cartridges !-- Seems I heard Umbra speaking of premixed terepenes variety specific !-- I get my potent heavy oil producing production plants -- Why can't I just adjust the terepenes and give U what U looking for ?-- They just gonna have more and more variety in terepene additives! -- So why can't I just grow my a** off and flavor it with terepenes to produce the desired flavor ?

You can. I've done it. I use a company that derives their terpenes from source other than cannabis, so they can be shipped anywhere.

Honestly, I don't think you need a high THC plant. Just fast flowering and heavy yielding and the rest is in the extraction and processing.

Cool !-- I been wondering about that Umbra !-- Yes it needs to finish fast but shouldn't U want something potent that makes lots of oil ? -- I'm thinking high potentcy and higher percentage of that oil recovered for weight ? --

I think that only matters if plant count is an issue. When it comes to carts, is it weight or volume that matters? Or both? From my view point, if weight is the issue, the THC molecule is going to weigh the same regardless of THC %. But if I remember correctly, adding an acetate chain to the THC molecule, changes how THC interacts with the brain and adds considerable weight. I'm thinking a post processing extraction that adds weight to the THC molecule would be more effective than a high THC strain. Just really high and thinking out loud.

THC Acetate !-- add about 30 % to weight !-- More mean more !-- Most amount I can extract of the most potent !-- We talking weight recovered as oil from a certain weight of weed ? -- More potent that oil is to start means it will fill more carts ?-- Remember "Liquid Weed " ?-- 50% hash oil !-- Better it is to start better the finished product !

Speaking of liquid weed,,,im vaping some GG right now. Yehaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah,,one of my Brothers got some Cartridges. I likey,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back