New from Arizer... the Air

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new solo Air is Great . Just as good as the first solo , If I was to buy a hand held vape it would be the solo air.

You can not go wrong with a solo.
But if your a hipster and like hot vape go PAX. You can even play Simon says lol.

My buddy shop sells the AIR for $220 CDN

Well, I just did a little comparison and I don't see how the Air is worth $70 more.

The Air is smaller. The Solo is 4.5"x1.75" and the Air is 4.75"x1.25. If you figure the volume, that's quite a difference.

They both heat to 410F. The Air says, "1 to 2 minutes". The Solo claims 2.5 minutes max.

The Solo advertises 1 to 2 hours of use per charge. The Air...1 hr.

The Air has a removable battery which is nice. But the new Solo can be used while charging.

I like the removable battery option on the Air (which, really, is about the only difference) but I don't think it's worth the extra $70.

Has anyone tried hash or dry sift in their Solo? I don't smoke much weed so it would have to work with hash and sift for me.

I have put oil on top of weed in the solo. I think i did hash too... it works. I like the solo a lot. HOWEVER, i am not using it this season... smoking out of a glass tube and like it. I need to get back to the solo though.

feeling it Rose?

I vaped for about 2 years straight and now for the past 2-3 months I've been combusting a LOT... I can feel it in my lungs :(

Joe, you know what, i was diagnosed with asthma last winter. So i have used a puffer since then. I went to see the pulmonologist last week, didn't do the puffer, smoked a bunch of pot before i went in....he listened said i sounded great. The respiratory therapist is an old hippy that works there, i told him i smoked pot, he told me to continue. Seems my asthma is almost gone for now.. But common sense tells me to start vaping again.

I`ve used hash in my Solo. Shaved off thin pieces of hash to vape. Just checked my hash stash, outta luck, all gone, but I was hopin`.

Hey gang. I got my Arizer Solo today and, so far it seems really nice. However, I have a question.

The mouthpiece is kind of tough to insert the first time but I followed the destructions and let it heat up a little first. It went in a little tough but it did go in OK, I think...

Now that it is in, it's all loose and wiggly. Is it supposed to be like that?

Yes, it will be wiggly. This allows you to slightly tilt it to get a good hit. Try it with the mouthpiece flat, can`t draw, tilt it, you can.
DO NOT buy a wooden mouthpiece, they`re junk, from experience.

Yes, just as you described the first time i thought it didn't fit. If you find the hit is a hard draw, pull the glass tube up a eighth of an inch and it draws mighty fine. Wiggly is normal.

Thanks gang. I did a little searching and saw this was normal.

I really like this Solo. It is, by far, the best portable I have owned. My guitar player is bringing over his Pax for a Vape-off this Sunday at practice. LOL

The bowl is a little small but, it's good for 4 or 5 hits. I give it an A+ in my review book.

A+, me too. You get used to the bowl size.

My best friends birthday is next month and I am going to buy him a Solo. I did look at the Air, too. But like you Hackerman, I can not see where the Air is worth $70 over the Solo. It is nice to know that the mouthpiece is hard to get in and that the wooden mouthpiece is junk. Any other words of wisdom?

I just had breakfast with mine and I couldn't be happier. Quick. Sweet. Comfortable to use.

Couple things. You can get "high end" mouth pieces for these. I'm not so sure what makes them "high end" other than the $30 to $80 price. LOL But, they do have them available. Some are more ornate, like this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ariz...023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf348fe9f

One thing I did see that was nice... a washer kit that makes the mouth piece fit snug. It's about $4 for 3 on eBay and takes a couple seconds to install. I would get one but, quite frankly, I like the loose fit. It does allow one to "adjust" the hit a little once you get the finesse. Plus, I found that my curved and my straight mouth pieces both fit a little differently so I am experimenting a little. Here are the washers...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEEP-STEMS-...132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51bc028a94

THG, if you are making it a present, you absolutely should make it special with a custom wrap. They have a zillion designs to choose from depending on your friend's personality. And, they are about $7. Here is one I think is cool...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skin-Decal-...334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae4b7bfc6

but they have them is all kinds of prints from snake skin to waterfalls. Nice added touch for a gift.

WOW Hackerman, cool links. I want a wrap, stat.... so cute. don't need the washer things, but the glass was very cool too... Fun stuff, thanks.

The wraps are definitely cool. I thought I remembered plastic/rubber/silicone/whatever wraps for them as well but I didn't see any on eBay.

A few more cool Solo gift ideas...

A case that looks like a book... http://www.vaporseller.com/arizer-solo-vaporizer-case.html

solo_earth_white_resized.jpg

Vape-Case looks pretty cool... http://ezvaporizers.com/parts-and-accessories/cases/arizer-solo-vape-case/prod_559.html

I have seen this concept utilized in several forum threads.. Can you use it upside-down? Wonder what the mfg says about that. Not sure if I would like vaping through water or not. I like the taste of vape. I'll have to try this..

txyjjmM.jpg

Thanks Hackerman. I think he would like the green camo one.

Quick heads up that I forgot about. I put a 1/4 inch screen in my mouthpeices, no more little bits of weed gets through, nice, and cheap. If I knew addresses, I`d send several peeps 10 a piece. Probably be a lifetime supply. Paid $3.00 for 100, with free shipping on amazon.

Latest posts

Back