GJ: Big Bang & OG Kush Auto's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome opossum. Mucho gracias for the prompt and very helpful replies!!!

I am all excited cause I've been getting better every time and I looked down today and was like "Ahhh"

All 3 OGKs have sprouted, in other related topics

Its a good feeling. And youre welcome. I get a lot of help here and pretty soon you will be helping others.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also grabbed a couple (2) UV-A/365nm bulbs and will be adding at least 1 to my room. Get some a that beneficial UV in there. Honestly just a couple blacklight bulbs, looks to be a single 2W diode chip, it should be plenty powerful enough. May also help with pest control, the blue spectrum in most LEDs should also be helping with pest control. Thinkin about getting a dedicated blue LED blub to add as well, can leave it on during the dark period as well.

http://www.realclearscience.com/jou...o_kill_insects_with_visible_light_109021.html

LED panels offering UVs built in are using 400nm UV, I should be quite fine at 365nm. Here is an article breaking down UV light grades, A/B/C. LED grow panels offering UV are using the UVA spectrum/wavelength/whatever, 320-400nm.

https://www.blackdogled.com/blogwhich-is-better-uva-or-uvb/

http://www.eclipselightinginc.com/p...ressure-sodium-to-led-conversion-chart260.php

Peeked back in and it looks like good progress has been made. Girls grow so fast huh. Good luck and green mojo brother...looks to be a good start. :)

Peeked back in and it looks like good progress has been made. Girls grow so fast huh. Good luck and green mojo brother...looks to be a good start. :)

Thanks man and appreciated!! The Big Bangs are supposed be high yielders with a short flower time. The above pics are 16 days from first pistil sighting. I try and get all those stems up and as close to the light as possible, I got one stem up so high its rivaling the main.

Been holding off on posting pics of Big Bang 2. She got a little under-watered and this strain gets SOO droopy during lights out, I didn't wanna post sad, droopy plant pics.

Here is some nice pics of BB2 from today. She's uh, getting pretty big consider it's an auto.

Stuff hanging in the middle of lots of pics is a pair of headphones. Ipod is on constant 27/7 rotation of what is loaded on it. Ladies jam out to a good mix of stuff. Metal (mainly), Eminem, some oldies, some lighter stuff like Green Day and Chevelle.

picture.php

picture.php

New Stuff
#1:A smaller, clip on style fan. Honeywell fan is very quality, but just to big for my space.
picture.php

#2: New Lights

May get some "Why you do that???" and such, but eh.

2 new LED lights, both simple little things with typical incandescent type bodies. 1 light is a blue LED/bulb, the other is a UV/Black light LED/bulb.

I am leaving the new blue LED on 24 hours. It will be on during the dark period, it will be the only light that I let stay on 24 hours. 3.5W bulb.

The UV light...It has 26 diodes in it. 9W bulb. So, .3W diodes. I have this light sitting at 14" above my plants, just to see how my plants react to it for the first intro of UV into my space.

Blue LED
picture.php

UV/Black Light LED
picture.php

picture.php

Changed from the 9W/.3 Diode UV bulb to a 2W Single Diode/365nm bulb. There is a difference between the 2 bulbs. The 9W bulb gave off a visable violet light. The 2W gives off no visible light, to an incredibly dim blue light.
picture.php

Both seeds came from the same marked bag. Quite the difference between the 2. BB2 is much bigger n' bushier. I will take a pic before the lights come on. Those leaves will be ALL perked up. They just have enough after 15 hours and start to droop. A good rest period and they perk right back up. 22 days into flower for the smaller of the 2 (BB1), BB2 is about week behind.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Timeline has BB1 being done the 30th. Give her another week before I really start to look at tric's, also showing no signs of flowering end leaf color change. Some nute burn on the tips but that's all.

picture.php

picture.php

BB2 doing its thing. Taking up 1/2 the room at this point. Heck of a seed this one is/was.

picture.php

Trimming/pruning has been left to a minimum. Only trimmed twice the whole grow and only trimmed ugly, half dead leaves, mostly from the bottom. I'd say no more than a dozen leaves per plant have been removed during entire grow.

Really starting to think my estimated timeline is off. BB1 will have been flowering/first visible pistil for 42 days on the 30th, 9 more days. Leafs show no signs of ending flower discoloration, white pistils still dominate, 90%+.

Certainly not going to complain if she goes longer. Buds are looking really nice.

New tent is up and running. Finally got time this afternoon after a much needed short day at work.

Is there any kind of science between light leaks and yield? I.E. - if a lot of light is leaking out from the room/space, will it have a negative effect on yield?

Added a 2nd UV bulb also. Now at 4W's of 365nm UV light.

Its 5 days from 42 days since first pistils appeared. Again, these were advertised as a 42 day flower period. BB1 is nowhere near close to being ready to harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

Ill advised or not, I went after BB2 with the trim scissors. What an unruly beast she became. Taking up 1/2 a 3x3 tent. Cut a lot of lower stuff off, a lot. Shock or not, I feel as though she needed it, and may actually like it. Like how ya' feel when ya don't have a haircut for a long time, then get such. Did give her a little top dress of new dirt, a watering, kept the nutes out. A little "sorry bout that" kinda thing.

BB1 will be in flower 42 days Thursday. Again, not ready to chop. Leafs still lively/green. Trics look clear (Ordered a microscope so I can actually see what I'm trying to look at). Disappointed, but not. Longer she goes, bulkier she gets. Just keep my eyes on them trics.

Looks good AGuy!!

I have one that is at day 40 and is supposed to be a 45-50 day strain but, "i'll be the judge of that!":icon_smile: I too have my doubts but, I'm just a noob.

Looks good AGuy!!

I have one that is at day 40 and is supposed to be a 45-50 day strain but, "i'll be the judge of that!":icon_smile: I too have my doubts but, I'm just a noob.

Thanks for the looking! Buyer beware on "quick" flowering time strains apparently. Noob also, fun learning though! Checked out your grow, pretty similar set up we have. I have 1 less LED panel than you're running.

Here is a couple pics of BB2, post-haircut.

picture.php

Still big, but better. Lots of bud sites.
picture.php

Previously:
picture.php

Finally!

A solution to the fan topic. Really just kind of irritating trying to get a fan in a good set up in a smaller tent. Not enough room for a bigger fan and I don't like the clip ons.

So I took a clip-on, and made it better, and actually useful. Lots of room behind the fan head. Fan does not move/flip/flop.

(I also have another fan, outside the tent. Sits at one of the bottom Velcro flaps. Flap is open, fan blows air in through the screen.)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Back