Bird Lovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerplanter

Reaction score
I decided to let you folks see who I spend most of my time with. Her name is Angel, which is ironic because she is the meanest bird I have ever owned. Most of you know them as parakeet's. They are originally from Australia and the Aborigine name is Bedgerigah which means good food or good to eat. I threaten to find out at least once a week. We call them Budgies. She is about 10 years old and should live at least another 5 to 10 years.

IMG_20120430_134351.jpg

IMG_20120430_134859.jpg

IMG_20120430_134838.jpg

IMG_20120430_134356.jpg

Props for revealing the etymology of the Englsh name "budgerigar". I had no idea where/how they got that name.

Lookin mighty tasty too me as well as my bird LOL Cute I reckon thanks for the edumacation friend now ifin they in fact be a delicasy in their home land how would they cook somethin like that reckon it would pop in a skillet? Dont know what kind of dippin sause used on little wing like that? Just yankin ankle pilgrem now harms to yur feelin I hope just pokin fun cute bird for sure but my bird friend would diffinatly be takin to lickin beak.

BWD

I grew up with parakeets. :)

Tweety and Bird were our 2. They had a lot of eggs over the years but never one chick.

Nice bird.
Once upon a time we had a yard goose and a turkey. OMG they were riots.
Anyone that drove up, the goose would put its head down and charge the vehicle. And go around door to door looking in the windows.
People would run across the yard up to the door when they had the chance. Even had some that would call from the driveway for us to go out and distract him.
And all he would really do is go up to you and grab your pants leg basically.

Now the Turkey. lol
When people were eyeballing the goose. Looking around or down for him. The turkey would be up in the tree beside the front steps. And he would bail out that tree on people.

1 friend I had. The goose for some reason hated him. He was walking up to the steps and the turkey bailed out the tree on him. And the goose jumped up on him smacking with those wings. Tore him up. Said it felt like a crowd of people were beating him with broomsticks. lol

Always wanted to get a few more of each.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Nice bird.
Once upon a time we had a yard goose and a turkey. OMG they were riots.
Anyone that drove up, the goose would put its head down and charge the vehicle. And go around door to door looking in the windows.
People would run across the yard up to the door when they had the chance. Even had some that would call from the driveway for us to go out and distract him.
And all he would really do is go up to you and grab your pants leg basically.

Now the Turkey. lol
When people were eyeballing the goose. Looking around or down for him. The turkey would be up in the tree beside the front steps. And he would bail out that tree on people.

1 friend I had. The goose for some reason hated him. He was walking up to the steps and the turkey bailed out the tree on him. And the goose jumped up on him smacking with those wings. Tore him up. Said it felt like a crowd of people were beating him with broomsticks. lol

Always wanted to get a few more of each.

Believ in every word yual say in this here story!!! Once got the snot kicked out of me by couple canadian geese cause i got to close to their yungens. I was in canoe at the time too they came at me from both sides and they were in me canoe beatin the skin off my face and nows that yual mentions it it was like gettin beatin by a bunch of brooms. What a nestalgic momment thanks for the rememberins.

BWD

lol Birds are a trip for sure. BWD, I think you'd have to have at least 50 or so of the budgies to get your appetite wet. lol They are fun. I bought my first one when I was about 15 or 16. She was the tamest one I've had so far. Our cat was pretty interested at first, but once she knew I wasn't going to let her eat the bird she didn't want anything to do with her. Thanks for checking in guys. :)

My great grandmother had a goose that lived in her yard, when we were kids my brother and i used to have to go cut and haul her firewood, and that thing was ruthless, it would charge and attack us and leave big welts/bruises where it bit us.

powerplanter said:
lol Birds are a trip for sure. BWD, I think you'd have to have at least 50 or so of the budgies to get your appetite wet. lol They are fun. I bought my first one when I was about 15 or 16. She was the tamest one I've had so far. Our cat was pretty interested at first, but once she knew I wasn't going to let her eat the bird she didn't want anything to do with her. Thanks for checking in guys. :)

Keep wild close to yur heart friend the time commen yual need to re conect, See yu fireside anytime! Yual good kind folk.

BWD

We have cockatiels. George and Martha. They have so much sex it is ridiculous. After they consummate their marriage George does the wolf whistle. It is crazy.

Thy had two babies and i found homes for them Now they have 5 eggs and I am thinking of a humane way to kill the embryos and then give them back to the parents so they will quit laying. Any ideas?

I would take a picture, but they are in their house which is ironically a cat food box. I love george and martha when they aren't having sex and babies.

Rose cook the eggs then cool them and place back in the cage.

My grandpa had 2 cockatiels Sam and George sam would talk and George would try to steal girls earrings

You can do it like ozzy say's, or you can find something about the same size as the eggs and color. I think ozzys' way would work the best. I tried to breed Angel but the eggs didn't get fertilized. Rose, I know they sell things just for that purpose. Maybe at petco? I'd love to see some pics. if you are comfortable with that. Take care guy's. :)

spear, the goose and the turkey? oh man, i think i been to you're shack!:p we were all partying one night sitting round the woodstove, when my bro walked in with the turkey. he said i gotta show y'all something. i'm gonna make this bird go to sleep...alright, you got my attention man...so he pulls up a stool, and sits, and sticks the turkeys head under its wing, tucks it under his arm, and he starts rocking it to sleep like a baby...lol...

bout five minutes pass, and he sits the bird on the floor in the circle, and sure nuff, that birds either dead, or its in a deep deep sleep...we kept the party rolling and bout half hour goes by and he says he's going to wake the turkey up, and were all pie eyed, just staring at it laughing our butts off, and he gives it a good nudge with his foot, and holy mother of god, that bird came alive with the devil inside...lol...

it kicked the crap outta everyone in the circle, bout 10 in all...(was you in that circle too?)lol...that turkey was never right from that night on...it met every vehicle to enter the yard, would jump up on the car and attack the wiper blades, jumping at everything that moved, attacking everyone...that went on about a year, and it finally commited suicide...it attacked a road grader blade, and lost!:eek: ...good riddance, i was gonna do it something anyway next time it got froggy i kept threatening...then when i seen it turned into a hat laying in the gravel road, i couldnt help but stop and smoke one and remember all the times it had me in stitches...

we called him booster rooster...:D he was crazzzyyyy...

((had a blind owl too that was cool. well not for the owl ya know. little screech owl. he loved marshmellows man. my friend at the nature center gave him a guarded home for life.:cool: ))...

Be think we be to some same partys in life pilgrem and ifin not sure would be fun ifin we did by sounds of it LOL Good time be had round warmth of fire.

BWD

birds are... well... "fowl"..:rofl:

Screenshot10.png

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Believ in every word yual say in this here story!!! Once got the snot kicked out of me by couple canadian geese cause i got to close to their yungens. I was in canoe at the time too they came at me from both sides and they were in me canoe beatin the skin off my face and nows that yual mentions it it was like gettin beatin by a bunch of brooms. What a nestalgic momment thanks for the rememberins.

BWD
Geese are frightening, especially big ones. A gaggle of guard geese would be better protection than a Neapolitan Mastiff. :eek: :bolt:

:goodposting:

mated geese are the meanest kritters...my grandparents had a pair and they'd always say...."stay outta the lower pasture" and sure enough one of us grandkids would disregard gramma's warning and the inevitable attack would ensue...lol...good times...:rolleyes:

birds always seemed a bit loveless to me but your birdie does look cool Powerplanter.

:peace:,

7ge:)

Latest posts

Back